Delta Labor Relations thread.

I’ve been union and at-will both. I can successfully navigate either. I prefer the former because it’s much more consistent, and brings a lot of balance/accountability back into the mix. We don’t have that now.

The idea that DL-or any carrier- would magically bring everyone to TOS is silly, and no ones even asking for it. If you meant eliminating the RR program, I don’t see that happening either, if for no other reason than there are employees here that like it.

Just another example of why/how a campaign here is worlds away from what it might look like anywhere else.

I’ve been union and at-will both. I can successfully navigate either. I prefer the former because it’s much more consistent, and brings a lot of balance/accountability back into the mix. We don’t have that now.

Saying you prefer the former is saying you prefer being in a Union. You should be saying that with much more fervor and enthusiasm. IMO stop focusing on anything negative out there and zero in on all the positives instead. There’s always going to be a mixture of both anyway.

The idea that DL-or any carrier- would magically bring everyone to TOS is silly, and no ones even asking for it. If you meant eliminating the RR program, I don’t see that happening either, if for no other reason than there are employees here that like it.

You can get rid of the RR and exchange that with benefitted PT or at least gain language where RR people will move up on a wage ladder and have benefits.

I can’t see anyone liking the program that much that they wouldn’t like more money.

Just another example of why/how a campaign here is worlds away from what it might look like anywhere else.

Ok I don’t quite get what you’re saying here? Then are you somewhat agreeing with that WorldTraveler posting?

“Worlds away” is a pretty strong comment after you wrote that there are many RR’s who like being RR’s.

I’ve been union and at-will both. I can successfully navigate either.

I wanted to come back to this because no you can’t successfully navigate either. You’re too smart to believe that lie.

If some Bean counter in Atlanta decides your job or city is to get the ax and they give you no options besides the Unemployment line then that’s it.

Without that enforceable Labor agreement to fall back on and take to Court if necessary even, you don’t have anything.

You know that.

You can get rid of the RR and exchange that with benefitted PT or at least gain language where RR people will move up on a wage ladder and have benefits.

They've changed that, and RR's now have a wage progression here. It's hour-based, as opposed to years-of-service, but it's a good start.

Ok I don’t quite get what you’re saying here? Then are you somewhat agreeing with that WorldTraveler posting?

“Worlds away” is a pretty strong comment after you wrote that there are many RR’s who like being RR’s.

You not getting what I'm saying is kind of my point. My point is, what works here, and what people may (or may not) like can seem completely alien to someone at another carrier. And yeah, there are people that prefer being RR. They may have benefits elsewhere, and are here for pass travel, for flexibilty, or any number of other reasons. It is what it is.

DL may decide to close my station. Or they may not. So be it. I can't control that, so I focus on what I can control.

They've changed that, and RR's now have a wage progression here. It's hour-based, as opposed to years-of-service, but it's a good start.

I recall reading that on your Group page. I think I also recall that with the hour based system it could take 38 years to reach TOS.

We have 100% of our Mainline group reaching that mark in 12 years. 100%

You not getting what I'm saying is kind of my point. My point is, what works here, and what people may (or may not) like can seem completely alien to someone at another carrier. And yeah, there are people that prefer being RR. They may have benefits elsewhere, and are here for pass travel, for flexibilty, or any number of other reasons. It is what it is.

I’m sure there are plenty of people who love working for your Airline. Personally I’m not into the Cult-ture Rah Rah ideology myself but as long as they can’t force me (They can force you) to be a participant, who am I to argue.

DL may decide to close my station. Or they may not. So be it. I can't control that, so I focus on what I can control.

That’s exactly my point. What do you believe you have control over as an Employee without a Labor Agreement in a Right To Work State under an At Will status?

Your Employment is totally and completely up to the whim of your Employer. They can change that relationship any time they like without any repercussions.

You need to focus better.

I recall reading that on your Group page. I think I also recall that with the hour based system it could take 38 years to reach TOS.

Maybe, but a lot of people just got a sizable raise. Like I said, it’s a good start.

I’m sure there are plenty of people who love working for your Airline. Personally I’m not into the Cult-ture Rah Rah ideology myself but as long as they can’t force me (They can force you) to be a participant, who am I to argue.

I’m not even talking about the “hurray for everything!” crowd. That’s something else entirely.

That’s exactly my point. What do you believe you have control over as an Employee without a Labor Agreement in a Right To Work State under an At Will status?

Plenty. Can’t live in fear all the time.

Maybe, but a lot of people just got a sizable raise. Like I said, it’s a good start.

I would thank the IAM for putting on the pressure personally. IMO.

I’m not even talking about the “hurray for everything!” crowd. That’s something else entirely.

Those types make me wince frankly. We have plenty of them over here with or without the fact they don’t have to be so syrupy.

Plenty. Can’t live in fear all the time.

Don’t have to be fearful because that emotion isn’t going to do anything for you any more than being fearless could in the end anyway if the Bean counters focus in.

It’s the Bean counters in the background who move the Chess pieces off the board.

If some Bean counter in Atlanta decides your job or city is to get the ax and they give you no options besides the Unemployment line then that’s it.

And someone at HDQ1 theoretically could decide to terminate non-contractual perk standby travel privileges for the fleet service classification but we know that won't happen.

If DL closes MSN (unlikely they will) people will have the option to go to other points in the network.

Stop with the fear mongering. Kev has come a long way and is increasingly rational, less idealistic trying to hold onto the PMNW culture of divisiveness and beholden to the IAM.

Josh

And someone at HDQ1 theoretically could decide to terminate non-contractual perk standby travel privileges for the fleet service classification but we know that won't happen.

If you’re talking about AA they can do both that and take away our CS Privleges and Profit Sharing tomorrow as well if they want.

I don’t know anything won’t happen. I suspect the odds are very slim though.

If DL closes MSN (unlikely they will) people will have the option to go to other points in the network.

Ironic how you say that it’s unlikely at Delta and yet you constantly mention the 3 Stations you believe they can shutter right now at AA. SAT, STL and SJU. (Unlikely they will there either?)

I don’t know anything won’t happen. I suspect the odds are very slim though.

Stop with the fear mongering. Kev has come a long way and is increasingly rational, less idealistic trying to hold onto the PMNW culture of divisiveness and beholden to the IAM.

Who’s fear mongering 737823767FOKER100?

So you’re saying IYO that Kev has expanded his horizons and opened his mind to possibilities? Aren’t you kind to give him such a high grade.

I don’t know anything won’t happen. I suspect the odds are very slim though? (Question mark)

Mary

“Kev has come a long way and is increasingly rational, less idealistic trying to hold onto the PMNW culture of divisiveness and beholden to the IAM”

Josh

In other words Kev. You have been Cult-tured.

Recording of a Peaceful Summer night In Georgia.

Last edited:
Fun fact: All the monitors in our break rooms are now using your NC's inability to land a JCBA as part of their anti-union messaging.

Smart move. That’s exactly what I would do in their shoes.

Currently playing everywhere:

I actually have to give them credit as the video is very good. Surprised though they left out that we never even got to vote on the Association and they could have said AA needed to ask the Association if they could give us a raise cause they felt sorry for us.

BTW sorry we can’t do OUR Negotiations on a timeframe that works better for you guys.

Fun fact: All the monitors in our break rooms are now using your NC's inability to land a JCBA as part of their anti-union messaging.
The part where AA and IAM/TWU asso. is in a tug of war, should have had another one with the IAM and TWU in a tug of war as both sides are fighting for what's in each of their contracts and let's not forget the changing at the helm of who is in charge every year or is it 2 years, I forget.
Hey Kev sending you a PM...

Reactions: Kev3188