IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
From pjirish..last thread....

Quote:

We all need to understand that the company WANTS the CIC language OUT of our CBA. The company WANTS our profit sharing. The company WANTS a 2 or 3 year extension. In fact you could go so far as say they NEED these things from us. What are we going to get for these. SQUAT with canoli running the ship. He has not done enough fighting for Fleet, but he sure as heck faught for the company didn't he. Trying to sell us out. IMO we should not have to pay for our own raises as AH pointed out in his letter to fleet. That little line (in exchange for). We should not have too "exchange for" anything. If the company is he$% bent on getting these things from us, they better come off the hip, if you know what I mean. That should include substantial wage increases, scope, job, and merger protections, vacation, doubletime, shift differential, sick time, the 60 day rule eliminated without prejudice, DOH, ect, ect, ect. We all want these things, but what we must ask ourselves is, what will we accept. For everybody this answer is going to be different. But maybee somewhere in the middle is where we all can meet and have a decent agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok…Y’all…

This is what this whole thread should be about! Very simply put… Fleet Service should not compromise anything!

Read the above post by pjirish thoroughly … read Mr. Nelsons post’s regarding industry standard compensation packages. Form an opinion based on that criteria, and stick to it!

In spite of what Tommy Boy… and 700 think… we (Fleet) will prevail in obtaining the absolute best agreement possible by exercising our collective bargaining solidarity.

You wont get everything you want, negotiations are a compromise.

I would bet the house on it, you can reject every offer and work under the current CBAs and wait years to get a new CBA through section 6 negotiations.

You wont get everything you want, negotiations are a compromise.

I would bet the house on it, you can reject every offer and work under the current CBAs and wait years to get a new CBA through section 6 negotiations.
Irrelevant......No dog in this fight. No risk at all.

The company needs several things from Fleet Service. Their future plans are being held up because of this.

The company needs several things from Fleet Service. Their future plans are being held up because of this.
this is the bottom line they would not even by coming to the table if it not for whatever scheme DP has cookin

this is the bottom line they would not even by coming to the table if it not for whatever scheme DP has cookin
Bingo!
The company's CEO is known as perhaps the most aggressive player in merger takeovers, however, he has been silent since he was brilliant enough to put together $9 billion on Delta.

Hemenway would not be at the table until 2009 and would not have proposed a 31% compensation increase for the mechanics over 5 years if not for a card he's holding that has merger written all over it.

Fleet service will not accept any contract unless it is fair and equitable. And if our negotiators have to walk away next week then all the blame will rest solely on Hemenway's shoulders.

Fleet service need not be anxious, if we wait, we may actually force Hemenway to play that merger card which has to be played before summer. In that case, fleet service will be 'well positioned' to get a fair agreement. The alternative is $21.43hr with wages up to $26hr if not.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Fleet service will not accept any contract unless it is fair and equitable. And if our negotiators have to walk away next week then all the blame will rest solely on Hemenway's shoulders.

Fleet service need not be anxious, if we wait, we may actually force Hemenway to play that merger card which has to be played before summer. In that case, fleet service will be 'well positioned' to get a fair agreement. The alternative is $21.43hr with wages up to $26hr if not.

I can’t speak for the other west guys , but I for one sure hope we have another merger where the CIC can come into play again , I really look forward to waiting for years on end to see how the legal battle between the IAM and company would play out ! Factor in the time from the start of the next new merger and the length of the delay in any court ordering the company to pay the new wages , and that means \BACKPAY checks to all the east guys! Whoo hooo! Cha ching!!! Meanwhile we here in the west will continue to feast on caviar and wine every day and night while we enjoy our TWU contract during the worst economic downturn in decades …

Oh by the way I’m being totally sarcastic .

I agree with Tim. If a fair and equitable offer is not put forth the negotiators should walk away again. The company will come back because of what is needed from us (Fleet). Cost neutral is not acceptable.

I think rather than walk away , our people should just sit there in silence and look at them saying nothing when the company offers up a shitty TA …. Just stare them down .. Let the company men get up and leave the room feeling all freaked out ..

This would truly express our sentiment ….

I think rather than walk away , our people should just sit there in silence and look at them saying nothing when the company offers up a shitty TA …. Just stare them down .. Let the company men get up and leave the room feeling all freaked out ..

This would truly express our sentiment ….
Freedom, to be sure, everyone wants a fair and equitable contract today. The same could be said this past September. Unfortunately, to date, Hemenway has not shown that he is bright enough to find a solution to achieve this. Further, he has stumbled on the meaning of the September mandate from fleet service and his interpretaion of it is in error. It's called respect and Hemenway is going to have to find a solution in the context of respect and dignity if he wants to truly transition fleet service before a merger. In fairness to Hemenway, I believe Randy Canale has misrepresented the resolve of fleet service and the wants of fleet service. Remember, one thing in Hemenway's letter that was said was that the union leadership [Canale] agreed to merge west in with east. Canale denies this to this day but I don't think Hemenway was flat out lying because our LAS network informed us that Boss Canale was running at the mouth testifying to this down in LAS in early February. IMO, after Canale took a 'senseless beating' during the month of February with nominations, he realized he couldn't just 'screw us over again' and he also realized he would have got a 'severe bi### slap' if he ever crossed fleet service again.

I understand the views of those in PHX, however, the vast majority of the west is now with the east on its resolve to wait for a fair and equitable contract. In fact, our network has expanded so much in the west that we now have established additional informational network coordinators out there.

Even PHX is more with us, however, the vast majority of PHX is mostly with itself. Although I don't put you in this group, most of PHX I'm sure would vote for any contract that contains just a $1 buck raise, even if that meant losing other benefits. There is no leadership in PHX that has been able to convince the rank and file there of the real pitfalls of a new contract that is not fair.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Another way Boss Canale isn't doing his job is that he is not enforcing the contract's union shop article. I know here in ORD i've had guys sign up their dues checkoff withdrawal forms a few times and still no dues are being taken out of their checks. Many in my station are not paying dues and this has been going on now for several months. I've done this with the assistance of the Local but the processing ends with the District. When I found out that the District isn't processing these and not enforcing the contract on this item, I sent word to other stations. Much to my surprise, PHX has a few hundered not paying dues. Plenty of East stations have workers not paying dues because the District is not doing its job.
My concern is that the senior workers are flippn the bill and some junior workers, who have not paid one penny, are voting on our contracts when they are not entitled to. It's in the contract and it's non-negotiable. Just isn't fair and this also affects the IAM pension plan.

Another fella told me that Boss Canale isn't enforcing this because of political gain as he wants to limit US AIRWAYS votes against him.

At any rate, I know the TWU had this problem with the company and they informed the company that it wasn't enforcing the contract and that the company would become responsible for the back dues and NOT the members. The company immediately started enforcing the contract after that. I suggest for Randy Canale to get off his lazy butt and notify the company to start enforcing the contract or it, not the members, will be responsible for all the back dues. IMO, the number of workers NOT paying dues is over 1,000 of the 8,000 fleet workers, probably closer to 1,500. This is absurd!

regards,
Tim Nelson

Folks I'm going to remind everyone that anyone has a right to post in these thread as LONG AS THEY STAY ON TOPIC & NOT MAKE IT PERSONAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back