Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BABABOOY said:
Interesting how when we were earning money from Sky Bucs and MDR points,
We were told by the IAM that the money earned wasn't and shouldn't be considered "pay".
Now they are changing their story with this funny little meme.
Hippocrates
But I would t expect anything less from them and those here who
Regurgitate their trash.
Yep! They did the same thing concerning profit sharing!

Old IAM mantra " We want more guaranteed money in ours checks vs. unguaranteed money in Profit sharing!"

New IAM mantra " They're taking away profit sharing (unguaranteed money) to fund the FOUTEEN PERCENT RAISE (guaranteed money)

What a joke!

One thing I can tell from this forum......union peeps are NEVER happy!

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
How many times are you going to ask the same question?
As many times as it takes for someone to answer whether or not all cards have been delivered to determine whether or not a vote will even take place and if they have not all been delivered, why?

Should it really take more than twelve months to send cards and receive them back from potential voters? No!

Reactions: 2 people
Pays to belong to a union and work under a CBA!

Local Lodge 709, Marietta GA, made a presentation for a large arbitration award to member Doug Miller who was wrongly fired by employer Lockheed Martin.

Brother Miller is an inspector, and was acting to blow the whistle on Lockheed Management that wasn't following safety procedures, and was fired in retaliation. Grand Lodge Representative Dave Porter argued the case for the IAM, and Arbitrator Ed W. Bankston found for Brother Miller on every point, and ordered Lockheed Martin to reinstate him, purge his record of the disciplinary actions, and pay him all backpay while he was off work.

Southern Territory General Vice President Mark Blondin attended the presentation and said, "This is what a strong IAM contract is about - where workers don't have to be afraid to point out safety issues, and their voice on the job is protected. I want to commend GLR Porter, who did a professional job in presenting our case. Thanks to Brother Miller, who stood his ground and did the right thing."

12439209_734837419951539_3908540186487187710_n.jpg

Left to Right, James Kuhn, Shop Steward and witness, Southern Territory General Vice President Mark Blondin, LL 709 Busijness Representative James Butler, Doug Miller, LL 709 Directing Business Representative Perry Gulledge, Grand Lodge Representative Dave Porter, Grand Lodge Representative Joey Slaton, Jason Schroeder, member of Senior Negotiating Committee and witness. ‪#‎itpaystobeunion‬ ‪#‎iamamachinist‬

12573195_1096968363660559_4148938672288904704_n.jpg

Delta decides to remove 1 position from the 777

Allison says it saves the company $5 million a year.

So, we work short, work harder, don't receive short crew pay like our industry peers AND we're supposed to take home the coveted JD Power and Associates award.

Truth is, it's just one more giveback to pay for our raise. Sad indeed.

Request your card NOW: http://www.iamdelta.net/acard/

#StillHere
#StillRight
#IAMSigning

Reactions: 1 person
Our Voices: Delta Flight Attendant Explains Why Union Representation is Needed

I am reading the Pilot opener:

http://xppoi1nm5s92xm932cfvmdqnr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/…/…

Wow. My heart is racing and I feel anxious. And sad. So sad. As I ponder our current situation of "at will" status, I can't help but wonder what our openers would be if we were in a contract negotiations for the Delta Flight Attendants. We deserve the industry's best pay, benefits and work-rules, just as Delta Pilots do. But that's not our reality.

Delta is one of the most profitable airlines in the industry, largely due to our past sacrifices, our day to day contributions and our professionalism. Delta is now run by an executive team which, in their own words from the recent Investor Day Conference, "treats the operation as a business, not a club."

Yes, a business. Not a club. Not a family. A business. Seems to me, we may want some say in those business decisions that invariably affect our lives. Just as Delta Pilots do.

The relationship the Delta Pilots have with Delta management is mature, business-like and rooted in mutual respect. Yet our relationship with Delta management is more like child and parent. Guess who's the child.

The Delta Flight Attendant is a true professional. A resilient first responder and protector of aircraft and passengers. A vast majority of us have dedicated decades of service through all kinds of financial, social and economic ups and downs. Experiencing good times and weathering the bad times, which have at times resulted in pay cuts and a diminished quality of life.
Fast forward to now. The best times ever financially, yet we still see our company slowly removing, lessening or degrading aspects of our wages, benefits and working conditions. We have not been restored to our pre-bankruptcy total compensation. Things like vacation, sick-time, health care costs, work rules, duty and rest parameters and many, many other items.
Most recently our "Shared Rewards" formula has been altered, our profit sharing calculations slashed, our health care costs increased and our working space severely altered and diminished. All in the name of profit and revenue. All in the best financial times ever.

The Delta Flight Attendants work every day to differentiate Delta from our competitors. Not only through our focus on safety, but also by providing world class customer service. We applaud the fact that Delta Air Lines is a clear leader in our industry in terms of profitability, operational performance and customer satisfaction.

However, Delta did not rise from the ashes of bankruptcy to post successive record breaking years of profit without our sacrifices. Delta Flight Attendants' compensation should reflect the financial concessions that were instrumental to Delta's survival, but also the unique Flight Attendant skill-set and dedication that have been crucial to propelling Delta beyond industry standard in corporate performance.

So, I ask you to read the Delta Pilot opener, and see for yourself what a mature, professional relationship looks like and then ask yourself: Do I want to continue to wait, wonder and hope for my quality of life improvements and future protections?
Or, do I want a choice? A choice to negotiate professionally for my future and for the continued advancement of our profession.

I know how I feel. I have signed my authorization card and ask you to do the same.

We deserve the right to have a fair election and to let the most valued Flight Attendants have their voices heard.

--Laurie Gandrud, 25-year Delta Flight Attendant

If you don't have an election authorization card (a-card) handy, click the link, fill-out the online form and we'll mail one out to you.
http://www.iamdelta.net/acard/
‪#‎StillHere‬
‪#‎StillRight‬
‪#‎IAMSigning‬

Rat in the IAM woodpile... and all of 2015 the ORD XJT FAs were never told that this happened (2014 LM3 filed with the DOL)... what else has been "hiddden from the membership" 
(see the very bottom)

12400729_10205623482451756_6319626073888093072_n.jpg

It is an LM2 and every union has to file one with the government every year accounting for every penny spent, unlike a corporation.

And the IAM turns in anyone who steals from the local, district or international.

So one person steals so 750,000 are thieves?

700UW said:
It is an LM2 and every union has to file one with the government every year accounting for every penny spent, unlike a corporation.

And the IAM turns in anyone who steals from the local, district or international.

So one person steals so 750,000 are thieves?

Just another shady incident among all the other shady incidents = massive PR disaster.

Just curious townpete do u think the clowns running xjt are innocent? Ill guarantee u one thing theyre not piedmont (en) mgmt just as guilty as any other mgmt at all of the airlines at en back in 04 n 05 they gave n us a whopper of a raise...1.25 then after the failed attempts courtesy of mgmt interference they took our raises back

700UW said:
Massive?
Wow, your reaching.

Like you're not reaching with your 777 post?
Are you going to tell the real story of the staffing changes
or didn't your  FB friends at WCDFA tell you?
Regurgitation again 
go run now and ask....

Did you actually read the memo?
if so, then you know its not as cut and dry.  there is a big BUT.....
lets see if his FB friends over at WCDFA can coach him.

Status
Not open for further replies.