Judge Blocks NW f/as right to strike

THE F/AS ARE IN A GREAT POSITION. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EMERGE FROM BK AND RECEIVE THEIR NEW STOCK ALLOTMENT.The f/as need to reduce those consession drastically! Management will have to comply because the judge can not TRO them for long!!

NW GIVE THEM HELL!!!! AND SAVE THE INDUSTRY AND LABOR!
The judge will not be able to prevent CHAOS for long...he doesn't have the legal authority to do so.

All of the labor websites need to show their solidarity and support for the NW f/as and inform all the members of this plight and fight!!!!

WE SUPPORT YOU NW FLIGHT ATTENDANTS! AFA LEGAL NEEDS TO FILE AN APPEAL ASAP AND BRING IN THE MEDIA ON THIS BLATANT ILLEGAL ACTION BY THE FEDERAL JUDGE
Be quiet dumb a--! Afa and any other union is in bed with management. NW F/a's will not strike and you know it!!!! Get with the real world... :down:

Bob,

$179 million quarter profit is so much of an improvement from $300 million loss, or $1 billion end of year loss.

That is what these legacies have had been reporting in BK.

You gave your opinion that you don't think now is a good time for CHAOS...

For the retort you gave above is even more compelling for an argument FOR a job action from the NW f/as.

Time to do CHAOS and PUT SCABBY PATCH AIR out of BUSINESS.
There is absolutely NO EXCUSES for that filthy low down rotten smelly mgmt at SCABBY PATCH AIR to say they make a profit and yet demand a huge paycut and benefits cut while they themselves are LINING THEIR FAT POCKETS

I support you F/As all the way CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS

All the judge did was delay to study the legality of the cooling off period.

If the F/A's still want to make a statement, and their objective is chaos, why don't they quit? Not an organized job action, but an individual choice not too work anymore. The result will be the same.

This is not forced labor, Americans have the choice to get up and go to work for the pay and benefits offered...or not.

Very strange decision indeed??? The Judge must have a ton of FF miles or some other interest in the company. Guess there is no such thing as employee rights anymore. Any thought of NWA bringing back the company store and company housing similar to what the mining industry once did? :down:

Just heard on the radio that the Judge has blocked the NW f/as from a legal job action, "CHAOS".

Can someone cite where he has the right to do this and what counter action can be done to protect Labor's right to a legal strike?

I understood this to be "needs to be further studied" therefore delaying the strike effort.

I don't understand all the emotion here? I mean didn't we all see everyone from every airline take big hits on wages, benefits, and total elimination of pensions not to mention the thousands on the street. Most of this occurred to union represented airline employees. Now all of a sudden a judge rules against labor and everyone is shocked asking everyone else what they can do, everyone is so beside themselves all of a sudden. Face it people, your unions have been deballed a few years back making the dues you pay just about useless, of course you can always consider it charity to the union "professionals" who by the way are batting negative 1000.

All this fuss and NW will still fly, still prosper, still be overbooked and the union leaders will still get a pay check for doing next to nothing like has been happening for the last several years, didn't you notice?

If the F/A's still want to make a statement, and their objective is chaos, why don't they quit? Not an organized job action, but an individual choice not too work anymore. The result will be the same.

This is not forced labor, Americans have the choice to get up and go to work for the pay and benefits offered...or not.

The f/as HAD an agreement signed by the Company with work rules and wages agreed to by all. A legal agreement. The f/as did get up and go to work. Wouldn't it be great if we could all tell the people we have signed legal agreements with that "gee, fuel is high, I'm only going to pay you 40% of the car payment, mortgage, utility, tax bill, and if you don't like it, too bad." And then have the support of people like you saying to those entities, "its the American way". Funny how your tone would change if it was YOUR legally negotiated collective bargaining agreement being violated. I guess even God can't argue with ignorance.

My recommendation to you is to go find your own planet and make your own laws, champ!

The f/as HAD an agreement signed by the Company with work rules and wages agreed to by all. A legal agreement. The f/as did get up and go to work. Wouldn't it be great if we could all tell the people we have signed legal agreements with that "gee, fuel is high, I'm only going to pay you 40% of the car payment, mortgage, utility, tax bill, and if you don't like it, too bad." And then have the support of people like you saying to those entities, "its the American way". Funny how your tone would change if it was YOUR legally negotiated collective bargaining agreement being violated. I guess even God can't argue with ignorance.

