New B717 flying for DL

huh...
who dismissed any safety concerns? If you are talking about the carts, I SPECIFICALLY NOTED that the problem will be corrected. Can you provide a quote as to where anything was dismissed?

and who on here has any power to do anything about it?

you don't... I don't.

DL has very competent people who are responsible and will fix the problem that has been addressed and I absolutely believe Baba's statements that there are stability issues with the half carts.

Baba,
I completely understand with the reasons you cite about the breakfast service which leads to my perspective that it is not as consistently presented as the dinner service.

It appears that FA feedback is resulting in changes - and I am glad you and your peers have been able to convince the company of the need for improvement.

How would a retiree from revenue management know what inflight and dining and cabin services will do about the cart issue?

Reactions: 2 people
Just for fun, let's trace the latest trajectory of this thread...

Baba (an actual DL F/A) notes botha very real safety concern, and the autocracy with which our corporate benefactor operates.

I weighed in with how life was for F/A's at one of our antecedent carriers.

To the surprise of none, that was dismissed, but was coupled with a delightful little pat on the head for Baba. And, we got to learn that pilots love to fly it. (F/A's may be breaking their feet, but hey, it sure is fun to drive!)

Then we somehow segued to Int'l BE service, even though that's about the furthest thing from the routes the B717 is on.

So yeah, shiny object syndrome, distraction, dismissal; call it what you want...

because I have common sense and know how the company works.

Cabin service has nothing to do with DL's carts.

Just for fun, let's trace the latest trajectory of this thread...

Baba (an actual DL F/A) notes botha very real safety concern, and the autocracy with which our corporate benefactor operates.

I weighed in with how life was for F/A's at one of our antecedent carriers.

To the surprise of none, that was dismissed, but was coupled with a delightful little pat on the head for Baba. And, we got to learn that pilots love to fly it. (F/A's may be breaking their feet, but hey, it sure is fun to drive!)

Then we somehow segued to Int'l BE service, even though that's about the furthest thing from the routes the B717 is on.

So yeah, shiny object syndrome, distraction, dismissal; call it what you want...
provide the quote, Kevin, that says the concerns were dismissed.

that is all you have to do.

Baba discussed the int'l service.

DO you want to close the thread because an active employee who raised the issue discussed it?

Can you tell us when you were last on a DL int'l aircraft - IN FLIGHT in business class to know what baba is talking about?

you and 700 need to seriously grow up.

Your words stand on their own- anyone that can critically think will draw their own conclusions.

My non-revving habits are not only none of your business, they're also as irrelevant to this thread as Int'l BE service is.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
you and 700 need to seriously grow up.
Take your own advice, you edited a post where you slammed Robbed and rubbed it in to him that he wasnt getting profit sharing, you are the one who needs to seriously grow up.

again, tell me what I posted that was not factually accurate.

DL employees have racked up already 80% of the profit sharing for the first six months of this year that they made in the entire last year.

I know at US its Dining and Cabin Service who handles catering, and sets up services and procedures with InFlight.

WorldTraveler said:
Far more significant of an example is the revamp of int'l service procedures which were heavily driven by frontline input.

sorry everyone,  this statement caused me to get off track as to the 717.  
 I was just using an example as to why FRONTLINE input were NOT heavily Driven.(example stated)

Back to the 717 and 10C.  I believe because of this configuration they whole cart size changed because 
I don't believe a full size cart can make the turn.  So changing ALL the carts to 1/2 was the solution than to 
take out the seat. 

Cabin service at DL cleans planes and is largely contracted out except in some cities with DL mainline staff who also clean.

In the vast majority of DL cities, food and beverages are provisioned by caterers.

At one time, cabin service personnel cleaned planes and stocked galleys but that is almost entirely not the case now

baba,
you don't have to apologize for discussing an issue that is relevant to your work area.

We get very little involvement from IN-Flight on this thread. Given that they are the largest workgroup, we need to listen when they speak.

As for the half carts and the tight turn, you might well have a point. I do hope you will keep us posted on how the 1/2 cart issue changes.

Also, since you are participating, can you let us know about galley provisioning - who does it both in large and small domestic cities, with and without DL personnel. Can you also confirm but I would imagine that caterers exclusively handle beverages in int'l cities - at least those with food service which would be the majority?

I'm not talking about Cabin Service in cleaning, at US Dining and Cabin Services handles catering and work along with Inflight to handle catering and service procedures, it has nothing to do with cleaning

DL is not US. shouldn't be too hard to grasp the concept that DL does not have the same organizational structure as US.