DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you tell us what you are guaranteed till 2018? 

Doesn't have to be pay, anything Delta guarantees you at all. 

Ok, I'll bite..... Nothing. Which is the same for you all in maintenance as well. And if Delta had a track record of not offering a competitive benefits package then I'd concede your point but that simply isn't the case but you knew that already, didn't you?

robbedagain said:
thx Albert  

Lucky  when our 2014 contract was ratified  it includes the fact the company cannot outsource any city unless the mainline count goes to 7 a week  or 1 per day for a 1 calendar yr period.   and that is also including AA metal.   While we FSA do not have 401k we do have the IAMPF   Whether its good  or bad is personal opinion   Our contract gives us wage increases  plus the September 2.1% increase   However  when the Assoc goes in to negotiate a JCBA  you can bet that they will use DL and the 14.5 as a jumping start and go from there..   But I feel that if the company is going to give it to us  they will want to do away with catering and go with LSG   may be cargo  but I hope not as I do not see the need to give up anything period.   Some of the folks I work with used to work in DC and the company for yrs wanted to do away with our catering however when they ran the numbers vs outsourcing  ours is always cheaper than LSG for example.
I see what you're saying and that's great and all but I was looking for black and white numbers as it relates to your hourly pay and how much it's gone to recently, especially in light of how well the industry has done as a whole. The last four or 5 years would be a good jumping off point I would think....

I also find it ironic that as you mentioned a non-union airline has set the bar for compensation. Who would thunk it, huh?

US and AA ramp make $24.39 per hour as of 9/12/2015, last year PMUS ramp received a 9.53% raise.

700UW said:
US and AA ramp make $24.39 per hour as of 9/12/2015, last year PMUS ramp received a 9.53% raise.
$24.39 is certainly respectable and competitive but that was still less than Delta was making and that's before taking into account the raise we'll be receiving in December. Is the $24.39 figure before or after union dues are taken out?

WeAAsles said:
In 2014, among full-time wage and salary workers, union members had median usual weekly earnings of $970, while those who were not union members had median weekly earnings of $763.

I'm just curious:  any idea of how these numbers would look if broken down for public sector unions vs. private sector unions vs no unions.

robbedagain said:
Hey Pete, our scope guarantees us the company cannot outsource a number of cities thru 2018 or when a new JCBA is reached. We are guaranteed wage increases thru that time period as well plus a raise that took effect. Gee those are guarantee for us and we are union
Robbed have 700 explain(sugarcoat) to you what happened to BUF and the other cities that wre guaranteed. I believe they closed the doors on them early.No surprises with a contact you say

Lucky777 said:
$24.39 is certainly respectable and competitive but that was still less than Delta was making and that's before taking into account the raise we'll be receiving in December. Is the $24.39 figure before or after union dues are taken out?
Union dues are two times the hourly wage per month.

They are not taken out of every single hour someone works.

And only 60% of DL's ramp will see that raise.

And PMUS has way better and cheaper insurance, a defined benefit plan (pension), Scope language and a CBA.

If you cost out the CBA, I would tell you that PMUS makes more than DL overall.

Why are large stations such as CLT, RDU and MIA outsourced at DL?

Why has DL not opened up one mainline station since the merger?

Why is 40% of the workforce making $12 an hour with no benefits and no raises?

Why is DL shooting for the ramp to be 50% ready reserve?

Albert said:
Robbed have 700 explain(sugarcoat) to you what happened to BUF and the other cities that wre guaranteed. I believe they closed the doors on them early.No surprises with a contact you say
Old Contract, not the new one, and there was a grievance filed and the members were compensated for the violation.

What did DL do to ANC, MSP, MCO, DFW, SLC, CVG, MEM and others?

Did you see DL is cutting CVG once again.

At PMUS if there is one mainline flight a day its is staffed under the CBA ratified last year, PMUS as 37 ramp stations, no Ready Reserve and PMAA has 13 ramp stations with no ready reserve, the new AA staffs more ramp than DL does.

Albert why are you on the ramp at US with a CBA, since you obviously hate unions, go into management, with no job protections?

Did you vote on your CBA?

Ask DL employees what happens when DL wants to make a change.

Did you know DL cut the profit sharing two years ago by 33% and the employees had no say in it?

Do you know that DL has three different pay scales for the ramp, so people doing the same job arent on the same pay scale at all?

Do you know DL only gave a 2%-4% raise depending on which pay scale you were hired under?

Why didnt 40% of Delta's ramp workforce not receive the 14.5% raise?

