Delta In Bk!

ebwgs said:
For the sake of the employees I think you need to wish some luck on management, present and future.
[post="300669"][/post]​
but mgmt will keep their pensions but not the employees? I know what happens in CH11 because I was with US in both bankruptcies and we got our a$$ shafted and lost our penisons. All of mgmt kept theirs.

Who ever would have thought that all but one major US airline has had a trip thru the BK courts...Best of luck to all DL employees..Its hard to grasp whats really happening here....wow....

funny how ya'll wish them all good but the fine folks at UAL and Usairways you just trash. shameful.

I think most us folks wishing them well are USAirways and UAL employees. Over the past few years I have developed a pretty thick skin, and bk is something I would never wish on anyone.

rumor from my buddy at the now BANKRUPT Delta Airlines was wages less than the new usairways and pension gone. Guess Delta MGT. will get that in BK 11.

for all you living in a high cost area, one of the best financial things to do is MOVE to a less costly area. Sell that over-sized house etc. NOW. The good times
ARE OVER.

:shock:

The Delta Management
parachute250.jpg
are packed!

Now, the employees with get the shaft. This is how companies today, operate. I wonder what the Pro-Delta people are saying now? It's not the "family" anymore. Because management will get their pensions and the employees will not.

Welcome to the club. Ya'll are in good company.

Now tell me, are your feelings toward BK the same? Not more than a year ago, some DL folk here were claiming that there should be no ch 11. They felt an airline in financial trouble should go straight to ch 7.

I remember because, as my airline was gasping its last breath, Leo was sitting on its chest saying it was an "unlevel playing field". I argued "what about the hardworking employees" and the response was "screw you. we work hard too and you're killing us."

Now AA, JB, WN, and CO are still flying w/o BK protection and the field is even more tilted than ever. So, tell me, do you hardliners feel the same? Do you think DL should skip ch11 and go straight to ch 7?

robbedagain said:
I wish you all at DL the very best of this troubling times. Good Luck to all the employees, not the mgmt.
[post="300652"][/post]​
Are you serious...you need mgmnt to run a company and you don't want them to have any good luck? You're an ass!

B.O.B. said:
The Delta Management
parachute250.jpg
are packed!

Now, the employees with get the shaft. This is how companies today, operate. I wonder what the Pro-Delta people are saying now? It's not the "family" anymore. Because management will get their pensions and the employees will not.
[post="300875"][/post]​
DL scum have been bashing U and UAL ever since ch 11, and you are right, also saying that they should have gone to ch 7. DL should actually go directly to ch 7. Between the assinign FAs to the pilots that cannot get out of the bar, this airline should be shuttered.

uafa21 said:
To both dl and nw employees, look for several rounds of paycuts and no more pension plan.

The best to you both, hopefully, your management will have the foresight to get you out before 3 years. Hopefully management will not peicemeal what they want from you. This is not a fun and exciting time to be the airline industry.
[post="300607"][/post]​

Sadly Been there Done that applies, Hold your collect heads up. It is not going to be easy by any means, but DAL will continue to fly and you all will make that happen because of the airline professionals you are as demostrated in the days following 9/11 and beyond.

As stated above, Best of luck to you all. you deserve (as do just about 100% of all the airline employees) much better.

with respect and admiration.
javaboy

magsau said:
I really never thought I would see the day when DL filed. Truly a stunner for me. Good luck to everyone at DL. The BK road is not fun so hang in there and best wishes.
[post="300608"][/post]​

Tell this to United management who has been hiding behind the C11 judges robe for almost 3 years.Companies like UAL and USAir operating in C11 for indefinite periods of time is one of the reasons why DAL and NWA filed for bankruptcy.'If you can't beat them-join them"
These recent filings may force AMR to file C11 also so they can compete on the same playing field[airline business-C11 style]

<_< Make sure your seat belts are secured! It's going to be one hell of a ride!! Best of luck to all !!! Signed:" Just another one of aa's red headed stepchildren!!!"

marco90821 said:
Are you serious...you need mgmnt to run a company and you don't want them to have any good luck? You're an ass!
[post="300963"][/post]​
First of all, I have been with an airline who went ch11 twice in 2 yrs and I see it coming that you employees at DAL will get shafted just like the rest of us. Second of all I am not an ass. may be you are or your arent but the bottom line is that MGMT WILL GET THE PENSIONS TAKEN AWAY from you the employees not themselves. That is a guarrantee! Dont count on having a pension. My dad was with DAL for 32 yrs, just 2 wks shy of his 33rd and he retired Dec 2001 as a Station Mngr but he now feels he aint going to get anything. SAD. So think twice before you callme an ass.

robbedagain said:
First of all, I have been with an airline who went ch11 twice in 2 yrs and I see it coming that you employees at DAL will get shafted just like the rest of us. Second of all I am not an ass. may be you are or your arent but the bottom line is that MGMT WILL GET THE PENSIONS TAKEN AWAY from you the employees not themselves. That is a guarrantee! Dont count on having a pension. My dad was with DAL for 32 yrs, just 2 wks shy of his 33rd and he retired Dec 2001 as a Station Mngr but he now feels he aint going to get anything. SAD. So think twice before you callme an ass.
[post="301010"][/post]​
You completely sidestep the fact that you will it that mgmnt is not successful at restructuring, in that you wish them bad luck. Any company, I don't care which one, must have a management team, and hopefully they do well to run a business that benefits customers, employees and society. So, therefore, you are the ass.

Back