DL to suspend SEA-HND Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
And AA's case is still up against all of the original reasons the route was awarded to Seattle.
Also unlike AA, DL and HA have not abandoned a HND route
I predict DL will hold onto the route and will keep it operating on a daily basis

Or, it could be..."We do what we think we need to do for the public's good."  Just because they dare to disagree with DL, they are now fascist?  totalitarian, perhaps?  God forbid it should be just a few highly capable people providing a service to the American people.

I know it is hard for you Texans to believe it, but the US is a government of laws and legal precedent.

I don't know how the case will end up but I do believe there is the possibility that DL will pursue legal action against the DOT if the route is stripped.

DL's rebuttal shows that the DOT award to DL requires only that the route be operated at least once every 90 days.

The DOT failed to strip route awards from other carriers including AA to Brazil, HND, and other countries even when there were requests by other carriers to operate those routes when AA was not operating according to the PROPOSED schedule that the carrier had in its application.

Just like the DAL case, DL will not pull out the lawsuit word until it is clear that they have a risk of losing the case.

But I would strongly bet that DL will defend their right to have operate the route on a less than daily basis during off peak periods and note that the DOT could have accomplished its purposes by ordering that the routes be operating on a daily basis.

The DOT has not required carriers to operate routes on a daily basis in the past and gave no order that the SEA-HND route was at risk if it wasn't operated on a daily basis.

I still bet that the DOT, even with the route case moving forward, will keep the route with DL which will operate on a daily basis.

And it still comes down to that HA has the best track record of operating HND flights as awarded than AA OR DL but the question remains whether more than half of the HND slots should be used to carry Japanese tourists to Hawaii.

DL will very likely retain the route and AA will be forced to continue to lose money flying LAX-NRT plus get a new competitor on LAX-PVG.

Hahahaha now that our arguments and predictions have failed, it's time to attack people from Texas as lawless?  Timeless.

Does anyone know which law firm is Delta's chief outside counsel?  At the rate these lawsuits are flying, that firm must be banking an insane amount of hours.

but you want him to play by the rules the NMB set up, right?

DL has plenty of friends in Washington who will probably be happy to tap the DOT on the shoulder and remind them that they are stepping on a very slippery slope if they choose to pull a route authority.

The US is indeed a country of laws - or else we are all free to toss as much of them out the window as they can afford to buy off, right?

there are no threats.

those are realities.

I'm sure you don't realize that the US has 3 branches of government but the DOT does not act independently of Congress and the judicial system any more than any other executive agency does.

If DL believes that the DOT has acted improperly, DL can absolutely pursue a case whetehr DL has friends or not.

And AA has plenty of clout in DC also.

Lets see you are now threatening the Government and the DL FAs.

Who's next?

Where is your lawsuit against Eric? (another threat)

What about telling HR about Kevin's posts here? (another threat)

Lawsuit threats you made:

DCA and LGA slot divestiture by AA/US.

DAL Lawsuit.

And not the HND lawsuit.

You are nothing but an internet bully, and full of false threats and empty promises.

Clueless indeed.

Like DL, I have accomplished what I want without the lawsuits.

and yes AA has clout.

but clout doesn't allow one party to do something that is illegal compared to precedent.

I am not saying that DL will sue the DOT but it is absolutely a possibility.

and it also doesn't change that AA has a whole lot less viable case for getting the HND frequencies if they are stripped from DL than HA does.

Illegal?

Show us the law how it is illegal for the DOT to take a route away from a carrier that didnt meet its written deal to operate a route?

Use it or lose it.

700UW said:
Illegal?

Show us the law how it is illegal for the DOT to take a route away from a carrier that didnt meet its written deal to operate a route?

Use it or lose it.
not to stick up for it but it wasn't use it or lose it. DOT is simply changing the rules as they go. 

Hahahaha Delta has "friends in Washington" and AA, United, Southwest, Hawaiian, the City of Dallas, etc. have ... ?

Once again - a myopic belief that only Delta can affect change, only Delta can advocate aggressively for its position, only Delta can make moves that force competitors to react, only Delta can invest millions in losses in markets or ventures with long-term payoff, etc.  And what it all comes back to: fear, fear, fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back