GAS Fracking. ....Which one is right ?

Airlines and railroads would probably probably be a lot more profitable without them.

no, they would hide their losses by cutting corners. by hiring second and third rate employees and paying them accordingly. Encouraging mechanics to be less observant and slamming them if they refuse..Or threaten to close stations and create a sytem 'bump'. encouraging pilots not to leave aircraft in an outstation or write anything in a logbook until they come to a maintenance station.

Im guessing you have airline experience. Why dont you kknow this?

no, they would hide their losses by cutting corners. by hiring second and third rate employees and paying them accordingly. Encouraging mechanics to be less observant and slamming them if they refuse..Or threaten to close stations and create a sytem 'bump'. encouraging pilots not to leave aircraft in an outstation or write anything in a logbook until they come to a maintenance station.

Im guessing you have airline experience. Why dont you kknow this?
What?

I am quite sure they would all adhere to the highest standards of integrity. There is no way any airline would compromise customer service or safety, even without regulation. It might cost them a little more, but if that is what it takes in the name of safety, so be it.

If we dropped the FAR's, I am most positive that the airlines would continue to operate under the strictest of internal regulation, ensuring the highest level of safety and customer experience, while maintaining a superior employment experience for the worker.

Trust me.

Im trying to think of a single company that knowing violated the law or safety practices and I just can't think of a single one.

The notion that corporations would do the right thing for the right reason is beyond ignorant. Pinto. Exxon. BP. Any company busted for dumping waste.

AA was just nailed for having seats that were not secured. Can you imagine what the plans would be like if the FAA did not do any inspections?

What?

I am quite sure they would all adhere to the highest standards of integrity. There is no way any airline would compromise customer service or safety, even without regulation. It might cost them a little more, but if that is what it takes in the name of safety, so be it.

If we dropped the FAR's, I am most positive that the airlines would continue to operate under the strictest of internal regulation, ensuring the highest level of safety and customer experience, while maintaining a superior employment experience for the worker.

Trust me.

You are wrong. And I am sorry to tell you this but I Witnessed it personally at both a legacy carrier and a regional. I left because safety was NOT at the forefront of managements message and I was young enough to start over. the personel will do their bestbut there is an awful lot of "work around" of problems. As far as customer service, that kinda went by the wayside about ten years ago. I know because after being a mechanic, I took a job with extensive travel. Still do quite a bit of travel, and it sux. without federal regulation, you dont need an A&P. You dont need as much simulator time or even rest between flights.

Im trying to think of a single company that knowing violated the law or safety practices and I just can't think of a single one.

The notion that corporations would do the right thing for the right reason is beyond ignorant. Pinto. Exxon. BP. Any company busted for dumping waste.

AA was just nailed for having seats that were not secured. Can you imagine what the plans would be like if the FAA did not do any inspections?

Tree man never worked in a hangar with a gate ETA....LOL

Airlines and railroads would probably probably be a lot more profitable without them.

Since I've (cyber) known you for Years, that, Eric, is the DUMBEST G-D statement you've EVER Made ! !

Imaging the ATC system without the FAA ?????
And trust me, Railroading is equally as dangerous as an Alaska crab fisherman.
The FRA has saved many a town/community from a defective tank car of sulfuric acid, from derailing on Main Street !

Jesus Eric,...C'mon !!!!!!!!!!!!

You are wrong. And I am sorry to tell you this but I Witnessed it personally at both a legacy carrier and a regional. I left because safety was NOT at the forefront of managements message and I was young enough to start over. the personel will do their bestbut there is an awful lot of "work around" of problems. As far as customer service, that kinda went by the wayside about ten years ago. I know because after being a mechanic, I took a job with extensive travel. Still do quite a bit of travel, and it sux. without federal regulation, you dont need an A&P. You dont need as much simulator time or even rest between flights.

You're not trying to come across as some kind of aviation expert are you? You sound more like a parts changer than an actual aviation professional. Give me an example of "an awful lot of 'work around of problems" you have experienced.

You missed the dripping sarcasm in my previous post.

You're not trying to come across as some kind of aviation expert are you? You sound more like a parts changer than an actual aviation professional. Give me an example of "an awful lot of 'work around of problems" you have experienced.

Im not an aviation professional. As i wrote, left aviation in 94 for 8 yrs and again permanently on 9/11. But an example would be Mgt strongly encouraging us to ignore tire and brake to wear beyond limits. Or defering mtc to avoid delays. Some aircraft had twenty deferred mtc items, all legal of course but a plane with none is safer than a plane with a dozen. I was line mtc and avionics. Of course i was a parts changer! And a grease monkey. And a lav tank diver. And an engine oil filler.

What are, were , you? A pencil whipper?

Clean water is a a very precious commodity. I wonder if these companies would be as willing to risk it if their assets were on the line? You frack and disturb the water table you loose your company and all your assets.

Clean water is a a very precious commodity. I wonder if these companies would be as willing to risk it if their assets were on the line? You frack and disturb the water table you loose your company and all your assets.

Probably not, they would just move company operations to another country, then only the US operation would be at risk.

BTW its lose not loose, I see that mistake so often on the internet i am beginning to believe that the school system is teacing it that way.

If the company is not based in the US then a bond can be posted to grantee the funds. It is quite easy to hold a company responsible if there is the will to do so. Less than 3% of the world water supply is fresh printable water. Do you feel lucky?

Back