New Week, New SCAB of the Week

Good afternoon all. Its Monday again and can you believe its time for the SCAB of the Week already? Lets spin the wheel shall we???
This weeks SCAB representative is Greg Fisher. Greg was an afternoon shift mechanic in DTW. I have known Greg for several years proceeding his fall to SCABDOM. He was friendy, likeable...too bad, so SCAB.
Now Greg Fisher is a SCAB in DTW and along with his fellow slugs he is helping that all important "bottom line" at nwa. As he was contemplating his future as a SCAB he spoke to a friend of mine regarding his decision and tried to convince my friend to come with him and SCAB so he could reportedly, "spy on them from the inside".
Thanks, but no thanks Greg Fisher. You can rot away on the "inside" all by yourself. After all you have the company of your fellow SCABS...that should be comfort enough. Another former AMFA/union member that could have been hired to a position somewhere else. Just TOO LAZY to go look.
Congratulations Greg Fisher. You're the :down: SCAB OF THE WEEK :down: .

Good afternoon all. Entire previous post edited. Please do not quote an entire post. Thanks.

Why is it that scabs always like "company" when they make their move to the dark side? A friend of mine was appraoched by Richie Smith, same thing. My friend came to his senses and told Richie to buzz off. So Richie scabbed alone and then became a scab manager. Still, he won't leave my friend alone. Still calls him. I guess misery loves company. My friend has a new job outside the reaches of ScabAir. We also then learned that Richie was a scab at the Lorenzo CAL in the early 80's. He did a good job of hiding it during his time at NW. Once a scab, always a scab. Fits the Kyle Mack mold....... :down:

What's up with these guys who scab because their wife threaten to leave if they don't? I have heard this re-occuring theme more than once.

My friend, a f/a who works another job was telling me that this lady had told her husband this, he scabs and she left him anyway. :down:

Scab to see what it's like? That's just an excuse. Oh please.
A year later my guy is making more than they are WITHOUT scabbing. Pooh poooh pooooh. For the price (and treatment of good employees) that is what you get. BAD QUALITY.

What's up with these guys who scab because their wife threaten to leave if they don't? I have heard this re-occuring theme more than once.

My friend, a f/a who works another job was telling me that this lady had told her husband this, he scabs and she left him anyway. :down:

Jenny, those guys are not Real Men,at the end of the day they take their sack off when they walk thru the front door and hand it over to the boss of the house.

Your friend of a friend lady probably left her husband because he has no spine, and she wanted a Real Man who shows some assertiveness!

Why is it that scabs always like "company" when they make their move to the dark side? A friend of mine was appraoched by Richie Smith, same thing. My friend came to his senses and told Richie to buzz off. So Richie scabbed alone and then became a scab manager. Still, he won't leave my friend alone. Still calls him. I guess misery loves company. My friend has a new job outside the reaches of ScabAir. We also then learned that Richie was a scab at the Lorenzo CAL in the early 80's. He did a good job of hiding it during his time at NW. Once a scab, always a scab. Fits the Kyle Mack mold....... :down:

Richie Smith :angry: RICHIE SMITH :angry: Another idiot that has NO SPINE. If you ever saw Richie in action Spock then you know he's another one who is too LAZY to do the right thing. Now he's in charge of "back door" recruiting at nwa DTW. It figures. Who in his right mind would want to work for him OR kyle Mack?

Sorry to hijack your thread Don, but I would like to add the latest scab of the week from MSP...Jerry Sowells.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/n...twincities_news

JERRY SOWELLS, BACK ON THE JOB

Jerry Sowells crossed union picket lines to return to work at Northwest Airlines, but he's not proud of it.

"I'm really ashamed of the fact," said Sowells, a Northwest jet engine mechanic for 25 years. "I was taught that you don't scab in organized labor, but this is disorganized labor. Technically, I'm a scab. That's something I have to live with."

Sowells, 50, is a non-dues-paying member of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, but he supports the previous union — the International Association of Machinists. In 2001, he voted against Northwest mechanics' shift to AMFA, a smaller, scrappier union with no affiliation with other labor organizations.

Still, when AMFA struck Northwest a year ago, Sowells did too.

He honored the picket line for about two months before going back to work. His decision was partly financial and partly based on philosophical differences with AMFA: Sowells doesn't support the union's lack of affiliation with other labor groups to gain strength and he doesn't believe union leaders bargained hard enough with Northwest.

Those months were emotionally difficult for Sowells, who said he received telephoned death threats and had his garage smeared with graffiti.

Sowells wouldn't reveal his pay but said his total compensation has fallen by about 40 percent. His wife, an IAM member who works for Northwest as an administrative assistant, also took a pay cut of at least 11 percent.

