IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot import food to another country, there are regulations on that, just like the US has.

Do you realize that all trash on inbound international flights are steamed and/or burned and has to have special procedures issued by the FDA and Customs?

This is from England:

You can’t bring meat, meat products, milk, dairy products or potatoes into the UK from most countries outside the EU.

From the European Union Regulations:

If you are arriving in the EU, from a country not mentioned above, you may not bring with you any meat or dairy products without official veterinary documentation. This is to prevent serious animal diseases from being brought into the EU

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Yes ma'am I still do get crew meals on some flights. If we don't, there is always food left over on the international flights. Not a problem. I would rather be paid more and bring my own food, which I am guaranteed to like, than rely on a company provided crew meal. Maybe that is just me, but please do enjoy that meal. I also get 36 hours off after international trips sometimes even 48, which only I can reduce. But if you had any knowledge of our contract, you would know that. Why would I want 36 hours off after every trip? I commute and want to get it over with, not sit around for a day and a half waiting to be able to go back to work. Yes, we can do international and domestic in a given month. Sometimes, even on reserve. I don't want to though. I would guess 90% or more of the people that fly international have no desire to do any domestic trips. The vast majority are more than happy with the way we do it here. If they aren't, they are very new and don't want to put in their dues to get to that point, or they refuse to commute to an Int'l base. If you really read the contract or had knowledgable "friends" you would know that. Yes we can also bid Europe and Asia. There is no restriction to doing one or the other. As a matter of fact, some lines for OCT. have PVG and LHR on them. Some pure lines, some not. WOW, I can see why your work rules are so much better. One of the biggest differences in the way we are scheduled is that we, AA, prefer to be home more than it seems UA-AFA-CWA does. We go to work and come home. No mini vacation on every trip. Which is what our membership has said they want. On the call out language, it is 2 hours to sign in, but they know full well that we might not make it. They usually waive sign-in, and if you miss your flight, most are smart enough to blame it on a multitude of things. I.E. daycare, traffic, shower, car problems etc. So what else you got? Try reading the contract next time, if you really have access to one.
http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/37543-want-afa-cwa-representation-just-wait-for-the-afa-cwa-raid/?p=524001

Josh

The CBA is the CBA, seems someone on the company's side screwed up.

Bottom line is the Captain per the company and the FAA is the person in charge, and he can stop a flight.

700UW said:

Bottom line is the Captain per the company and the FAA is the person in charge, and he can stop a flight.
Sure can. Spare me the appeal that not receiving the bread roll and dessert would compromise his nourishment and ability to fly safely, but what message does it send to the customers? Even the F/A and F/O were astonished at his attitude, never mind those pesky customers.

Josh

The CBA is the CBA.

You let the company violate once, they will violate it again.

I might not agree with his actions, but the CBA is the CBA.

You probably don't care what those cumbersome passengers think (you know the ones that actually purchase tickets on the airline) that pay their salaries, but incidents like this really don't give the traveling public a favorable position on organized labor and support employees in their "fight" for justice.

Josh

One Captain's actions does not speak for the labor movement, what he did had nothing to do with the labor movement, he was on a power trip.

So I guess since you allegedly work for JP Morgan and in the past month or so they been fined for criminal activity over $20 billion, so I guess using your logic, are  you responsible for JP Morgan's criminal activity?

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
One Captain's actions does not speak for the labor movement, what he did had nothing to do with the labor movement, he was on a power trip.
Saved for future use.

700UW said:
So I guess since you allegedly work for JP Morgan and in the past month or so they been fined for criminal activity over $20 billion, so I guess using your logic, are  you responsible for JP Morgan's criminal activity?
Allegedly? You are the one who brought up my employer, not me. I will not confirm/deny either way, that is not germane to this discussion.

Josh

Its called having rules and regulations and not being an employee at will.

Why is it ok for Richard Anderson and the rest of the executives to have a Contract, but not the rank and file employees who make the company its money?
Let’s ask you why it is ok for DL’s non-union, at-will employees to have better pay and benefits and better job security than their unionized peers at other airlines.
Why is it ok that other airlines won’t be paying their employees nearly the equivalent of an extra month’s salary as profit sharing.

Explain this one genius.

If you are on a four day trip, how are you going to back food for 96 hours worth of time?

What are you in Europe or the US, cant take food in or out of the country.
And your pursuit of the argument shows how far you and organized labor will go to in order to try to manipulate an argument.

