Feb / Mar 2013 IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose you don't want to participate in the NPF? What options do you have? Do you have any options?

Everyone is looking at that UA TA and drooling over the numbers, but nothing about all those stations that have protection 'expiration' dates.

Sure,everything will be fine and dandy until December 31 2016, and what do you think UA management will give those stations for the new year? It won't be an "Attaboy!".

As I said in the other thread, if it passes,load up on the hours and take comfort in the fact you have recall rights for life...if you don't mind moving to a hub city.

It will end up going the same way it did at US, as soon as the can outsource those stations, they will. The company wouldn't word that contract that way if they didn't intend to do so. Mark my words....

I have to agree with wings ... as soon as 2016 comes to pass they will outsource every single city ......

it appears to be a new trick to get workers to vote for outsourcing .. by putting it a few years away ... a few years go by FAST ...

They should reject the contract .

as far as the new ua contract it sucks as i have read most of it and i saw the expiration of the dates for the cities listed to be gone.. its a new trick and i admit at first i thought it was a good contract bec of the pay but i was wrong bec i did not read the whole thing until last nite i would shoot it down in a heart beat due to the outsourcing, 700 its incredible that freedom says he shoot it down yet he has no issues with his own coworkers losing their jobs what a hypocrite he is.... as for the pension as it has been mentioned before you time and time again freedom it is not out of our pocket the company is paying 1.05 of every hr ft workers into the iampf when you start seeing it out of your paycheck let us know

let's keep the name calling to a minimum .....
it was an unlivable wage ........... i did what i had to do , as did the others ...If we had not signed that contract , we might still be duking out a new one ...and i'm sorry i couldn't have lived the last several years at the old wages .. i wouldn't have made it ...
I have to agree with wings ... as soon as 2016 comes to pass they will outsource every single city ......

it appears to be a new trick to get workers to vote for outsourcing .. by putting it a few years away ... a few years go by FAST ...

They should reject the contract .

It will end up going the same way it did at US, as soon as the can outsource those stations, they will. The company wouldn't word that contract that way if they didn't intend to do so. Mark my words....
It's kind of ironic the current leadership team; when campaigning used a campaign slogan "The concession stand is closed" yet here we are agreeing to subcontracting stations at the end of 2016 on UA property. The TA seems to have many gains for the members but, as I've pointed out before, it's going to be short lived and not do much good to those affected after December 2016. You're absolutely right Wings the company has every intention of exercising this language when the time comes. If the TA passes I wouldn't be surprised if they start soliciting bids from vendors shortly thereafter. They'll be ready to roll January 2017. Once again... the large stations won't care about the jobs lost. Hey... if you're the company stick with the strategy that works.

as far as the new ua contract it sucks as i have read most of it and i saw the expiration of the dates for the cities listed to be gone.. its a new trick and i admit at first i thought it was a good contract bec of the pay but i was wrong bec i did not read the whole thing until last nite i would shoot it down in a heart beat due to the outsourcing, 700 its incredible that freedom says he shoot it down yet he has no issues with his own coworkers losing their jobs what a hypocrite he is.... as for the pension as it has been mentioned before you time and time again freedom it is not out of our pocket the company is paying 1.05 of every hr ft workers into the iampf when you start seeing it out of your paycheck let us know

Robbed as has been said time and time again , that money is part of your compensation package that you get from the company ...so that IS your money ...

EDIT , or think of it this way ...... let's say the company was paying ten dollars an hour into your pension .... don't you think they might give you less in other area's like hourly pay , vacation ect ... To the company your a number ... they look at how much they have to spend on you as a WHOLE , which includes your hourly wage , pension match , holidays , sick days etc ...

Unfortunatly, very few that vote will look past the pay increase. The company knows this, and that is why they structure these contracts in such a manor.

Unfortunatly, very few that vote will look past the pay increase. The company knows this, and that is why they structure these contracts in such a manor.
We as a group and the District's NCs, continue to get played while the companies continue to eliminate jobs. If you're in an outline station, with outsourcing language like this in a TA, it's got to be difficult to determine which party has less regard for your future and livelihood. The company or the District.

Suppose you don't want to participate in the NPF? What options do you have? Do you have any options?

Everyone is looking at that UA TA and drooling over the numbers, but nothing about all those stations that have protection 'expiration' dates.

Sure,everything will be fine and dandy until December 31 2016, and what do you think UA management will give those stations for the new year? It won't be an "Attaboy!".

As I said in the other thread, if it passes,load up on the hours and take comfort in the fact you have recall rights for life...if you don't mind moving to a hub city.
Lot of stations and jobs are on a 3 year countdown. If I'm reading it right... 10% have no protection from day one. They fail to list those stations. They will be the first on the outsourcing chopping block. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly..the company wouldn't have included that outsourcing language if they didn't have cutting them in the future planned. It's absolutely mind blowing how the leadership can even agree and put forth a contract like this for the membership to vote on. But...then again same old story, just like anything else it all comes down to more money for the IAM business model. Union solidarity my arse....

Exactly..the company wouldn't have included that outsourcing language if they didn't have cutting them in the future planned. It's absolutely mind blowing how the leadership can even agree and put forth a contract like this for the membership to vote on. But...then again same old story, just like anything else it all comes down to more money for the IAM business model. Union solidarity my arse....
Look at the money they stand to lose though when they agree to outsourcing. Same outsourcing language... just packaged differently. Again, I could be reading it wrong and I hope I am, but 10% remain unprotected from day one. I thought we voted for a "New Direction". I thought the "concession stand was closed". One thing is certain... many jobs will be conceded within 3-4 years.

I know that I won't be voting for this POS. We would be subsidizing our own outsourcing. There is lack of protection for a lot of people. Plus a lot of sCO members will be taking a pay cut in this. Where is the benefit in this at all. No raises till '16? If they were going to do that, at least make sure more stations are protected instead of the seven hubs. He funny thing is they are opening up stations that were previously outsourced on one side or the other. As. sCO worker, I don't see any benefit in this deal. Hell, we will be taking a pay cut due to losing the "market rate" 1.00 overrde. That's a loss of 160.00 per month. Plus the dues increase for those on the "B" scale, how are they going to sell this? No protections till 99 and 06? We on the sCO side hired a lot between 06 - 08 mainly in IAH and EWR. These people won't be covered at all and would be subject to the bump and roll, especially IAH. We will lose the market rate at EWR and other high cost of living cities.

Who (besides the District) stands to gain from this? This man votes "NO!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back