It's out

how come on the internal job posting site those "temp" jobs are now "perm"? MAYBE because no one is stupid enough to try for those jobs?

Not only are they now "perm" spots, but they're also going unfilled (often in places that were very popular prior previously). Why move just to get laid off?

From the IAM website;
May 5, 2006 (Taken from Wired To The Prez)
ESSC and SIMOP
The Mediator has called both the IAM and NWA back into negotiations starting Monday May 8, 2006 in Minneapolis. Please continue to monitor the District 143 website for any updates on the negotiation situation. We will update both the website (www.iam143.org) and the hotline (1-800-392-6554) as developments occur.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I can't wait to see what Bobby Disgrace comes up with now!

From the IAM website;
May 5, 2006 (Taken from Wired To The Prez)
ESSC and SIMOP
The Mediator has called both the IAM and NWA back into negotiations starting Monday May 8, 2006 in Minneapolis. Please continue to monitor the District 143 website for any updates on the negotiation situation. We will update both the website (www.iam143.org) and the hotline (1-800-392-6554) as developments occur.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I can't wait to see what Bobby Disgrace comes up with now!
It's like this....Bobby Disgrace:So..what do you want Dougie?..
Dougie:I want all your union people out of here and I will make it worth your while.
Bobby Disgrace:....emmm aahh ...ok,but how will I be able to keep making my salary?
Dougie:...just raise the dues you dumb a#$ :shock:

Another big heapin' helpin' of nothing:

May 12, 2005 (Taken from Wired To The Prez)NWA
ESSC and SIMOP
ESSC and SIMOP negotiators have met with the Company throughout this week in attempts to reach agreement on outstanding negotiation issues. To date, after many tries, we have been unable to resolve the issues that caused the failed vote on the Company offer. We have advised the Company of the issues that need to be resolved before the IAM negotiating team will recommend a yes vote. The ball is in the Company’s court now. If no agreement is reached, then the 1113© trial will resume on Monday, May 15, 2006 and we will take our case before the judge.

The court proceedings will be in New York City. P/DGC Bobby De Pace will be present at the proceedings along with IAM International representatives. Your IAM negotiators will be at the ready to negotiate with the Company either in New York City or in Minneapolis.

Good thing DePace will be on hand...NOT. :down:

The man is like a desert wind; nothing but hot air.

Another big heapin' helpin' of nothing:

...ESSC and SIMOP negotiators have met with the Company throughout this week in attempts to reach agreement on outstanding negotiation issues. To date, after many tries, we have been unable to resolve the issues that caused the failed vote on the Company offer...... P/DGC Bobby De Pace will be present at the proceedings along with IAM International representatives. Your IAM negotiators will be at the ready to negotiate with the Company....Good thing DePace will be on hand...NOT. :down:

The man is like a desert wind; nothing but hot air.

I'm afraid the IAM is too far down in someone's pocket to climb out...Bobby DePace is taking orders from the IAM higher-ups and they are most likely getting greased by a portion of the $100M nwa strike contingency war chest. That money is conveniently allocated before the BK filing...thoughts???

The IAM strike fund is probably worth more then that, and it is not just for NW IAM Members it is for all the IAM members on strike.

Speaking from experience, the judge will screw you like he did to US at US Airways.

The IAM strike fund is probably worth more then that, and it is not just for NW IAM Members it is for all the IAM members on strike.

Speaking from experience, the judge will screw you like he did to US at US Airways.

I would seriously doubt that the IAM "strike fund" has a REAL dime in it. On paper it is there "at the ready" but more than likely the reason the IAM 143 won't bring a vote for strike authorization is that the IAM higher-ups know there isn't any real money in the fund. Hence the constant "rolling over" by the negotiating committee...at the behest of Bobby DePace (puppet boy). I mean think about it...this BIG pile of cash, donated to the IAM by it's membership, racking up the interest, untouched for 20 years. You're a fat cat IAM cigar smoking boss and you see AAALLLLLLL that beautiful money. Use your imagination here guys...Judge in pocket, local IAM leadership in pocket, membership scared to death of a strike..CHA_CHING...ITS PAYDAY!!!!

The strike fund is real, the interest off it runs Placid Harbor.

It is a total seperate account.

The strike has and will continue to pay benefits for striking members, it pays out everytime a strike occurs and last for two weeks or more.

Sorry 777UW if I wasn't clear enough...That $100M is the money that nwa set aside to fight the AMFA action. They used part of it to hire SCABs and keep them in hotels in AZ (which they didn't pay after entering BK). THey used part of it to pay for security guards at the terminals and entry gates and for the PR campaign to bust the union...again, sorry for the confusion. On the other hand the IAM strike fund is most certainly safely tucked away in a swiss bank somewhere... B)

Ah, I see some ignorance.

Every single penny a union takes in, pays out or saves is on file with the federal government, guess you never heard of the Landrum-Griffith Act.

Ah, I see some ignorance.

Every single penny a union takes in, pays out or saves is on file with the federal government, guess you never heard of the Landrum-Griffith Act.

I wouldn't call it ignorance 700...more like a healthy dose of skepticism. After having been an IAM member, then an AMFA member and working for a company bent on screwing me. Mix that with a touch of "conspiracy theoryitis" and you have my opinion. But in the spirit of keeping it light-hearted I say I just DON'T TRUST too many folks. At the top of my list is the federal government...TOO BIG!
Also with the exception of the greenbacks that most folks have in their wallets and the piddly amount in banks the rest of the money (the vast percentage of it) is in cyberspace. The Landrum-Griffith ACT is all well and good, but until law breaking is discovered evil men will always try to circumvent the law....and at least that is still a fact.

I'm afraid the IAM is too far down in someone's pocket to climb out...Bobby DePace is taking orders from the IAM higher-ups and they are most likely getting greased by a portion of the $100M nwa strike contingency war chest. That money is conveniently allocated before the BK filing...thoughts???

Bobby DePace and malfeasance go hand in hand...Seriously, nothing he does/will do would suprise me. You'd think with an election coming up, he'd be doing whatever he could to "secure his future," but here we are.

By the way, I sent an e-mail to DL143 asking why there no updates to the website recently (it's since been updated), and received an auto-reply that they would pass along my message to DePace "for his information." WTF? :angry:

Probably no worse than the IAM is already doing on it's own. You know, it doesn't help that NW stole several pages out of the USAir playbook; if you look at what NW wants, you can see it was lifted-almost verbatim-from what was shoved down the FSA's collective throat at US. Cohen and the IAM both are nothing if not consistent.

Guess we'll know more in a few hours....