Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: 1 person
And it pays to belong to a union:

Well look at this for ALL IAM employees at WN:

Southwest Me-Too Clauses

January 5, 2016

To the IAM Membership at Southwest Airlines:​
 ​
As you have seen, the TWU has a tentative agreement with their Ops and Ramp agents. Congratulations to them. Like negotiations with many companies with multiple unions on the property, each union follows the other and gets more, in essence, leap-frogging each other. The IAM anticipated this when we negotiated your agreement, and to protect our members, we negotiated clauses on several issues to insure gains made by others would apply to IAM workers.

There are three so called “me too” clauses that could be an issue with the TWU agreement. The first states that if the TWU group receives a greater wage rate percentage increase and/or bonus percentage increase than us, we will receive that higher wage/bonus adjustment. The second protection clause relates to retro pay, with the same language as wages – if they get something higher, we get that too. The third protection is related to 401k contributions, again with the same language. In this TA, it appears the TWU will have a higher wage increase than what we have in our agreement.

The IAM negotiated protections provide the increased benefits at the same time they take effect for the TWU membership. If this TA is ratified by the Southwest TWU membership that would trigger the protections we have in place in our agreement. We have received many calls and emails asking about these protections, what they say and where are they in the contract. The protection agreements are signed negotiation documents, which are not in the contract book, but are the official record of negotiations.

At this point, we first must wait to see if the TWU TA ratifies. If that occurs, we will immediately set up a meeting with Southwest to discuss our IAM negotiated protection agreements. In the meantime, watch our website for any updates, don’t listen to rumors, get the facts from your General Chairs.
Fraternally,​
Dave Supplee
PRESIDENT & DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIR​

700UW said:
And it pays to belong to a union:

Well look at this for ALL IAM employees at WN:

Southwest Me-Too Clauses

January 5, 2016

To the IAM Membership at Southwest Airlines:

As you have seen, the TWU has a tentative agreement with their Ops and Ramp agents. Congratulations to them. Like negotiations with many companies with multiple unions on the property, each union follows the other and gets more, in essence, leap-frogging each other. The IAM anticipated this when we negotiated your agreement, and to protect our members, we negotiated clauses on several issues to insure gains made by others would apply to IAM workers.

There are three so called “me too” clauses that could be an issue with the TWU agreement. The first states that if the TWU group receives a greater wage rate percentage increase and/or bonus percentage increase than us, we will receive that higher wage/bonus adjustment. The second protection clause relates to retro pay, with the same language as wages – if they get something higher, we get that too. The third protection is related to 401k contributions, again with the same language. In this TA, it appears the TWU will have a higher wage increase than what we have in our agreement.

The IAM negotiated protections provide the increased benefits at the same time they take effect for the TWU membership. If this TA is ratified by the Southwest TWU membership that would trigger the protections we have in place in our agreement. We have received many calls and emails asking about these protections, what they say and where are they in the contract. The protection agreements are signed negotiation documents, which are not in the contract book, but are the official record of negotiations.

At this point, we first must wait to see if the TWU TA ratifies. If that occurs, we will immediately set up a meeting with Southwest to discuss our IAM negotiated protection agreements. In the meantime, watch our website for any updates, don’t listen to rumors, get the facts from your General Chairs.
Fraternally,​
Dave Supplee
PRESIDENT & DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIR​

Tell that to the XJT FA's 
who've been
waiting/wasting
4 years with IAM 

Reactions: 3 people
12489390_1092609220763140_2860686582811798355_o.jpg

I don't mind only getting paid for first place, but I do mind the unilateral way this change was made.

They have also changed a separate system called "My Delta Rewards."

Not for nothing, both of these moves will likely impact me negatively financially.

Kev3188 said:
I don't mind only getting paid for first place, but I do mind the unilateral way this change was made.
They have also changed a separate system called "My Delta Rewards."
Not for nothing, both of these moves will likely impact me negatively financially.
I didn't know they made changes to My Delta Rewards.... What were they?

Interesting how when we were earning money from Sky Bucs and MDR points,
We were told by the IAM that the money earned wasn't and shouldn't be considered "pay".
Now they are changing their story with this funny little meme.
Hippocrates
But I would t expect anything less from them and those here who
Regurgitate their trash.

I hadnt ever seen anything from the IAM about either program until this thread.

I assume you weren't referring to me, but relating my own experience isn't "regurgitating" anything.

townpete said:

Tell that to the XJT FA's 
who've been 
waiting/wasting 
4 years with IAM 

do you have a point or are you just going to keep posting the same thing over and over again?

Kev3188 said:
In my station we were told the budget for MDR points was being significantly reduced going forward.

Thanks for the heads-up, i was unaware of this. Although to be fair, we've always said it was damn near impossible for 120 personnel to earn any points for MDR, at least on an individual basis. We do get the normal monthly points if station goals are met but then again so does everyone else. Unlike the 125 folks, who are routinely awarded points for simply tagging a bag HEAVY or working a quick turn, it damn near takes an act of Congress for a 120 employee to get awarded any points.

Status
Not open for further replies.