Unless I am wrong:
DL’s FAs on long-haul int’l flights DO receive crew meals.

They also receive time away from base pay as do most FAs in order to pay for their meal expenses when out of their base.

Great picture, accurate as well. (No one around the table) birds chirping.....

Getting personal and calling someone a "Genius" really? Ok Genius, in trying to decipher you message, (kinda hard) but it sounds like your trying to say you can't take food in or out of the US..since when can you NOT take food in or out of the US? Inbound to the US, yes there are restrictions but you CAN, you just have to declare. Inbound to most European cities there are NOT restrictions. This is the problem on this site when a certain few can't argue the facts and get personal.
And once again 700s line of thinking in a debate with an active, actual Delta FA (one of the very few active DL FAs who bother to frequent this site) shows how far you as a representative of organized labor go to in order to try to convince SOMEONE that organized labor offers a better deal. Problem is that it isn’t enough of the DL FAs to elect representatives – and they have voted REPEATEDLY and CONSISTENTLY that they aren’t buying what organized labor is selling.

Meanwhile, this board is full of debates among ACTUAL unionized airline employees who find plenty lacking from their unions.

This board truly is the best thing to ensure that DL employees don’t vote in any further unions.
700 is the poster child for why organized labor is the worst decision DL employees could ever make.

And you have described why organized labor has not worked in the airline industry and why DL employees aren’t interested. DL’s pilots have the best relationship with mgmt among their peers and are enjoying some of the best pay and benefits – and they too will enjoy profit sharing that other airlines simply cannot and will not offer their employees.

You keep arguing about sandwiches, 700, while you preside over a dying movement that no one is interested in.
DL employees will continue to run the best airline in the US and will continue to benefit mightily from the success of their company.

Baba,
We need to see you around here more often.

Now that both NW and DL crews are finally one, we are experiencing each others differences on issues .
 Here is an example.  Captain tells me (Purser) that they don't have enough pillows and blankets for their crew rest (needed two more blankets and 2 more pillows) and that we will not depart until we get them.  I get in touch with the agent and notify them.  At 5 min before departure she comes down and says they are having trouble contacting workers to get the pillows and blankets.  
I ask her if all the Business Elite passengers  have boarded. Yes. I go to the two empty seats and grab the pillow and blankets and hand them to her to give the capt.  Case closed.  The flight attendant working with me see's this and states that I shouldn't have done this and they needed to learn to supply correctly.   I asked if this is how it was done at NW?  She said yes.  I asked her if she really thought we should be delayed to make a point?  Yes......SMH  I want no part of that divisiveness.  At Delta we work together to get things done.  I will continue to fight to keep that mentality away.   

Now you are really showing your ignorance, FROM  the article you linked and references to :  "Flight attendants can increase their salaries with International pay, lead flight attendant and purser pay, flex pay, overtime pay and other forms of incentive pay not included in pay calculations.
Per diem is also not included in these charts.  Per diem rates are based on hours away from base.  They currently are around $2.00 US an hour.

Show some real figures than a link to a very sparse comparison....

The link did make me laugh though   thanks for that....

he doesn't care about accuracy or even bothering to read the BOLD type in the article... never has. His point is to try to find whatever mud he can throw and hope it sticks.

The data also specifically states it is not current (we are in 2014, hello) which means it doesn't include pay raises which DL FAs have gained - as have some other FA groups.

WN doesn't fly to Asia, Europe, S. America, or any other longhaul international flight where many DL FAs can earn their money far faster, with premiums, and providing service which they enjoy providing. Does WN even pay a language premium?

It also certainly doesn't include profit sharing which for ALL DL employees will equate to nearly one month's extra salary. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that when these figures are increased by 8-10%, the order changes considerably.

Baba,
thanks for your story.

The best part is that DL employees who choose to make statements like hold a plane at the gate instead of working to creatively solve problems will find very little support.

You probably don't care what those cumbersome passengers think (you know the ones that actually purchase tickets on the airline) that pay their salaries, but incidents like this really don't give the traveling public a favorable position on organized labor and support employees in their "fight" for justice.

Josh
700 must get paid for every post he writes trying to sell the union. Too bad he isn't paid on a commission basis where the pay would be a big fat goose egg.

How many less unionized FAs were in the US the day the NMB ruled on the DL-NW merger representation votes? Should have been a pay deduction for 700.

DL FAs aren't buying because organized labor doesn't offer anything of value and instead adds a whole lot of baggage which DL employees don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts