Delta negotiating major SEA gate expansion

• Banned
except, as usual, you jump to conclusions that aren't even close to based on the data.

first, there are much higher degrees of seasonality to/from beach markets than there are to the continental US

second, there is much more connecting traffic on US mainland to Japan flights that have nothing to do with Japan while beach market traffic has much higher levels of local Japan traffic.

and third, you like a whole lot of other people use traffic data instead of local market (O&D) data.

and yes DL's share of the US - JAPAN local market is the highest for both the beach markets and the continental US.

BTW, Guam is not a US state even though it is considered beach market.

feel free to run down a bunny path regarding GUM and even beach market traffic but there is ZERO chance of DL flying SEA to GUM/Micronesia. and, yes, I know that UA has a GUM hub which is connected to more cities than DL serves.

I'm well aware of the seasonality. That's why I did an entire year's data for comparison.

50% for the year, 57% for August.

BTW, I'm using O&D data. Not traffic. Sorry to burst your self-important bubble this early in the day...

eolesen said:
For August 2014, JP->HNL/ITO/KOA/GUM accounted for ~165K pax across all airlines.

For August 2014, JP-> was ~285K pax.

Carried across the year, the Beach accounts for 50% of all JP-US traffic.

WorldTraveler said:

you like a whole lot of other people use traffic data instead of local market (O&D) data.
eolesen said:
BTW, I'm using O&D data. Not traffic. Sorry to burst your self-important bubble this early in the day...

yjgss.jpg

• Banned
no, E pulled a few stats out of his backside that not only make no sense but are nowhere close to reality.

I'm well aware of the seasonality. That's why I did an entire year's data for comparison.

50% for the year, 57% for August.

you're going to have to post your stats because they aren't anywhere close to being accurate.

DL, the largest carrier from the US to Japan and from Hawaii to Japan only carries 30% of its O&D US-Japan traffic to/from Hawaii.

Only 8% of UA's US-Japan traffic is to/from Hawaii.

DL and UA are the 1st and largest carriers between the US and Japan by a very wide margin.

Hawaii carries only 20% of the Ô&D from Hawaii to Japan than DL carries across its entire US-Japan network even though 95% of HA's US t Japan traffic is to/from Hawaii.

we could go thru the Japanese carriers but the trend is equally true.

it doesn't even come close to the sniff test - unless you have spent too much time sniffing glue or coke - to say that 1/2 of US to Japan O&D traffic is to Hawaii.

and it isn't.

Hawaii accounts for 26% of US-Japan O&D traffic.

again, it's a good thing that you aren't a consultant anywhere. It's not hard to see why.

its truly amazing to see how you manipulate    E shows data  you say half arse data    You show your data and expect all of us to believe it    Well got news for you    E data is helluva lot better than yours and it shows    You are just a typical mgmt. stooge who thinks is right always no matter what

• Banned
you don't have the slightest clue about anything being discussed here, robbed. to use E's language, why don't you shut your pie hole and stay out of a conversation about which you are clearly clueless?

E posted what he thought was data but it doesn't come close to making the least bit of sense that Hawaii accounts for half of all US-Japan traffic, esp. since it is almost entirely Asia originating.

Further, EVERY ONE Of the airlines that flies Tokyo (either HND or NRT) to Hawaii - the largest route from Hawaii to Japan - connects 20% or more of their traffic at Japan to elsewhere in Asia.

further, even if you look ONLY at capacity - seats flown - between the US and Japan - Hawaii only accounts for 25%.

it is not only logically but also mathematically impossible for Hawaii to account for half of US-Japan traffic - which is exactly why it isn't.

it is ONE-FOURTH.

but since E told us not long ago that a couple percent difference didn't matter even though it amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars per year - it is clear he has no concept for the numbers he talks about.

It's no wonder why he is no longer a consultant.

I'm no longer a consultant because being away from my family for 100+ days a year gets old after eight years, and I chose to place family before ego and title. it doesn't change the nature of the work or analysis I do, however. All that's really changed for me is who generates my paycheck and my email address.

I had little doubt you'd try to debunk my data. It's not out of my backside. It's from industry recognized sources. Feel free to post something to refute it other than your opinions...

• Banned
doesn't matter where it came from.

it's wrong.

I posted more than enough data to show that the largest US-Japan carriers carry nowhere near 50% of their O&D traffic just to Hawaii.

and even the Japanese carriers rely on non-Japanese Asia-Hawaii traffic.

Since international data isn't available from the DOT, you really have nothing to refute it with, Skippy.

wt  if anyone's to shut their pie hole its you and you only   you are one true arrogant pos mgmt. stooge   nowonder dl paid you to leave     you must of been one lousy mgmt.   which doesn't surprise me one bit  

given that E has worked in that area  I would take his word over yours anyday

• Banned
eolesen said:
Since international data isn't available from the DOT, you really have nothing to refute it with, Skippy.
yes, int'l data most certainly is available for the 2nd quarter.

no O&D data is available beyond that but 2nd quarter data most certainly is available.

robbed,
your ignorance is just stunning.

E has NEVER worked in network or revenue mgmt.

the fact that you turn discussions of fact into a game of favorites is precisely why you get labeled the way you do.

E is wrong. it is simply incorrect to say that half of US-Japan traffic is to/from Hawaii.

youre the ignorant one    E posts a hell of lot more facts than you will ever admit in your life time    just cuz you were in mgmt. don't make you an expert in every dam thing    yet you act like you are      its a nowonder youre not well received around here     

WorldTraveler said:
E is wrong. it is simply incorrect to say that half of US-Japan traffic is to/from Hawaii.
Apparently you like misquoting. I said JP-US. There's a directional difference.

• Banned
no, I didn't misquote.

you just never bothered to mention directionality before.

and yes there actually is a US mainland to Japan market but virtually no Hawaii to Japan (directional)

Back