Feb / Mar 2013 IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT .........

IAM SETTLES ON A NEW CONTRACT WITH UNITED AIRLINES .........

IAMNPF NOT INLCUDED IN THE CONTRACT ......... UNITED WORKERS WILL GET A 401K ......

in other news ....... US Airways employees will continue to be required to pay 160 a month to a pension fund that has ALREADY broken their promise to them on retirement payout .......

will the IAM give it's US Airways workers a way-out of their IAMNPF fully funded pension fund , I mean considering that it's funded to 105% there's little reason to REQURIE that pension funds go to the IAMNPF when the workers should be given a choice .......

all this and more in as the UNIONS battle ... stay tuned !

EDIT: turns out I was reading the old contential CBA ... new agreement with united HAS a 3 % 401k match AND sadly for them they are also chained to the IAMNPF .... no choice is given to our brothers and sisters at united in this ....... no choice for you !

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently you dont know how to read your own CBA:

The Company is obligated to contribute at the agreed rate and does not guarantee that agreed rate will provide the current benefit.

And you certainly dont know how to read a highlight sheet, per the sheet:

Defined Benefit Pension
S-CO – Maintain CARP
S-UA – Maintain 6.5% contribution rate to IAM National Pension Plan
Defined Contribution 401k Plan
Matching 401k for ALL members, up to 3% of compensation

You really need to learn how to read and comprehend.

http://www.iam141.org/docs/preview.pdf

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently you dont know how to read your own CBA:

And you certainly dont know how to read a highlight sheet, per the sheet:

You really need to learn how to read and comprehend.

http://www.iam141.org/docs/preview.pdf

well tell me , how does them being FORCED to contribute to the IAMNPF help them ? i'd love to hear you explain that away ?

it looks to me like once you accept the IAM , you also are FORCED to accept the IAMNPF ........ it's like they shackle you too it ....

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT .........

IAM SETTLES ON A NEW CONTRACT WITH UNITED AIRLINES .........

IAMNPF NOT INLCUDED IN THE CONTRACT ......... UNITED WORKERS WILL GET A 401K ......

in other news ....... US Airways employees will continue to be required to pay 160 a month to a pension fund that has ALREADY broken their promise to them on retirement payout .......

will the IAM give it's US Airways workers a way-out of their IAMNPF fully funded pension fund , I mean considering that it's funded to 105% there's little reason to REQURIE that pension funds go to the IAMNPF when the workers should be given a choice .......

all this and more in as the UNIONS battle ... stay tuned !

EDIT: turns out I was reading the old contential CBA ... new agreement with united HAS a 3 % 401k match AND sadly for them they are also chained to the IAMNPF .... no choice is given to our brothers and sisters at united in this ....... no choice for you !

you are truely an idiot running wild in the circle of uninformed misfitted company proteges !

Relax...sit back and watch from the sidelines. You may mean well in your mind but in the end you will be saved by the Sane!

Reactions: 4 people
How did the people at the outstations that you forced out of a job like it?

And you are not contributing to it, the company is, and they are not being forced, they negotiated and agreed to it, how is that being forced?

And you voted for the TA, so you voted for and agreed to the terms, now didnt you?

I truly believe a village is missing you someplace in the US.

It's called majority rules.

If you dont want to participate in the IAMNPF, then seek employment elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 people
well tell me , how does them being FORCED to contribute to the IAMNPF help them ? i'd love to hear you explain that away ?

it looks to me like once you accept the IAM , you also are FORCED to accept the IAMNPF ........ it's like they shackle you too it ....

Typical...all you ever do is ASK after reading what you want into things...if you cant comprehend ask your AGC in person........You Trust him as you say?

Typical...all you ever do is ASK after reading what you want into things...if you cant comprehend ask your AGC in person........You Trust him as you say?

look mike , i'm sorry , maybe because you've been in the pension longer you guys didn't get the dreaded "letter" where they cut your benefits ....

but I can assure you that the letter exists , and that they DO send them out ....

I've already had my pension benefits slashed , I don't think a sane person would continue to trust the IAMNPF after what I've been through ...

they literally sat me down and explained what my future benefits would be like under optimal conditions ect ect .......

and then later ,BAM they stab you in the back ...

I understand that the stock market has been through horrible events ... and I know that people's 401K's have taken a beating ....

but at the end of the day , if I have to lose money , I want to be the one who has contributed primarily to that loss of money ... I don't have a choice if my IAMNPF monies are in bonds , or stocks ... I can't choose if I want the safest investments or the most risky ....

When you have a 401K , YOU get to determine the level of risk your comfortable with ... I think that choice SHOULD be left up to our members.... if our people feel confident in the IAMNPF , let them stay , if not let them go ....

Besides ,how is my retirement YOUR business ?

You are truly clueless.

In 1992 all the non-union employees, including ramp and csa's had their pension frozen, then in 2005, it was terminated along with the mechanic and related and flight attendant pensions. The pilots had their pension terminated in 2003, some of the pilots lost over a million dollars.

The IAM was the only union on the property to get a defined benefit plan where you didnt have to use your own money to fund your retirement.

You voted for the TA which contained the language for the IAMPF, the company agreed to it and it clearly stated the benefit levels wasnt guaranteed.

Can you not comprehend what you read?

You are truly clueless.

In 1992 all the non-union employees, including ramp and csa's had their pension frozen, then in 2005, it was terminated along with the mechanic and related and flight attendant pensions. The pilots had their pension terminated in 2003, some of the pilots lost over a million dollars.

The IAM was the only union on the property to get a defined benefit plan where you didnt have to use your own money to fund your retirement.

You voted for the TA which contained the language for the IAMPF, the company agreed to it and it clearly stated the benefit levels wasnt guaranteed.

Can you not comprehend what you read?

yes , I can comprehend what I read ......

and sadly , while the IAM is not a bad Union in and of itself ... it seems that the only way I can rid myself of the IAMNPF is by also ridding myself of the IAM ....

That money which has been negoationed on my behalf to go to the IAMNPF needs to go instead to a 401K of my choosing ....

it is part of my compensation package ..

You voted for it, you only have yourself to blame.

no , I can blame the IAM and the IAMNPF as well ..........

but i'm not out on the warpath because of what I want for today ......

i'm fighting for a better future for our brothers and sisters ....

i'm fighting for TOMRROW'S Transitional agreement ... and what I think should, NEEDS, to be included in it ......

and as you can see from the poll , i'm not the only fleet service agent that has ZERO confidence in that pension ....

LET MY PEOPLE GO !!!!

You wouldnt know a fight if it punched you in the face.

You sold out your brothers and sisters.

Reactions: 3 people
You wouldnt know a fight if it punched you in the face.

You sold out your brothers and sisters.

no 700 you mean this UNION sold out it's brothers and sisters ...... we PASSED the TA did we not ?

That's the TA that was GIVEN to us to vote on was it not ?

did I write the terms of the TA ? was I alone in voting for the TA ? hell even the stations that were set to be outsourced voted for the TA .......

so please , enough with the recriminations ..

Status
Not open for further replies.