DL rebrands, alters onboard services

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
of course it does.

I'll send your name into the GO and ask them to get with you on how to follow DL's carry-on baggage procedures since it seems such a difficult concept for you to understand, otay?
Part of your pattern of "making some calls?" Wouldn't be the first time...

I know what the policies are. I also know when they're followed and when they're not. But, hey; what would I know? I just work these flights all day long...

then you should be able to figure them out with your local leadership instead of repeatedly posting that the GO is the problem.

Kev3188 said:
Part of your pattern of "making some calls?"I know what the policies are. I also know when they're followed and when they're not. But, hey; what would I know? I just work these flights all day long...
If you and others stopped responding to the pos, he will be an island with zero visitors.

He can continue to discuss his delusions with "wilson".

Reactions: 2 people
they are too concerned that I might post something. the notion of really ignoring someone - post voting score, response, the whole nine Yards - is completely beyond not only their comprehension but also their radar.

Glenn Quagmire said:
If you and others stopped responding to the pos, he will be an island with zero visitors.

He can continue to discuss his delusions with "wilson".

But I was looking for guidance...what if you get sick the day before or the day of the flight and can't go....are you SOL since changes aren't permitted?  

DL and other carriers have had no change fares before.

based on their previous policies, tickets are indeed use it or lose it.

I'm not sure why you find it so hard to understand. DO you expect to be able to take a doctor's note to get a refund on Monday morning for your unused football tickets?

WorldTraveler said:
DL and other carriers have had no change fares before.

based on their previous policies, tickets are indeed use it or lose it.

I'm not sure why you find it so hard to understand. DO you expect to be able to take a doctor's note to get a refund on Monday morning for your unused football tickets?

So in other words...if I'm puking and chilled, I'd best board that plane.   And nope...I wouldn't try for a refund of a football game.  But you know, they only play those once on a Sunday.  Delta has how many flights a day...7 days a week.  

FWIW - I would call it "good customer service" to allow a family who lost their dad the ability to either get a refund or allow the funds to be used to fly relatives back for the funeral.  Delta did neither.  

Reactions: 1 person
I presume you have had experience with non-refundable, non-changeable fares before.

DL provides good customer service in keeping with the fares that customers purchase.

So do many other Airlines around the world. including the ULCCs in the US whose fares DL is matching.

the notion that companies should take a revenue hit because of the hard luck in a customer's life needs to die real quickly at least in the airline industry.

You won't find it in dozens of other industries... I'm not sure why you should think that airlines should do something that you wouldn't ask another cmopany.

WorldTraveler said:
I presume you have had experience with non-refundable, non-changeable fares before.

DL provides good customer service in keeping with the fares that customers purchase.

So do many other Airlines around the world.

the notion that companies should take a revenue hit because of the hard luck in a customer's life needs to die real quickly at least in the airline industry.

You won't find it in dozens of other industries... I'm not sure why you should think that airlines should do something that you wouldn't ask another cmopany.

I'll write this again.  My father DIED.  Delta kept the money.  Football stadiums don't oversell games...you buy a seat, you got a seat.  If you don't show up, your seat is empty for that 60 minutes.  If the flight is oversold and I don't show up - 'my' (nonassigned under basic steerage) seat is occupied...and my money is in the bank account.  So no, I wouldn't be out of line saying a refund might be the customer friendly thing to do.

Not to worry though.  My dad died in 2004 and I haven't been on a Delta flight since.  Been on AA, US, Southwest, Airtran, and many others...but I won't buy a ticket on Delta.  

But if I did have one of your tickets and was puking my guts up and showed up at the airport and had a member of the flight crew order me off the plane - would I be due anything?  After all...I'm just upholding MY part of the bargain. 

WorldTraveler said:
again, DL has been tagging bags at the boarding decade since before you ever graced the earth with your presence.

properly trained gate agents -which you are not - know how to handle the situation.

If flights are being delayed because of bags being dragged down the jetway that won't fit, then someone isn't doing their job.

and DCI carriers are even easier to deal with because bags above a certain size on CRJ derived aircraft are checked at the boarding door.
your kidding with right? When is the last time you have been on a Delta flight? hell a airline flight period. 

Its a free for all for overhead space. GAs don't generally have time to check every ones bag to see what fits and what doesn't. 

Kev3188 said:
Part of your pattern of "making some calls?" Wouldn't be the first time...

I know what the policies are. I also know when they're followed and when they're not. But, hey; what would I know? I just work these flights all day long...
He is on a roll today. 

Kev3188 said:
Who said they're the problem? I said it starts there.

Please read what I post. Seriously. It's not too much to ask.
yes, yes it is. 

Oh and WT......notice how nothing is said about Delta One being offered on JFK-SEA? only LAX/SFO

Reactions: 2 people
I'm on an airplane at least every couple weeks somewhere in the world.

and rollerboards aren't hard to identify during the boarding process.

notable again that you and Kev find it is difficult to do a job that you haven't done

DL gate agents don't stop everything but rollerboards aren't hard to spot and they are the problem in most cases regarding boarding.

and unless you forget what we are arguing about, the economy basic fare requires boarding at the of the boarding process. DL isn't going to charge for checking a bag at the gate but if someone runs out of space, it will be the basic economy passenger. '

I don't know what kind of fare you bought, KC, but DL does procedures for dealing with extraordinary procedures and so does any company. I don't know if they would now make an exception based on the situation you described. and being sick and a DIF are not the same thing. Airlines a long time decided they weren't going to make exceptions for illness. Not just DL. It's too much of an administrative nightmare. and, guess what, sickness happens.. it's part of being a human. Not sure if they also feel the same way about death on basic economy fares.

the point of a basic economy fares is to not expect that it will be changed.

WorldTraveler said:
I'm on an airplane at least every couple weeks somewhere in the world.

and rollerboards aren't hard to identify during the boarding process.

notable again that you and Kev find it is difficult to do a job that you haven't done

thats because we can look at a GA running around like a chicken with their head cut off at boarding time and know that she/he aint looking at bags.

or the line o bags waiting in the jet way with a FA waiting to get pink tagged. (and that "i hate my life" they always seem to have when doing so) 

Or the d-bag who took up all of the bin above our seat so we have to be "that guy" and try to swim upstream to find a place for our stuff.

nothing about JFK-SEA eh? no comment at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts