DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
townpete said:
Don't have a contract. 

Still got 14.5%

vokIVgBJYpkl2.gif
How old are you again? Ah doesn't matter.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
And in exchange please don't vote in that nasty Union that's nipping at our heels so we can continue to weed you out through attrition or other means.
Future or now in ACS (Fleet) 25% FT 25% PT 50% Ready Reserve.
I wonder what the crystal ball will show on that one in 10 to 15 years?
Attrition of course, that's pretty much the way of the world. Would you be so kind as to define "other means" a bit more though? If i didn't know any better I'd think you were trying to scare people with such a cryptic comment. I mean, unless I've been asleep at the wheel, I don't recall any time of mass firings or layoffs at Delta in the past couple of decades at least.... 7.5 in the mid 1990's being the most recent. Of course there were the packages offered after 9/11 but even then I'm fairly certain Delta didn't simply let people go en masse.

Lucky777 said:
Attrition of course, that's pretty much the way of the world. Would you be so kind as to define "other means" a bit more though? If i didn't know any better I'd think you were trying to scare people with such a cryptic comment. I mean, unless I've been asleep at the wheel, I don't recall any time of mass firings or layoffs at Delta in the past couple of decades at least.... 7.5 in the mid 1990's being the most recent. Of course there were the packages offered after 9/11 but even then I'm fairly certain Delta didn't simply let people go en masse.
Im repeating myself, when DL got rid of Cabin service the employees were absorbed into the ramp. Whem US got rid of the IAM utility they were shown the street

Lucky777 said:
Amen!!! What amazes me is that such a positive thing can be turned into a huge pissing match on here. And when I say positive, I'm not only speaking of Delta. This announcement has raised the bar for everyone else as well. Simply the mere fact that we're no longer going backwards and are actually taking huge steps forward as an industry should be enough for most people but it certainly doesn't appear to be that way on here.
The problem here is the pro union peeps are actually pissed DL did this without the input of a union!

And like you referred to, those same pro union peeps should rejoicing, as this raises the bar for everyone in the industry and you would think extra cash in their wallet would be a plus but, nope!

One last thing, sick and tired of a particular pro union person here changing his tune to fit his agenda.
1 month ago he was singing to his brethren, " We don't want unguaranteed profit sharing, we want to see it in our weekly paycheck, now his his tired old song says, " Your getting a raise in lieu of profit sharing" which is total bullsh!t!
Make up your mind and stick to it.......700!

topDawg said:
Man it is all about money with you. 

Okay question, so if the main reason people on say the ramp want the IAM is scope and insurance.......WTF does this pay raise have to do with it? 

So again, show us some data that says the main reason the FA and ACS want a union is pay. 

Dude, take whatever I say however you want! I completely understand a job is about more than just a paycheck, but that STILL doesn't change the fact, the IAM took a huge kick in the nuts....period!

OK.....try this one. Did DL's announcement
A. Help the union drive
or
B. Hurt the union drive

A simple a or b answer would suffice.

Lucky777 said:
This is nothing new to the frontline folks at Delta. This was merely Delta responding to the employees wishes to have less of their pay tied to to the once-a-year, highly variable payout in February we call profit-sharing. This was one of the areas that the company asked employees for their opinions on in the annual survey.... It's not as if profit-sharing is going the way of the dodo bird at Delta as is the case with AA.... 10% is still quite sizable after all. This of course says nothing of the 401k enhancement of which hopefully everyone takes advantage of. How's that old saying about one in the hand being better than 2 in the bush?
Does anyone know what percentage of PS unionized employees at other carriers get?
I would imagine all unionized employees get PS....don't they?

southwind said:
Dude, take whatever I say however you want! I completely understand a job is about more than just a paycheck, but that STILL doesn't change the fact, the IAM took a huge kick in the nuts....period!

OK.....try this one. Did DL's announcement
A. Help the union drive
or
B. Hurt the union drive

A simple a or b answer would suffice.
Southwind  why dont you just laugh all the way to the bank?

Reactions: 3 people
southwind said:
Does anyone know what percentage of PS unionized employees at other carriers get?
I would imagine all unionized employees get PS....don't they?

Nope, they do not....Imagine that!

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
Would you be so kind as to define "mass layoff?" I'll bet some people in MEM are curious...
They shouldn't be.... Delta quite clearly spelled everything out with regards to MEM in black and white when they announced the Memphis de-hubbing. Nonetheless, of the 230 or so people who were affected by this were offered positions at other locations across the system. There was also a voluntary 55-point retirement package for these employees as well along with a furlough with severance pay if they so chose. No mention of any "mass layoff" that I can recall but feel free to correct me if you're privy to facts I'm not.

Reactions: 2 people
wrong pete   CWA folks at LUS get PS and theyre in the union  yes union   they've made out pretty darn good in past few yrs with PS    but the down side is they do not have a retirement or 401k

I think the new rates that the regular status ACS people will get is fantastic, tremendous, extraordinary, well deserved, shocking, awe inspiring and mind blowing.

Yet I still wouldn't exchange my "EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT" for it.

If the winds blow NOTHING further into my hands I'll still just happily chug along. The tortoise won the race, not the hare.

"Why why why do you persist Mr Anderson"

Lucky777 said:
They shouldn't be.... Delta quite clearly spelled everything out with regards to MEM in black and white when they announced the Memphis de-hubbing. Nonetheless, of the 230 or so people who were affected by this were offered positions at other locations across the system. There was also a voluntary 55-point retirement package for these employees as well along with a furlough with severance pay if they so chose. No mention of any "mass layoff" that I can recall but feel free to correct me if you're privy to facts I'm not.
The tortoise won the race, not the hare. Weed em out slowly. One at a time. Slow death.

The future is bleak for Mr New kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts