Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes we know that you roam the internet looking for anything you can find to try to give DL a blackeye esp. if it has to do with labor, but do you think you could bring your own 2 cents to the discussion?

so its ok for you to turn every flipping thread into your very own personel biased pro dl bs but its not ok for posters such as 700 to give their opinions    man you seriously need professional mental help   youre so dam arrogant and stuck up dl tail you cant even admit your wrong on issues     

southwind  thanks for your response but i gotta say this  should the IAM get in at DL for FAs and ACS  would your statement also apply to you or would you be a union dues objector

the IAM won't ever represent DL mechanics.

It isn't terribly likely they will represent DL FAs or ACS personnel.

and whatever I do doesn't change that it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence or creativity to post links without comment.

WorldTraveler said:
I am not at all saying that the golden parachutes were right - but they also existed at other airlines and they also existed at other companies outside of the airline industry.

Golden parachutes are wrong and have nothing to do with unions or non-unions.

Stockholders are the ones that have to say they don't want them.
ah the old other companies do it so its okay for Delta to do it

but when we try to do that for labor its "oh that isn't comparable." 

but i would expect it to be okay with you since your buddy took the money and ran and so did you. 
eolesen said:
Yeah, that's a bunch of BS.

Without exception, the current crop of airline CEO's are nowhere near temporary.

Anderson left for a couple years to work at UHC, but aside from that, has 25+ years between NW and DL. Gary Kelly's been a lifer at WN, Smisek's got 20 years with CO and UA. Parker has job-hopped between AA, NW, HP, US, and is now back at AA.... Dave Cush at VX is a careerist, and so is Robin Hayes at B6. Ben Baldanza is a lifer, too. Jerry Atkin at Skywest? Lifer. Bryan Bedford at Republic? 20+ years.

So, who exactly fits your definition of temporary?...
right now they aren't temporary but look at the leadership before this round.... 

I don't know if, other than Gerry because he retired and was at Delta for years and then WA before that, any of those CEOs are having anything to do with the industry. Most of the ones that ran the companies into the ground in the 90s are also gone. (I know thats the case for the majority of the upper management at Delta. Hell I think Ron Allen is the CEO of one of the auto parts stores now.....) 

you're "demons behind every doorknob" mindset is getting to you again, I see.

I clearly say golden parachutes are wrong. I didn't give anyone a pass.

WorldTraveler said:
you're "demons behind every doorknob" mindset is getting to you again, I see.

I clearly say golden parachutes are wrong. I didn't give anyone a pass.
You did you post full of contradiction like always 

"I am not at all saying that the golden parachutes were right - but they also existed at other airlines and they also existed at other companies outside of the airline industry."
the bold part however is simply saying that because Delta just followed the crowd its kind of okay. 

no, I didn't say that they were right because they existed elsewhere.

I said Mullin did the same thing that existed at plenty of other companies.

the fact that tens of thousands of people kill other people in the US every year doesn't make it right.

to try to argue that I said it does is sheer foolishness on your part.

well you dont really have much intelligence to begin with given your pro dl diatribes crap you post on here anyways.   but the simple fact is  YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO will represent and furthermore you do not know for a FACT if DL ramp and FAs will end up being the IAM represented group  You are nothing more than an anti union anti worker who took the dough and ran   

of course I don't know what DL people will do but the economic argument is strongly AGAINST the IAM for DL people, esp. given that unionization is likely to result in a cut in pay for DL people or at least a substantial slowdown in the rate that DL FAs have been seeing compensation increases.

it cannot both be true that DL people have been compensated above average in order to keep unions out (which is what Kev said for years and something I have repeatedly agreed with him) and also that unionization will result in DL spending even more money than did when that workgroup was non-union.

robbedagain said:
so its ok for you to turn every flipping thread into your very own personel biased pro dl bs but its not ok for posters such as 700 to give their opinions    man you seriously need professional mental help   youre so dam arrogant and stuck up dl tail you cant even admit your wrong on issues     

southwind  thanks for your response but i gotta say this  should the IAM get in at DL for FAs and ACS  would your statement also apply to you or would you be a union dues objector
Not quite sure what you asking but, personally, I would never cross a picket line.
And also believe "NO" union should cross another line either...even if there is bad blood, because, as said earlier.....what comes around, goes around!

the way u said u made ur bed now sleep in it     would that statement apply to you should the IAM get in officially?    I agree with you on the rest of the post  and I too would never cross the line    No union should cross the line   if one goes on strike the rest of the unions should honor the striking union
Its also my belief that DL folks should be represented by a union whether or not its the IAM      I am happy to be in the union  even though in the past they have made mistakes  it appears to me that the IAM PMUS learned valuable lessons from their own mistakes at UA     I do hope the membership there will learn from this time so that it does not repeat itself.     As far as unions in the airline goes its definitely needed 

but the IAM DID cross the line at NW against AMFA.

based on your "NEVER" there should not be a plausible reason they should have.

you can't accept that the organization that you would give your firstborn to simply doesn't follow thru in real life on the values you hold or that they preach.

the only reason a union is needed at DL is if currently non-union people want to see their current economic situation deteriorate.

Kevin couldn't be right that DL has paid its non-union personnel a premium to keep the unions out and also expect that they good times will just keep rolling and do so at even greater speeds after a union.

the whole reason Kev wants to disown his previous statement (or at least he refuses to acknowledge what he said was true) is because I have now pointed out the inconsistent logic and he wouldn't dare back off on his IAM goals even if they are completely illogical and he knows it.

WorldTraveler said:
but the IAM DID cross the line at NW against AMFA.

based on your "NEVER" there should not be a plausible reason they should have.

you can't accept that the organization that you would give your firstborn to simply doesn't follow thru in real life on the values you hold or that they preach.

the only reason a union is needed at DL is if currently non-union people want to see their current economic situation deteriorate.

Kevin couldn't be right that DL has paid its non-union personnel a premium to keep the unions out and also expect that they good times will just keep rolling and do so at even greater speeds after a union.

the whole reason Kev wants to disown his previous statement (or at least he refuses to acknowledge what he said was true) is because I have now pointed out the inconsistent logic and he wouldn't dare back off on his IAM goals even if they are completely illogical and he knows it.
are you freaking kidding me? Hello pot! you do that **** all the time. You say all the time how you don't agree with Delta doing this or that but then make excuse after excuse how its okay because its Delta. GMAFB.

700UW said:
And so did ALPA, AFA, TWU and the IBT.
While ALPA and the AFA (thought it was PFAA at the time?) didn't honor the strike I don't call them scabs. 

even with that, IAM not only found workers to help replace AMFA members, they had current workers do struck work. Its a joke of a union for that. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back