Delta negotiating major SEA gate expansion

WorldTraveler said:
DL not only on a systemwide basis provides a level of service that is the best competition that AS could have but DL matches or exceeds AS' level of service at SEA.

The only stat that the DOT reports on an airport specific basis is on-time and on that basis, DL has exceeded AS' SEA on-time for several months.

It never ceases to amaze me how you always tend to make wild statements, draw outlandish conclusions without EVER showing any data to support them. 

DL runs a great operation, but you make it sound like they run circles around AS (or any airline for that matter).

For example, have a look at this:  http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer/september-2014-air-travel-consumer-report

For July 2014 DL had an on-time rating of 86.3% whereas AS was 84.1%.  DL wins.
However, for the 12 months ending in 2014, AS had a 87.2% ranking compared to  83.8% for DL.  Looks like DL does not win here.
Moreover, DL has 0.67 complaints /1000 pax compared to 0.44 for AS.  Exceeding the AS level of customer service?  Questionable.

Oh and you harp on AS's SEA-SFO chronically delayed flights, while ignoring the fact that for example, in July 2014, DL had 62 (0.009%) tarmac delays 2hr or longer compared to 5 for AS (0.003%).

Granted, my example is limited to 1 month, but I'm fairly confident that looking through other recent months (and perhaps over a couple years) the data would probably be comparable.

So yes, DL does run a good operation, but certainly does not run circles around AS.

I know you qualified your statement by saying "service at SEA" but that loophole isn't going to fool nobody (well maybe spectator), but I think others see right through your DL uber alles narrative.

There is your WholeTruth.

• Banned
the whole truth is that you cite SYSTEM statistics.

I cite SEA specific data where it is available - and it is for on-time and chronically delayed flights.

the DOT reports SEA specific OT.

this is not SEA specific

"However, for the 12 months ending in 2014, AS had a 87.2% ranking compared to 83.8% for DL."

robbedagain said:
baba   now with AS entered into BWI SEA market  do you foresee DL doing similar?  I do recall years ago FL had at least 1 or 2 nonstop to SEA but I don't think WN picked it up
I'm not familiar with that market.
however, I wouldn't be surprised if we see PHL/EWR to SEA at some point.
especially EWR where Delta has finally decided to bring on the fight to United's front door.

WorldTraveler said:
You worked in consulting OPERATIONAL areas... you don't have experience in network planning or revenue mgmt.
I'm quite impressed that you think you know where I've worked in the past 28 years better than I do, Skippy.

Not.

• Banned
Why can't you just admit that you know things that other people - including me - are willing to give you the green light to share and not try to inject yourself into discussions about which you clearly don't know what you are talking about?

a good place to start to get there is to deal with your fear that I might actually post something when you can't,because, like it or not, people are far more interested in discussing network issues on aviation chat forums than IT issues.

baba,
I would far rather see DL start another JFK-Asia flight or two than to try to raid UA's EWR hub with connections to SEA. DL does well carrying traffic from NYC, including EWR to DTW and on to Asia.

So, when did you work in Network Planning?  Or Labor Relations?  Or Corporate Real Estate?  Or Legal?  Or any number of other areas that you always seem to pretend to be an expert in?...

You can continue to claim that I'm just an IT guy, but most of my career has been spent working on the business side, not IT.  The fact I speak both languages fluently is why I've been successful at working in the industry, and why you're now sitting at your kitchen table wishing you were still back in Atlanta.

retirementdemotivator.jpg

• Banned
no, what you really want is to be able to dominate the board and have nobody challenge you.

you said it years ago in one of your petulant rages on this board.

If you know what you are talking about, it shows and it really doesn't matter where you have worked or not.

FWAAA is more accurate in his use of network related data than you are and so far as I know he hasn't ever worked in an airline network capacity or worked in airline consulting.

You've said so many factually incorrect statements just in this conversation about Asia that it is obvious you don't have the right data and/or don't know what you are looking at.

and none of it ultimately will affect DL's plans to expand at SEA and to move its CONNECTING traffic away from NRT while retaining its local market presence at Japan, even if Japan will be a less valuable market for ALL carriers because of the yen devaluation

You must have me confused with one of your multiple personalities.

These boards are entertainment for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only person interested in domination of any sort seems to be you.

It's borne out in your post count, your immediate responses, and apparent need to have the last word on any given topic.

And, it's borne out in your reputation score... ;)

• Banned
see. here we go with your rant on domination and reputation scores.

guess what? if I cared about my reputation score, we'd be in a whole different ball game.

I'm just trying to understand how you can come to the conclusion that the US Japan market is 50% beach traffic.

and specific to this discussion, what difference does it make?

I could care less what you have done, know, or don't know.

I do care about discussing business issues regarding the industry.

You have yet to demonstrate that you know what you are talking about regarding the US-Japan issue or DL's TPAC restructuring.

good news is you are not alone.

the difference is that others don't try to tell us that they are/were consultants in the area

• Banned
meanwhile, DL is adding new flights to SEA, including more Alaska plus DEN

Delta's new service will include:
•Five daily flights to Denver, beginning June 4*
•Four daily flights to Sacramento, Calif., beginning May 4* **
•Four daily flights to Boise, Idaho, beginning May 4**
•One seasonal daily flight to Ketchikan, Alaska beginning May 15**
•One seasonal daily flight to Sitka, Alaska beginning May 15**

*Flight operated by Delta Connection carrier Compass Airlines
**Flight operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest Airlines

Delta will also increase its number of daily flights from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska; Atlanta; Calgary, Alberta; Detroit; Los Angeles; San Francisco and Salt Lake City.

"Delta currently operates 80 peak-day departures to 25 destinations from Seattle and will increase to 93 peak-day departures to 32 destinations in December. By next summer, Delta will offer 120 peak-day departures to 35 destinations."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-adds-denver-boise-sacramento-170000179.html

meanwhile, DL is adding new flights to SEA, including more Alaska plus DEN

So How Many of theses New flights will be operated by Delta?  ...  Oh just reread the release, they are ALL Delta Connection Flights, never mind 

• Banned
feel free to let us know which RJs will be flying to ATL.

you may also have forgotten - or bothered to ignore - that DL started LAX with RJs. It's at 4 flights per day and DL says there will be more flights... somehow I bet it won't be on RJs.

ANC? hasn't ever been an RJ market.... and doubtful the additional flights will be either.

the new markets will be large RJs. at least some of the additional service in existing markets will be mainline.

and let's not forget that AS has regional carrier operations as well.

• Banned
including the flights which have already been loaded for sale (not today's announcements), DL will offer 13% more seats in the summer of 2015 than they did this summer.

JNU is for sale again and ANC is up to 4.

JNU shows a 737-800 right now.

Latest posts

Back