DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
yes, it is likely that DL employees will gain even more raises while their peers at other airlines are locked into long-term contracts that don't include profit sharing.
We both know was about you being in a cornfield

Reactions: 4 people
wherever in the world I was traveling doesn't change one iota that DL non-contract employees have racked up the largest increase in compensation this year among their peers at US airlines.

DL employees still have profit sharing that should be on par with what WN employees get on a percentage basis while passing them in at least some cases as the highest paid airline employees in the US.

DL people are running an outstanding operation and the company is rewarding them richly for the success of the airline.

DL employees, their customers, everyone in the Delta family, and the company ALL win.

It is hard to find anyone that can successfully argue against that.

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
wherever in the world I was traveling doesn't change one iota that DL non-contract employees have racked up the largest increase in compensation this year among their peers at US airlines.DL employees still have profit sharing that should be on par with what WN employees get on a percentage basis while passing them in at least some cases as the highest paid airline employees in the US.DL people are running an outstanding operation and the company is rewarding them richly for the success of the airline.DL employees, their customers, everyone in the Delta family, and the company ALL win.It is hard to find anyone that can successfully argue against that.
I could not be happier for my counterparts at DL !!!! Your status while traveling stated the group you were in was cornfield!!

Reactions: 3 people
diamondcutter said:
I could not be happier for my counterparts at DL !!!!
High fives for DL employees in lots of places.

there are even some of them that work near the cornfields and cornfields aren't just a US concept.

diamondcutter said:
We both know was about you being in a cornfield
Is anyone sure he's not a BOT? Maybe some computer algorithm that posts off triggers and has a set of words that jumble around to produce responses?

Lucky777 said:
This is nothing new to the frontline folks at Delta. This was merely Delta responding to the employees wishes to have less of their pay tied to to the once-a-year, highly variable payout in February we call profit-sharing. This was one of the areas that the company asked employees for their opinions on in the annual survey.... It's not as if profit-sharing is going the way of the dodo bird at Delta as is the case with AA.... 10% is still quite sizable after all. This of course says nothing of the 401k enhancement of which hopefully everyone takes advantage of. How's that old saying about one in the hand being better than 2 in the bush?
Sounds like Delta gave the employees a voice. Yes I agree the weekly pay increase is better than a profit sharing check. But in this case they received a 14% increase in pay and a reasonable reduction in Profit Sharing. Profit Sharing remains, a substantial increase in pay and a improvement in the 401K match. Who can reasonably argue this point?

Reactions: 1 person
1AA said:
Sounds like Delta gave the employees a voice. Yes I agree the weekly pay increase is better than a profit sharing check. But in this case they received a 14% increase in pay and a reasonable reduction in Profit Sharing. Profit Sharing remains, a substantial increase in pay and a improvement in the 401K match. Who can reasonably argue this point?

That would be the IAM howling monkeys who are in full blown meltdown over this.

2nasjsz.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
townpete said:
That would be the IAM howling monkeys who are in full blown meltdown over this.

2nasjsz.jpg
Would you mind sharing the details of your "employment contract" with your current employer?

I'm considering a transition but I would need to know what the employers "legally binding" terms would be to protect my livelihood.

Wouldn't want to risk being left out in the cold by some overzealous individual who is against my naturally outspoken nature.

WeAAsles said:
Would you mind sharing the details of your "employment contract" with your current employer?

I'm considering a transition but I would need to know what the employers "legally binding" terms would be to protect my livelihood.

Wouldn't want to risk being left out in the cold by some overzealous individual who is against my naturally outspoken nature.
DL's "Terms of Employment"

#1 Show Up on Time for work.
#2 Work as a team.
#3 No sleeping on the clock.

And in exchange for close to $60,000 a year.

Reactions: 4 people
bob@las-AA said:
DL's "Terms of Employment"

#1 Show Up on Time for work.
#2 Work as a team.
#3 No sleeping on the clock.

And in exchange for close to $60,000 a year.

And in exchange please don't vote in that nasty Union that's nipping at our heels so we can continue to weed you out through attrition or other means.

Future or now in ACS (Fleet) 25% FT 25% PT 50% Ready Reserve.

I wonder what the crystal ball will show on that one in 10 to 15 years?

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:

Don't have a contract. 

Still got 14.5%

vokIVgBJYpkl2.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.