Sowells and his family, who live in Eagan, have changed their lifestyle. They dine out half as much as before, they got rid of a second computer phone line, they stopped grocery delivery and they discontinued a lawn-mowing service. His stepdaughter opted to attend Normandale Community College this fall instead of the University of Minnesota.

"There's just not the discretionary income as before," Sowells said. "We've cut down on the non-essentials."

Earlier this year, Sowells and some other IAM supporters began work to bring the IAM back to Northwest. About 40 percent of AMFA workers on Northwest property have signed a petition to authorize an IAM election, he said. They need at least 50 percent.

"One of my motivations in returning to Northwest was to destroy AMFA," Sowells said. He disagrees with how AMFA officials handled contract negotiations with Northwest. He disputes AMFA's claim of being a more democratic union because he never had the chance to vote on a contract.

Sorry to hijack your thread Don, but I would like to add the latest scab of the week from MSP...Jerry Sowells.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/n...twincities_news

JERRY SOWELLS, BACK ON THE JOB

Jerry Sowells crossed union picket lines to return to work at Northwest Airlines, but he's not proud of it.

"I'm really ashamed of the fact," said Sowells, a Northwest jet engine mechanic for 25 years. "I was taught that you don't scab in organized labor, but this is disorganized labor. Technically, I'm a scab. That's something I have to live with.

"Sowells and his family, who live in Eagan, have changed their lifestyle. They dine out half as much as before, they got rid of a second computer phone line, they stopped grocery delivery and they discontinued a lawn-mowing service. His stepdaughter opted to attend Normandale Community College this fall instead of the University of Minnesota.

You gotta love this. He had to stop grocery delivery? This guy was making $72,000/yr without overtime for at least 6 years. His wife works for NWA. He has to scab to make ends meet? Geeez.

You gotta love this. He had to stop grocery delivery? This guy was making $72,000/yr without overtime for at least 6 years. His wife works for NWA. He has to scab to make ends meet? Geeez.
Scab Jerry Sowells is the same iam lovin' scab that the twu at AA hired in 2003 in the attempt to discredit AMFA during the AA AMFA card drive. He's now a confirmed POS scab, it's fitting the twu company union hired a scab to endorse them. He whines because AMFA didn't bring back a concessionary contract for him to vote YES on. If the unrational Scab Air demands would have been ratified though a concessionary contract vote instead of the strike, he'd be the first one to complain about the horrible concessionary contract that AMFA brought back for a vote. The coward only struck for two months, this shows how much fight he has in him.....zero. Too bad he had to cancel his lawn and grocery service, his scab wages must be very low. Maybe the iam scab should get a part-time errand boy position with the iam sellouts he so loves. What a pile of scab excrement. :blink: :down: :angry:

"One of my motivations in returning to Northwest was to destroy AMFA," Sowells said. He disagrees with how AMFA officials handled contract negotiations with Northwest. He disputes AMFA's claim of being a more democratic union because he never had the chance to vote on a contract.[/i]

No problem Pete...you see how these threads take off. I'm glad we're staying on subject.
This SCAB Sowell reveals by his speech his true motivations. If you let a person talk long enough it eventually comes out. This dues objector had it in for AMFA from long before they represented us at nwa. I lump this MSP SCAB in with "Dutch" and all the rest of the IAM boys in MSP. Always trying to undermine and tear down. When I see the AMFA described in the media as a renegade and a rogue I say YES. It was far better than being a bootlicking IAM membership.

Scab Jerry Sowells is the same iam lovin' scab that the twu at AA hired in 2003 in the attempt to discredit AMFA during the AA AMFA card drive. He's now a confirmed POS scab, it's fitting the twu company union hired a scab to endorse them. He whines because AMFA didn't bring back a concessionary contract for him to vote YES on. If the unrational Scab Air demands would have been ratified though a concessionary contract vote instead of the strike, he'd be the first one to complain about the horrible concessionary contract that AMFA brought back for a vote. The coward only struck for two months, this shows how much fight he has in him.....zero. Too bad he had to cancel his lawn and grocery service, his scab wages must be very low. Maybe the iam scab should get a part-time errand boy position with the iam sellouts he so loves. What a pile of scab excrement. :blink: :down: :angry:
Hackman let's not forget about the first scab,the ex-iam local Pres. This must be typical of the iam and other industrial unions. Do as I say not as I do and I have the right to change my mind any time I want. Oh yea I almost forgot in addition to Jerry Sowells,the twu also hired Dutch Dresser and Brian Connors to try and brainwash the people here at AFW. It is sad to see that some unions stoop to this level,but I'm sure the iam would welcome this trash back with open arms.