Feb / Mar 2013 IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid you're looking correct ograc, as I noted in an earlier post it seems like the most pro posters have stood down in the past week. with the exception of the picture taker of course.

I am afraid you're looking correct ograc, as I noted in an earlier post it seems like the most pro posters have stood down in the past week. with the exception of the picture taker of course.
The picture taker, unlike other pro posters, has much more at stake in the game. It is why he continues to attack Nelson and anyone else on this forum who questions the current leadership team's actions and decisions. Reducing his posts to insulting those on this forum as idiots and insinuating that by being on this forum you are not a true unionist. The picture taker, although he will never acknowledge, understands the importance and significance of the opinions on this forum and how it can impact members' opinions. He fully understands the importance of communication through whatever vehicle... forums, facebook, twitter, email and one on one communication at the workplace. I can appreciate his desire to do damage control at this point... but insulting the members of this forum isn't getting it done.

The first step has been taken by the membership at UA no the most important next step is to stay united and stand together that scares the living hell out of the company it also shows that the membership NOT the elected hold all the cards that too scares the hell out of them. Great job by all who voted pro or con

Picture taker thats very catchy I like that

I heard there was a big time problem in people not getting ballots, I heard the whole station of PVD didnt get one at all!

Reactions: 2 people
I heard the same thing about PVD as well. Plus a lot of people at EWR didn't receive ballots either. The short timeframe to vote is the Districts fault. But enough of us voted "NO" for this garbage.

IMHO, this vote should have been two weeks or so. Not one week. But a lot of us knew which way we were going to vote after reading it. And the dopey LOA's.

We can't be party to our own demise.

Reactions: 1 person
It will be interesting how AH and DP view this UA TA burning party. Im hoping they get the MSG but sometimes a bull on the loose for so long is hard to coral. I to applaud the UA folks in excersising their voices. My hope is that we gain a little respect back in this industry of ours.

So AL? How smooth do you want this merger to be?

NO DEAL. That's a BFD for US at LCC. Thank you UA Brothers and Sisters. DP SHOW US THE MONEY ! No Contract! No Peace !

I heard there was a big time problem in people not getting ballots, I heard the whole station of PVD didnt get one at all!
700 ,
The ironic thing about this all those people received "the messenger" from Atkinson . The arrogance of these guys is just astounding they don't care what rules and or laws they violate, I really hope the DOL or whatever body charged with investigating this vote finally puts the hammer down on them

They claim the company provided the mailing list and as a former Recording Secretary for LL 1725 in CLT, we use to get the addresses from the District who got them from the Company.

Reactions: 2 people
And you have been accused of being, yours truly, which must have made you hotter than working Ramp 1 flight to HNL on a summer afternoon! Of course, when I was accused of being Freedom, then I more annoyed than having an "All Call" while standing next to the lead!
It's getting even hotter now that with all the PACKs running for lack of ground air the exhaust is turning the aft bins into saunas. Far more worse to be/have been compared to than Jester.

But your point is valid, and I have stated the same point... who cares from where the questions are being asked, as if we are unable to stand-up these types of questions in this forum, then we will be unable to stand-up for ourselves during negotiations with Management. The crucible of honest fiery debate makes one better tempered to handle real challenges to one's convictions later.
Yes, and it amazes me the trouble some people will go through just to not have to consider uncomfortable or unfamiliar points of view.

Alex.... I"ll take "Employers F#ckin' Employees" for 100 please?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! You hit the daily double!!!!

The question is : Why are all the major airline employees getting screwed?

Answer: What is A4A?

Airlines Industrial Relations Conference was originally chartered as a nonprofit association by the airline industry in 1971 to facilitate intercarrier exchange of information on negotiations and other employee relations. It served as the only legally approved forum for joint study of labor policy matters of common interest to the scheduled carriers.

The functions of AIR Conference were assumed by A4A effective Jan. 1, 2012. As part of the agreement, A4A has formed a new Labor and Employment council, comprising representatives from its members, to strengthen and advance the labor relations and employment interests of its member carriers and employees.

The Airlines Industrial Relations Conference (AirCon) Amazinly enough, was located at 1300 19th NW st, Washington DC. Probably not a coincidence that the Ford Harrison Labor Firm is located at the same address. They have lobbied heavily against Unions and the changing of Union election rules. They were directly involved along with the Chamber of Commerce in getting a decision reversed against the TWU reguarding rights of a shop steward.

A4A Airline Members:

Alaska Airlines, Inc. (AS)
American Airlines, Inc. (AA)
Atlas Air, Inc. (5Y)
Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DL)
Federal Express Corporation (FX)
Hawaiian Airlines (HA)
JetBlue Airways Corp. (B6)
Southwest Airlines Co. (WN)
United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UA)
UPS Airlines (5X)
US Airways, Inc. (US)

Associate Airline Members:

Air Canada (AC)

Industry Partners:

Airbus
Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Honeywell Aerospace
Pratt & Whitney

Delaney and his District reprentatives are severely outgunned when these groups combine to outthink the unions. I don't even think the Burgermeister Buffinbarger can do anything to stop the Corporate steam roller. I think the only ones who have a chance are the employees acting in concert.
Nelson is on the right track relating the concessions at United with the treatment of the Fleet group at US Airways. I just hate that the motivation might be the chance of a re-re-election and positioning for that election. I hate Chicago politics!

First of all… guys like Tim Nelson will not acknowledge any of these subversive lobbyist activities! To do so... would take focus away from their (his) agenda of making the IAM look bad!

Second... it's no that they "out think" the Unions... they OUT SPEND the Unions! That is what lobbyist do... you get the best deal they can buy!

In addition to the AIR/A4A Conference, our workgroup has seen changes to how Airline Unions organize, and represent us with the recent FAA Reauthorization Act, which adversely affects how representational elections are petitioned for and directed. Further, we have had assaults on the RLA itself, as the many in the GOP have lobbied to have individual State Laws supersede it-- hence; “Right to Work” may soon be coming to an Airline near you! Corporate America is waging WAR on the remaining 12% of unionized workers in this country, and many people in this forum blame the UNIONS!

700 has entered this forum time, and time again with actual facts, legal case history, and solid information regarding your rights as Unionized Workers. The recent developments with United Airlines vote demonstrates how this process works. When you don’t like what is negotiated-- you VOTE NO-- and let the process proceed… you don’t blame the union! Case in point--the US Flight Attendants just voted yes (Ratified) a Tentative Agreement after two NO Votes…along with a Strike Vote... and it took over two years to consummate!

The Airlines know exactly how to play the laws… especially the RLA to within a hair’s width of an impasse! This drags negotiations along for years at a time, while guys like Nelson launch negativity campaigns to further weaken the unions and their leaders!

My suggestion to all of you is to educate yourself on the realities of your position as an IAM worker in this industry. You will not and cannot “fix” perceived and/or invented injustices by changing leadership or unions... that’s a fact... I’ve been in this industry for several decades… and I’ve seen it tried over and over… to no avail!

Can someone interpret this jipperish
But since you won't heed some sound advice answe 2 questions please

1 what has your boss delaney done for the membership
Dave I'm going to make it really easy just name 1
2. Why won't you give update on the voting. Your in the office poking around doing nothing
On the memberships dime heck what's the per diem in ORD 81.00 a day
At least post how many ballots have been received cooom on man thats your J O B try doing it

Nelson, you must really hate DL... this is the second time you've tried this Bluto Bullshit!

Cargo,

You and I had a conversation some time ago... how many of these posters have confirmed that they are IAM members?

My guess is ONE... ME... does that tell you something?

Here are the numbers and breakdowns:

United ramp 3294 no. 1200 yes
Cont ramp 2672 no 681 yes

... United pce 3255 no 2155 yes
Contin pce 2672 no 1670 yes

700+ impounded ballots. Stores also voted it down but those numbers are insignificant.

Big turnout especially considering hundreds of others never got their ballots.

With Atkinson spending over $1 million on a campaign trying to manufacture consent for the anti labor ta, the members stuck together and had an organized campaign itself that cost $12 dollars [monthly web site fee] and networked with leaders across the system that were not up the union leadership arse and Bi&^& slapped the union leadership as well it should for the anti labor TA. The worst Republican couldn't have tried to hose our members worse than the nasty arse anti labor 141 rising leadership. Thankfully, most of their support has their eyes open but there are the poor few who remain.

Happy Easter and its exciting that we all stuck together and thanks to the hubs for not tossing the other stations away
Regards,

We can't be party to our own demise.

+1000

That goes for everyone in America's working class...

Second... it's no that they "out think" the Unions... they OUT SPEND the Unions!

It's both.

you don’t blame the union!

No, but you certainly hold people in charge accountable.

The Airlines know exactly how to play the laws… especially the RLA to within a hair’s width of an impasse! This drags negotiations along for years at a time, while guys like Nelson launch negativity campaigns to further weaken the unions and their leaders!

All due respect, but when unions are structured to maximize engagement amongst the members, guys like Nelson don't have a voice. The fact that he gets so much traction w/r/t DL 141 says a lot where you guys are at vs. where you need to be as a group.

My suggestion to all of you is to educate yourself on the realities of your position as an IAM worker in this industry. You will not and cannot “fix” perceived and/or invented injustices by changing leadership or unions... that’s a fact... I’ve been in this industry for several decades… and I’ve seen it tried over and over… to no avail!

This seems like a rationale for giving up and settling for whatever may come...

One of the beauties of elected leadership is the ability to change them out when they're not meeting the needs/wants of the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts