Brrrrr... Its sure is cold.....

Dude, wait till around late June, take I96 west to exit 9,at a little burg caled NUNICA. Get on m-104 and follow it 8 miles to Grand Haven. Take the first right over the bridge, and follow it to The river walk, and Grand Haven State Park. Time it to watch the sunset from the pier. YOU WONT REGRET IT!
From the looks of current events at Scab Air, 'Cods with be on the short bus back to redneckville, and scabs like you will be wondering "why me" again. ;)

I take it then that you have never seen the sunset over Lake Michigan?.....Pity. And I thought it was only us wrench gypsies that had no life
Been fishing on it (didn't eat any, pollution ya know), boated on it, snowmobiled on its shores. I grew up in the mid-west. Been all over the U.P. and upper mid-west, as well as the world. Been with the largest airline in the world for almost 20 years, so I have been some places.

....and judging by the amount of PlaytheCods posts in as many months, it sure looks like a sum zero scab life, at least to many here. What really destresses me the most is the thought you were once a Marine, what a shame. :down:

Been fishing on it (didn't eat any, pollution ya know), boated on it, snowmobiled on its shores. I grew up in the mid-west. Been all over the U.P. and upper mid-west, as well as the world. Been with the largest airline in the world for almost 20 years, so I have been some places.

....and judging by the amount of PlaytheCods posts in as many months, it sure looks like a sum zero scab life, at least to many here. What really destresses me the most is the thought you were once a Marine, what a shame. :down:
once a Marine, always a Marine.....I just dont get all that worked up over what side of a contact dispute your on. When you have seen starvation,war, famine and death on the scale I have, the problems we discuss on this board seem rather trivial.

once a Marine, always a Marine.....I just dont get all that worked up over what side of a contact dispute your on. When you have seen starvation,war, famine and death on the scale I have, the problems we discuss on this board seem rather trivial.
Once a (hopefully) honorable Marine, now a dishonorable scab.

I have an uncle that did two full tours in 'Nam as a Marine grunt, and I can assure you he has seen the worst of this world. He was never a scab bootlicker, or would he ever consider it.

You might think its "trivial" to assist Scab Air ruin lives and careers, but I do not.

Once a (hopefully) honorable Marine, now a dishonorable scab.

I have an uncle that did two full tours in 'Nam as a Marine grunt, and I can assure you he has seen the worst of this world. He was never a scab bootlicker, or would he ever consider it.

You might think its "trivial" to assist Scab Air ruin lives and careers, but I do not.
Do you realy think a 15 dollar an hour pay cut, or a lay off with a 35000 severence is actually more meaningful than watching your children ACTUALLY starve to death? Thats why claims of us "...taking food from the mouths of children" cracks me up. WHEN YOUR DAUGHTERS HAVE BEEN RAPED AND BUTCHERED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, TELL ME AGAIN HOW SCAbS ARE THE SAME AS RAPISTS AND CHILD MOLESTERS! Until then, your just spouting sound bites, and not saying a damn thing.
As we speak, there are places where people are so weak from hunger they just lay in the street and wait for death. Tell me again how horrible you got it here.
This weekend my brothers and I went to Cass corridor to pass out food and blankets to the homeless. Im gonna go out on a limb here, but I would venture to guess that NONE of those people we fed gave a bucket of warm spit that I was a scab. Are you really worse off than they? Have you really suffered so?
One of my above mentioned brothers is a dedicated union man. He knows full well how I got my job at Northwest, and yes, we do have some spirited debate about it. Sure, we are on opposite sides of the debate regarding the worth of organised labor, but ya know what? He's my brother, I love him, And I'd die for him. He'd do the same for me.
I cannot understand why terms on a labor agreement can generate such hatred. Have we so little to worry about in this country that we are willing to forsake life long friends over a some imaginary line?

CSAR GYRENE......Please stop...you're gonna make me cry :(

Break the dam violin cords already....
Next you'll be telling us about your purple heart award....

you're a low life non feeling job stealing SOB SCAB....

Face it, don't be pulling the good samaritan sh!! with us to try to make yourself look/feel better....it ain't working in this forum....
go cry your own praises somewhere else....you gotta go feed the hungry and give them blankets in order to make yourself feel better then thats on your conscience....I sleep fine at night....

real tired of reading all YOUR blah blah blah...... :rant:

CSAR:

Your comments will get nowhere with people like groundcontrol.