700UW said:
The letter wasnt a one time deal, and they were hiring in CLT and PHL, so like I said, dont let the facts get in your way.
I was on the NC, I was privy to the financials and such, you were in LGA working, I was in DC at CCY and in bankruptcy court.

Ready Reserves are eligible to sign cards and vote, there is a flyer about RR on the grassroots thread.

And take your own advice and stop posting and making things up that you dont know about.

Insult someone else, not me.
Oh yeah Im a utility worker in LGA let me pull up roots and transfer to CLT and start day one for a company that is about to close its doors. Come on im getting dizzy from all the spinning

700UW said:
Old Contract, not the new one, and there was a grievance filed and the members were compensated for the violation.

What did DL do to ANC, MSP, MCO, DFW, SLC, CVG, MEM and others?

Did you see DL is cutting CVG once again.

At PMUS if there is one mainline flight a day its is staffed under the CBA ratified last year, PMUS as 37 ramp stations, no Ready Reserve and PMAA has 13 ramp stations with no ready reserve, the new AA staffs more ramp than DL does.

Albert why are you on the ramp at US with a CBA, since you obviously hate unions, go into management, with no job protections?

Did you vote on your CBA?

Ask DL employees what happens when DL wants to make a change.

Did you know DL cut the profit sharing two years ago by 33% and the employees had no say in it?

Do you know that DL has three different pay scales for the ramp, so people doing the same job arent on the same pay scale at all?

Do you know DL only gave a 2%-4% raise depending on which pay scale you were hired under?
How were they compensated? was money put in their retirement? I forget. What kind of compensation will I get if they decide to do it at LGA? I plan to work another 10 years so it better be a million dollars

Albert said:
Oh yeah Im a utility worker in LGA let me pull up roots and transfer to CLT and start day one for a company that is about to close its doors. Come on im getting dizzy from all the spinning
Anyone working in the airlines business knows that they could be forced to move to keep employment, did you forgot that on your application?

And I guess you forgot our CBA was abrogated in maintenance in February of 2005, as we never reached an agreement with the company?

It took a bankruptcy court and a CBA abrogation for US to obtain the right to outsource, the union NEVER agreed to it.

The judge forced the members to vote on the final offer, which they did, and they ratified it.

Go ask DL who negotiated for them while the were in Chapter 11.

Now stop being an ostrich and actually post facts and the reality of what happened.

I was utility when I was on the Negotiating Committee, do you think I would negotiate to eliminate my own job?

You are truly clueless on what happened.

Albert said:
How were they compensated? was money put in their retirement? I forget. What kind of compensation will I get if they decide to do it at LGA? I plan to work another 10 years so it better be a million dollars
Go look it up, or ask your AGC or union rep, you want to know, you seek it, since you hate unions.

There was a grievance filed and settled the members were compensated.

If DL did that, the effected employees have no recourse, now do they?

You work at LGA, why are vendors doing mainline work at DL?

WeAAsles said:

What is it my good friend 700UW says? "Are the real FACTS get in your way"

Earnings

In 2014, among full-time wage and salary workers, union members had median usual weekly
earnings of $970, while those who were not union members had median weekly earnings of $763.
In addition to coverage by a collective bargaining agreement, this earnings difference
reflects a variety of influences, including variations in the distributions of union members
and nonunion employees by occupation, industry, age, firm size, or geographic region.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm
I bet that is you favorite site, BUT I can blow big holes in the numbers. Here is a little homework assignment for you to try in bluster the claims made in this convenient cut-n-past.
what is the population of fleet service clerks, or jobs similar to ours, how many of them work for a US carriers. The point I'm trying to make is that (FSC only) is such a small population, it would be very difficult to compare it to the rest of the group within an "Unionized" group of workers. The only way the BLS could make such a study and come up with a mean weekly wage, is to group all unionized workers together as part of the mean that would include auto workers, pipe fitters..ect.

Your challenge is to provide me with the number of Unionized airline employees at US carriers with top-out wages and likewise the number of non-Unionized respectively.

700UW said:
Go look it up, or ask your AGC or union rep, you want to know, you seek it, since you hate unions.

There was a grievance filed and settled the members were compensated.

If DL did that, the effected employees have no recourse, now do they?

You work at LGA, why are vendors doing mainline work at DL?
Listen i dont hate unions i voted for one. Ive taken my head out of the sand long enough to know a union contract guarantees NOTHING and im living proof. It is my opinion from observing  and working side by side with DL employees for 35+ years that they dont need a union. I firmly believe a 5 year DL employee will still be employed 25 years from now if he so desires. If DL was going to outsource their employees why would they compensate them better than their peers? Delta just might be a good company to work for did you ever think of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back