Delta, pilots reach contract deal early

No, I'm not throwing another dig.

Uh, yeah you did. You mentioned a "truckload" of hypocrisy (paraphrasing).

All of us have very positive points and all of us have areas that need to be improved. We can focus on the failures of the past -including what we have experienced with other people - or we can focus on the potential to improve and build something new.

Great. Help the board "move on," and show us where E posted what you've accused him of. Help the board "move on," by ridding this site of slander & spurious accusations.

to be fair, you have feared for your job since before the merger was ever consummated. I can promise you nothing but I can assure you that worrying about when the axe will fall does nothing to help you enjoy life.

I don't "fear" it; I'm planning on it, based on DL's track record of staffing stations.

That's WT's way -- everyone else is accountable, he's not. Everyone else needs to prove their qualifications and provide backup to a statement, while he posts anonymously from a secret bunker south of Sao Paolo.

It's easy to try and walk away from a fight you start. Tim's obviously mad that the forum software upgrade revealed his secret user profile he was using to inflate his user reputation score, and somehow it's my fault he got caught doing so.

In short, he's pissed he was held accountable by others for his actions.

His attempt at "Wag The Dog" is sad yet predictable.

Tim thinks that others have "stepped away from the fray" but that would be a wrong assumption. There's just not much more left to do in proving he's a liar.

oblivious.jpg

Sad but true. Disappointing, really.

If you don't like what DL is offering look elsewhere. Isn't WN hiring and they are a strongly union airline. Won't there also be an election soon at DL once the IAM waits two years? They'll be back down the workers throats at the first opportunity.

Josh

Not interested in working at WN, thank you.

There is no 2 year limit. It's one year (with the clock starting the day of the original vote results). Organization for the ramp has been building up again for awhile now.

and the 717 deal is finally announced....
http://finance.yahoo...-161500580.html

pending ratification of the pilot contract.

Key words being that last sentence. A masterstroke of DL to put this out the way they did. Anderson used to loathe negotiating in the press. Guess that's changed now?

Also announced today: Changes to profit sharing (from 15% down to 10% for anything under 2.5B), and an alleged pay increase instead coming in 1/13. No specifics on an amount...

Base pay will make up plus be above for profit sharing going from 15- 10% Still 20% if over 2.5B
Your getting a base rate raise from what you have been making at NW and now what your presently making at DELTA.

Baba--

How is it you know it'll cover the difference- or even that'll come to pass? There were no specifics mentioned in the email I received. Did IFS get a different one?

FWIW, I prefer to have the "profit sharing difference" spread out over our hourly pay...

The following was in the email sent out to all:
"base pay that will be designed both to RECOGNIZE The upcoming change in the profit sharing program (see below) and to accelerate the planned 2013 pay increase"

Assuming this comes to pass? Seriously? Didn't you say that last year when they announced a base increase?
You were very skeptical then about them following through.
A base increase if far better than 15% to 10% of a POSSIBLE payout As they stated the increase will recognize the change
in the profit sharing. Have patience they will announce exact % increases soon.
After years of "strife" it must be hard to believe that management will actually follow through. But you work
for Delta now. They do.

Yep, I did say that. It's hasn't occurred yet, either. What's stopping them from not implementing it? Nothing.

Maybe you missed where I wrote that I prefer the hourly increase, but again, who knows if it will cover the 33% cut in profit sharing?

Nothing is stopping them, but WHY would they? Why would they NOT follow through?
When have they announced an increase just to pull back? Oh we made a mistake? no
Must be hard to operate when the sky always seems to be falling. Also 33% of what dollar amount?

The majority of people - including unions - have said they don't like the idea of variable or performance based pay.

I have a feeling that alot of people will find that the performance based pay formula would have yielded more than a few percent increase - but DL is doing for non-contract people what it is doing for the pilots... increasing base pay by reducing profit sharing.

Nothing is stopping them, but WHY would they? Why would they NOT follow through?
When have they announced an increase just to pull back? Oh we made a mistake? no
Must be hard to operate when the sky always seems to be falling. Also 33% of what dollar amount?

They don't need a reason...

Not being afraid to speak truth to power doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Well it seems that all the experts have spoken on the 717 issue. It has been the worst keeped secret for quit some time. Look for the all glass mod to the 88's and 90's. That will make them all simular for training.Then look for common catigory. Now where are there more 717's? Makes you want to think about that.That is why they need a short term contract in place not for the AT 717's.

Always glad when you drop in, Meto. And yes we need a pilot perspective here.

Can you unpack your last sentence above?

thanks... I agree that DL is not thru w/ consolidation and the fact that DL is strategically in a position to be able to move makes it all the more likely they will.... of course assuming the pilot contract is approved.

What are your thoughts on the implications of the TA for DL - and for you as a DL pilot?

Back