He is a big time union person.

He would NEVER do ANYTHING unless he got paid to do it.

Your volunteer work is great and I wish more people would do as you do.

However, I don't think many pro-union would ever "work" for no wages. It something their radar doesn't pick up.

DUDE
CSAR GYRENE......Please stop...you're gonna make me cry :(

Break the dam violin cords already....
Next you'll be telling us about your purple heart award....

you're a low life non feeling job stealing SOB SCAB....

Face it, don't be pulling the good samaritan sh!! with us to try to make yourself look/feel better....it ain't working in this forum....
go cry your own praises somewhere else....you gotta go feed the hungry and give them blankets in order to make yourself feel better then thats on your conscience....I sleep fine at night....

real tired of reading all YOUR blah blah blah...... :rant:
Dude..seriously...let go off the hate. It aint good for ya.

heres a real simple solution to your dilema...move your cursor to that little box with the "X"in it...good...now press the left mouse button. GOODBYE.

CSAR:

However, I don't think many pro-union would ever "work" for no wages. It something their radar doesn't pick up.

Pops--

So your theory is that if you're pro union you can't be civic minded?!

Let me be the first to shoot holes in that crackpot theory.

I'm as pro-union as they come, but I (and my family) have given plenty back to the communites where we've lived-and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

What's ironic is that while CSAR is helping one segment of society, he's effectively cutting the throat of another....

Back to Shady Acres with you.

Pops--

So your theory is that if you're pro union you can't be civic minded?!

Let me be the first to shoot holes in that crackpot theory.

I'm as pro-union as they come, but I (and my family) have given plenty back to the communites where we've lived-and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

What's ironic is that while CSAR is helping one segment of society, he's effectively cutting the throat of another....

Back to Shady Acres with you.
that segment of society effectivly cut thier own throats... I'm just here to try and stop the bleeding..hense the title "SCAB"

CSAR:

----------------------------------------------------------
OK old timer, FIRST off you regard me as a he...you're radar may be a little off on that one. :blush: ;)
SECOND: There are a lot of homeless people walking around right now in my old NWA uniforms, parkas, rain gear, hats, etc...SO DON'T TELL ME I'M NOT A GIVER. ;)
THIRD, this has to be one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard. :stupid:
Let's face it if Mother Theresa was a scab, I'd have no respect for her either. :angry2:

THIRD, this has to be one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard. :stupid:
Let's face it if Mother Theresa was a scab, I'd have no respect for her either. :angry2:
Do you think this might be why unions have such a bad rep in most of the country?

Ya know, I probably should let this one go, but I gotta wonder..is this how you union guys really believe?
Please tell me most of you dont feel this way.
I am almost tempted to believe that this post was really left by some Anti union sicko trying to make the rest of you look bad. Or is this a perfect example of my "20 percent" theory?
777, you seem fairly even keeled, what do you think? I am completely befuddled by this attitude.

Poverty certainly changes your world-view. The Federal Government classifies me as "poor", however I am no way deprived. I have all my needs met. As far as this union vs scab debate goes, nothing is black and white. I know of a UAL pilot that crossed ALPA's line in order to maintain his medical insurance to care for his critically ill wife. Certainly his particular case deserves forgiveness. This issue was so poignantly portrayed in the play Les Miserables where the protagonist was imprisoned for stealing a loaf of bread in order to feed his starving family. I'm sure none of you would condone stealing most of the time, but there ARE exceptions.

With that being said, standing up for your rights is the cornerstone for freedom. In order to prevent this country from decaying into the conditions witnessed by a few of you that posted in this thread, the rampant corporate stealing and exploitation must be stopped. As I have said before and I will say again, each and every one of you must clearly define what you will, and will not stand for. This is purely a personal decision as each person's situation is different. No union can make this decision for you. I made a personal decision not to allow myself to be exploited in this industry (or any other). I took a huge paycut to work for myself. Many of you would not be willing to do this as I live hand-to-mouth with no guarentees as to my income. It hasn't been easy but is has been worth it.

I am considering a return to the industry in order get myself financially solvent again. However, I will choose very carefully if I decide to do so. I feel my credentials, experience and expertise are worth at least a comfortable middle-class salary. Otherwise I'm better off working for myself and maintaining my independance, despite the low income.

All of you must decide what your priorities are and do whatever it takes to be true to them. My hat is off to those of you that are doing that.

Latest posts