DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

You are correct, US used chpt. 11 to negotiate with the IAM and other unions on the property concessions. 

However, why would a union ever negotiate concessions is what bothers me.  To have the judge impose the concessions is one thing, but for the union to actually agree to concessions with the company and then have the judge basically rubber stamp it - that is something that I would be very upset with if I were a union member. 

Yes I know, all the unions at all airlines did it (negotiate concessions), but you have to ask yourself why would a union ever agree do that?
Because Section 1113 C of the bankruptcy code FORCES a union to negotiate or face an abrogation, where the company can impose a final offer.

For example in the 2004/2005 bankruptcy we never reached an agreement for M&R and our CBA was abrogated.

Forced concessions are ALWAYS worse than negotiated ones.

Albert if you were around in 1992 what did US do to your workgroup?

And lets compare what they did to you as a non-union ramper to me at the time a unionized Utility Worker.

sorry to burst your bubbles there but 700 nor anyone has sugar coated me    What happen to them was horrible and I feel bad but in the mid 2000s remember how CH11 round 2 hammered something like 35 cities across the system.   Now that its 2015  and for the past yrs this airline making money over money the 2014 contract protects all the current cities      sorry you feel the way you feel but having been on both sides of the fence  I rather be protected by a union than be in a non union company like DL and not have much of a say in what goes on.     I rather have a contract with a strong scope clause   a contract with guaranteed wage increases  etc

700UW said:

And lets compare what they did to you as a non-union ramper to me at the time a unionized Utility Worker.
So.... now your a unionized stock-boy. And the unrepresented ramp/utility makes more than you.

Man are you that obtuse?

AA and US fleet make the same wage.

US topped out makes $24.39 an hour, AA topped out makes $24.09 plus longevity, for a total of $24.39, both CBAs were written so that PMUS fleet and PMAA fleet make the same.

READ YOUR CONTRACT!

bob@las-AA said:
So.... now your a unionized stock-boy.
A unionized Stock Clerk at AA and US makes more than you.

And I wont stoop to your level boob.
Go work for Eulen or DGS for $10 an hour, and let someone who actually cares about what their union negotiated enjoy the CBA.

DL is hiring Ready Reserve, go work for $12 an hour with no benefits, you will fit right in.

robbedagain said:
sorry to burst your bubbles there but 700 nor anyone has sugar coated me    What happen to them was horrible and I feel bad but in the mid 2000s remember how CH11 round 2 hammered something like 35 cities across the system.   Now that its 2015  and for the past yrs this airline making money over money the 2014 contract protects all the current cities      sorry you feel the way you feel but having been on both sides of the fence  I rather be protected by a union than be in a non union company like DL and not have much of a say in what goes on.     I rather have a contract with a strong scope clause   a contract with guaranteed wage increases  etc
None of this exists. The word guarantee can only be used in the context with death and taxes. Should I point out the last 3 suposed contracts, all of wich were voted in and all of then lost the language of love {$$$}

Reactions: 2 people
Lucky777 said:
And feel free to tell me how you come up with Delta only giving me a 2-4% raise depending on which pay scale i fell under.....FYI, if you're going to throw out a bunch of numbers to make a point then the least you could do is explain how you've come to that conclusion.
Those of us at TOS got 4%, those at the bottom or mid-table did not. I'm very happy they did it different this time around.

Albert said:
Vendors are also doing air freight,cleaning and de-icing  at US what's your point? Who does the deicing at DL? Kev can you help?
Depends on which station you're asking about... Some we still do ourselves, and some are farmed out, even though they have M/L ramp staff...

So is that your modus operandi, 700UW??? You knowingly put out lies about 40% of the ramp not getting raises, mass layoffs, and profit-sharing myths and when i call you out on it and put out black and white numbers to dispel your claim you simply choose to ignore them and move onto the next batch of numbers you seem to pull right out of thin air???

Reactions: 2 people
Why aren't they getting the 401k contribution?

And funny you didn't answer questions asked if you.

700UW said:
Man are you that obtuse?

AA and US fleet make the same wage.

US topped out makes $24.39 an hour, AA topped out makes $24.09 plus longevity, for a total of $24.39, both CBAs were written so that PMUS fleet and PMAA fleet make the same.

READ YOUR CONTRACT!
You have to make it to 20Year to get that.
Base pay is $24.09
Once again
WRONG! Base pay is $24.09

And
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:11077]

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Why aren't they getting the 401k contribution?

And funny you didn't answer questions asked if you.
Because they're ready reserve and they've never been eligible for 401k contributions. This is nothing new of course, it's always been this way. Do i wish it were different? Sure, but frankly this is a benefit that was never offered to the ready reserve program so it's not as if they lost it.

Feel free to admit your error with regards to the raises whenever you wish though.

700UW said:

They waited until another union on premises i believe the pilots agreed to a pay cut and gave the non-union the same or was that in 1990? After the PI merger Usair was always in financial trouble unlike DL. But yes that is the reason why I voted for the union. Ironically over the years I lost a lot more with the union

700UW said:
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

It took US to file CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY in order to NEGOTIATE concessions and have you VOTE on them.

Did DL negotiate with the ramp when they FORCED concessions on them?

Did DL negotiate in 2012 when they cut their profit sharing by 33%?
So the company used bankruptcy as a tool to cut wages. Whats stopping them from doing it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.