HAD an agreement. And the company took the very LEGAL route of abrogating that agreement. Think of it as the old NW ceasing to exist, and the new one putting deals in place that allow it to be viable. Chapter 11 laws basically allow companies to do such within stringent requirements. The NW FA's are just the latest in a long line of front line airline workers to feel this pain.

Don't take it so personally, its business. And who is calling who ignorant - I imagine from your post you continue to work in an industry that is reversing wages and benefits. Why don't you overcome your ignorance and take your supply of labor to an employer that treats you the way you expect to be treated?

My recommendation to you is to go find your own planet and make your own laws, champ!

The laws on this one are doing alright be me. Hey, if the cooling off period comes and goes and the FA's strike - I'll be right there to support their legal right to do so (mostly to see the fireworks.)

Be quiet dumb a--! Afa and any other union is in bed with management. NW F/a's will not strike and you know it!!!! Get with the real world... :down:
ah, isn't Ray Benning on the BOD? There's no point of him being there with the exception of smoking dope with the hippie .

My take on this is that NWA-AFA should not have delayed their strike after the foiled plot in the U.K. As more time goes by, I believe the union's position becomes weaker. I am not as outraged by the judge's ruling since it just buys the bench time for a more thorough judicial review of the case. What DOES trouble me more, however, is that if the judge is going to allow for a temporary RTO blocking a strike while he reviews the case, then the status quo should have remained, meaning, NWA cannot impose new contract terms until there's a definitive ruling on the matter. It just appears rather one-sided, to me...

Yup! She's just nothing short of awesome!

She attended the Aviation forum last year in Vegas representing Labor legal in BK, and was part of the "debate" with the aviation kings. She is one impressive lady!

She also did an outstanding job for the IAM in the BK court proceedings.

Sharon Levine is part of the system that failed. She had a short leash placed on her by the IAM INTL, who fed her firm. In essance, she was the face of the IAM and it became Jerry GLass against Sharon Levine....both of them won. Glass for your company, and Levine did a masterful job for the IAM, not the workers. The workers lost.

I was part of meetings in which her legal opinion was needed to unpack the members right to strike in case there was a vote down of a contract. She chose not to give equal time to that side of an opinion but instead 'towed' the INTL union line that if a contract is voted down then the members will be without a agreement and management could make things worse. Never once did she give legal opinion on the legal positions that could the members and the union could take given a TA rejection.
Make no mistake, she recommended and towed the Bargaining Agents positon. To be sure, during the 3 rounds of concessions, there were times when the IAM/Levine 'on paper' were neutral, but the bottom line was their persuasion was towards an acceptance of an unfair TA without a rank and file fight.

OTOH, I believe the FA at NW have positioned themselves against the position of the Sharon Levine's and other big business attorneys of this world. In essance, there is no reason in the world for the FA to accept the present greed at NW which limits any returns for the FA when the airline emerges from BK.

At any rate, this whole situation is about investment. NW got what they wanted in a imposed contract but can do nothing to secure the billions of dollars it still needs for exit financing UNTIL it has signed contracts with its stews. To that end, the stews still maintain power and respect at the negotiating table. I also assume AMFA and NW will have to finally work something out in an agreement before NW can get optimum financing. Look for AMFA to compromise itself on this in a way that screws over those who struck while giving recognitions to those who crossed or were newly hired. It's the dues.

Unfortunately, the AFA won't educate its members on the effects and powers its non agreement will have on investments since it is my assumption that the AFA really wants the stews to sign the contract so the dues can start rolling in.

regards,

My take on this is that NWA-AFA should not have delayed their strike after the foiled plot in the U.K. As more time goes by, I believe the union's position becomes weaker. I am not as outraged by the judge's ruling since it just buys the bench time for a more thorough judicial review of the case. What DOES trouble me more, however, is that if the judge is going to allow for a temporary RTO blocking a strike while he reviews the case, then the status quo should have remained, meaning, NWA cannot impose new contract terms until there's a definitive ruling on the matter. It just appears rather one-sided, to me...

I tend to agree. The judge could make a ruling early next week that there is no ratified contract in place and that imposition of a contract does not bind workers to those terms as far as losing their collective ability to self-help. Also, that under the provisions of the BK code that the RLA's provisions also are not applicable to this fact pattern.

I tend to agree. The judge could make a ruling early next week that there is no ratified contract in place and that imposition of a contract does not bind workers to those terms as far as losing their collective ability to self-help. Also, that under the provisions of the BK code that the RLA's provisions also are not applicable to this fact pattern.
[/quote

If the Judge is going to impose a delay on CHAOS he should also impose a delay on the cuts. Self help is not one sided.

Back