neil Cohen

i think that the only way USAIR was going to survive the second bankruptcy was to merge. although I dont know for sure but that is what I had heard that w/o the merger we would have been liquidated.

He's trying to save an airline from liquidation. There's no way to do that without pissing off people.

I don't understand 'the big deal' about your post.

ITS A HUGE DEAL!

These characters are like infectious diseases that permeate the industry. Dump pension plans, cut wages to poverty levels (except their own compensation) and eliminate jobs. Neil Cohen's specialty is bankrutpcy...where the stock holders, employees creditors get wiped out and the taxpayers have to bear the burden to keep the airline afloat and carry dumped pension plans when the majority of the American working public don't even have their own retirment security.
At the end of the day, Neil Cohen and senior execs get their windfall when the company emerges after they convince some suckers to either by the airline or merge it.

Cohen left USAirways April, 2004 receiving over $2.5 million, plus an additional $150,000 to stay on as a consultant for the next 90 days, while Uwas in its first BK and Dave and Neil were planning the second.

These guys are "poison" to the industry! And you have the "Jack of Jacks" sitting as your CFO (as he did at U) collecting thousands and thousands of $$$ in a monthly pay check to sit you in BK and load and point the gun to the employees heads waiting for the judge to threaten to pull the trigger ona all of you.

Wake up and speak up! This was no coincidence that Neil was hired and threw your company into BK. Take action by informing the media of Neil's reputation among Labor. Picket the hell out of your airline to ensure the BOD does not captalize on your backs like they did at USAirways.

Expose them and let the public know that where these execs are or where they get hired, no one should be buying the company's stock.

What makes you say that?

It was a similar situation at UAIR where so many threats of liquidation got to a majority of the employees and they voted YES the first chance they had. I don't see it being all that different at NWA......but I hope I am proved WRONG!!

It was a similar situation at UAIR where so many threats of liquidation got to a majority of the employees and they voted YES the first chance they had. I don't see it being all that different at NWA......but I hope I am proved WRONG!!

NWA isn't threatening to liquidate. They are saying we are going to survive this and this is the way it is going to be done. Either get onboard or get off. It is a matter of choice.

Then I'd turn around and offer him a way out! "Neil, you and your entire executive staff take the same percentage pay cut as my people and we have a deal as it stands otherwise no need to talk further" and get up and leave!
NWA Executives have already taken a 25% reduction in salary over the last two years, which is equivelant to the largest reductions asked of the various work groups.

NWA Executives have already taken a 25% reduction in salary over the last two years, which is equivelant to the largest reductions asked of the various work groups.
How do you figure 25% from NWA Execs is equal to the 40% by pilots? I guess 2.5 + 4.0 = 8.1 :rolleyes:

How do you figure 25% from NWA Execs is equal to the 40% by pilots? I guess 2.5 + 4.0 = 8.1 :rolleyes:
In the end, it's likely that the pilots will see W-2 earnings decrease by roughly 20-25%, as their pay rate cut of 30-40% will be offset partially by increased hours worked (and thus paid hours). My apologies, I should have been more clear.

He can't help it! He's from the Neil Cohen School of creative accounting. He also realizes that as a mid management hack his marketability is less than the average ramper in terms of replacing his current salary. So he has chosen to live on his knees (probably under Cohen's Desk). They don't sell spines in Target finman you have to grow yor own.
I'm just providing some factual information to the group that I thought was possibly unknown. I'm not sure why that necessitates such a venomous response. Just for the record, I'm a CPA with a financial analysis background, and as such, could leave NWA at any time and garner an equal or greater salary. My choice to stay is based on my love for the airline industry and because I value the travel benefits. I'm not sure how any of this information could be condemming or incorrect in your eyes, but from your track record, I'm sure you'll think of something hateful in your reply.

Cohen is lucky to have a person like you onboard......perhaps now with a little help when asked this time during BK proceedings he will know how much he makes himself..... :up:

finman i guess you take glory in ruinging employees lives and their livelyhoods. you couldnt i guess you do enjoy your freaking free first class basis travel priviledges. I and I am sure most if not all NWA union representd employees back this up that you and your mgmt
team lose the first class travel freebies. it is very sad to see an idiot like conehead running the NWA into a cemetery

Latest posts