Delta negotiating major SEA gate expansion

WorldTraveler said:
for you to try to argue otherwise shows, no confirms, how little you understand how about your employer manages to generate billions of dollars in profits that support you.
...Or that I believe what they tell us. Should I stop doing that?

Reactions: 2 people
DL never said they chose EWR for operational reasons at the expense of marketing reasons.

never.

and DL won't do it.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
DL never said they chose EWR for operational reasons at the expense of marketing reasons.never.and DL won't do it.
And an almost 10 year early out retiree would know the inner workings of how, why and where DL introduces a new fleet type.

yes, I do.

and the overarching principle in everything DL does is that revenue generation comes first.

DL doesn't put an airplane on a route because it makes anyone's operational life easy.

any one that is remotely connected with DL's operation knows that DL throws the operating groups as much complexity as they can get by with in order to maximize revenues first and reduce costs second.

and they succeed.

there is nothing anywhere that says that DL introduced the 717 on ATL-EWR at the expense of the right revenue decision.

none.

Actually no you dont, you had zero input or knowledge of why the people who do made the decisions they did.

WorldTraveler said:
bullcrap.

DL didn't put 717s on ATL-EWR because it was a good place to train crews.

they put 717s into EWR because the plane fit the market profile at the time.

DL pulled back on Japan-beach market capacity because they recognize that in order to push yields up, you reduce capacity.

I'm sure you also wouldn't get it but DL was one of the few airlines that flies Japan to the beach markets that didn't see its yields decline in the last quarter. And DL's yields between the US and Japan are also not falling while other carriers' still are.

it is always a risk when a market leader chooses to cut capacity. AA did it on JFK-LAX and DL added capacity.

JL has actually added beach market capacity - and their yields went down but their total revenue went up. They are comfortable that they can increase their revenue via beach markets.

JL is watching its value as a connecting airline at NRT fall so they have to grow revenue someplace. DL has a lot of options as to where to deploy aircraft. DL thinks it can do better with its aircraft than to throw that capacity back into Japan-Hawaii.

whether you understand it or not - and you clearly don't - DL is making profit maximizing decisions that allow it pull capacity from the market, push up yields, and still maintain market dominance.
hey champ if you want to tell Delta management they are full of bull crap you can get right on it. It has been in friggin memos that is EXACTLY why DTW/ATL-EWR went all 717. 

Come home Leo. Your a has been..... all your doing now is showing active employees you don't know what your talking about. (You didn't when you, Fred and the stupid chick were running the company either FWIW)  

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
and they could have done the same thing to umpteen other cities.

DL chose ATL-EWR for market reasons.

period.

for you to try to argue otherwise shows, no confirms, how little you understand how about your employer manages to generate billions of dollars in profits that support you.

DL makes solid business decisions based on profits; the operation repeatedly has to adapt to the needs of marketing. introduction of a new fleet type is no different
Such as where? Why don't you give us a list of line stations with-in two hours of both ATL and DTW. (and of course a station that can handle all mainline on all flights from ATL and DTW). 

Kev3188 said:
I seem to recall that being  exactly why that was the first place the 717 flew in revenue service...

it is. I mean, management could have been wrong. You know Leo does know more about everything than anyone else. 

DL didn't have all mainline on all flights to DTW as well as ATL.

there are dozens of cities that COULD HAVE had 717s... and ORD is also a heavy 717 city.

but your point is still wrong that DL chose EWR for operational reasons at the expense of what made sense for the market.

and, for someone who is supposedly involved in the operation, you should be the first one who knows how complicated DL's operation is - all in the name of maximizing revenue and reducing costs. few other airlines complicate their schedules as much as DL does - aircraft types, frequencies etc -and expects the operating groups to make it all work.

DL chose ATL-EWR because it made sense from a revenue perspective first.

to believe otherwise is just childish and ignorant.

where did you EVER come up with a statement like that?

DL is larger in LAX than it has been in decades in terms of seats, flights, and revenue even when considering the NW merger and what they brought to the table.

further, DL is closer in size to AA and UA than it has ever been.

on top of LAX, DL is far larger on the west coast as a whole, largely because DL has grown SEA more than DL or NW ever had there or in PDX.

you do realize that DL is expecting to surpass AS in local SEA revenue boarded by the 3rd quarter - for which DOT stats aren't available yet?

for the 2nd quarter, which was just weeks into DL's domestic expansion as well as the addition of SEA-HKG and SEA-ICN, DL was already at 74%.

so, AS may move a whole lot more passengers but DL moves a whole lot more revenue per flight... which is precisely why SEA is very likely to move heaven and earth - and a few airlines and buildings to boot - in order to accommodate DL's desires to grow at SEA.

as for LAX, feel free to call AA the king but there are two queens that pop testosterone and are planning a coup.

WorldTraveler said:
as for LAX, feel free to call AA the king but there are two queens that pop testosterone and are planning a coup.
That is arguably one of the strangest things I have ever read on here...

tumblr_lgacz1XHi01qcvruv.jpg

you still keep me laughing.. glad I can do the same.

yeah, the queens (DL and UA) didn't get the memo that they are to stay out of the gym and submit to the king.

tell us in a few years how successful "the king" has been in forcing his 'queens' to fall into line.

WorldTraveler said:
no, I answered the question.
No, you really didn't.

For August 2014, JP->HNL/ITO/KOA/GUM accounted for ~165K pax across all airlines.

For August 2014, JP-> was ~285K pax.

Carried across the year, the Beach accounts for 50% of all JP-US traffic.

WorldTraveler said:
Hawaii and Guam doesn't change the reality that AA/JL combined carries less than 1/2 of what DL carries in the US-Japan market and DL is NOT losing its share of the US-Japan local market while it restructures the Pacific to move connections over NRT to nonstops from the US
If you say so, Skippy. But, you constantly push the "DL has a larger share of JP originating traffic than anyone else" meme. The 50% stat shows why that's the case.

Latest posts