Non Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct in the assisting of the destruction of organized labor. The simple fact remains that organized labor is as much the problem as the companies. I do not understand why you guys cannot comprehend the fact that unionism needs a facelift.

I can see where in some of my post that one would think that I was making a mockery of the profession. I assure you that this is not the intended effect. It is just that there are some people here that attempt to pump this job up into something that it isn't.
Organized Labor is NOT the problem pto, it is the corrupt leadership at the helm that hurts unions. You will never convince me that we would be better off without Unionism and strong solidarity, but yes changes are overdue at the top!

I would'nt consider taking responsibilty for literally hundreds of lives each and every day a petty event. you have implied on more than one occassion that this job (AMT) is a Joke and requires very little knowledge or skill, go back and re-read your own post.

I have personally been involved in a Board Of Inquiry with the FAA and it is a very sobering experience. You may think that this job requires little, but you screw up and you will find out first hand that its not as trivial as you think!

Organized Labor is NOT the problem pto, it is the corrupt leadership at the helm that hurts unions. You will never convince me that we would be better off without Unionism and strong solidarity, but yes changes are overdue at the top!
If the leadership is corrupt the union is corrupt. You want a union? Fine, build you one but quit supporting the ones that are turning the American people away from unionism. I tell you what, the AMFA guys that are here that crossed are pissed off at AMFA after they saw for themselves how AMFA lied to them through out this whole ordeal.

I would'nt consider taking responsibility for literally hundreds of lives each and every day a petty event. you have implied on more than one occassion that this job (AMT) is a Joke and requires very little knowledge or skill, go back and re-read your own post.
I am fully aware of what I said. It is all a matter of comparison. Where I normally work, you work. It’s not a matter of sticking an MEL on something or playing with some petty cabin write up. Which is 90% of this job. Yea you have the occasional aircraft grounding issue that has to be addressed. Nine times out of ten replacing an LRU solves that problem. The MCDU will point at the offending LRU. Just how much of a mechanic do you have to be to change out an LRU?

Where I come from your changing flight control surfaces and actuators, your opening the entire aircraft up and repairing everything wrong with it. I change seat tracks and floor beams and the occasional skin. If a new part isn't available I build the part and then install it. Got a part with some compound contours and bends? No problem, get a block of fenolic and build you a mold then start beating a sheet of metal around it, heat treat, alodine and prime. Now your really ready to get to work with your fastener layout. I have seen nothing like that being done here on the line nor in the hanger. I have been in NWA's sheet metal shop and I will tell you that it is just short of a joke. On line you do one of two things MEL it or exchange parts. No huge mechanical skills necessary.

I have personally been involved in a Board Of Inquiry with the FAA and it is a very sobering experience. You may think that this job requires little, but you screw up and you will find out first hand that its not as trivial as you think!
Why were you involved in a Board of Inquiry?

If the leadership is corrupt the union is corrupt.

:huh: You leave me speechless with that statement, and have once again proven your total lack of knowledge concerning the structure of Unions.

Why were you involved in a Board of Inquiry?

PTO the FAA knows, My employer knows, And the other mechanic and Q/A Inspector who signed off on the job knows. You have no reason to know, but I will say this when the time comes and you get called on the carpet, you better make sure you had every "T" crossed and "i" dotted. It is not a pleasant experience, nor is it meant to be.

BTW... I would'nt give the excuse "Well I thought it was really just a petty job and did'nt require much skill" That probably won't suffice!

Mesaba is dropping the ball on a redirected flight. I can’t say much for the passengers behavior themselves while the aircraft was in the air. The poor F/A was catching hell. I seriously had to bite my tongue on quiet a few occasions. I really do not understand how grown adults can come up with some of the most ridiculous questions. You might even be able to call the passengers treatment here at the terminal poetic justice. The fact of the matter is the agents have no idea what all was said on the aircraft and they are treating these passengers like shet. If I were a revenue passenger I would be really upset myself. I am finding this to be a most entertaining event.

The aircraft was held up in DTW due to weather at its destination. Then some clown decides its clear to depart. Once we got to the destination airport the weather was worse than before. They then redirected us to a way out of the way airport to be bused back to the original destination. The problem I am having with this is that there was another airport 130 miles away compared to the one they brought us to that is 270 miles away. Does this make any sense? It has been at least six hours since anyone has eaten most people here are very hungry and all restaurants here at the airport are closed. We asked if the bus would be stopping at any restaurants and was told no it would go straight to the airport that is at least five hours away on a good night. I am in for a very long night.
I would also like to add that we were told the bus would be here n 30 minutes. An hour and forty minutes has now passed.

None of the passengers have said a single bad thing about Mesaba. Northwest is the only name mentioned.

They then redirected us to a way out of the way airport to be bused back to the original destination. The problem I am having with this is that there was another airport 130 miles away compared to the one they brought us to that is 270 miles away. Does this make any sense? It has been at least six hours since anyone has eaten most people here are very hungry and all restaurants here at the airport are closed. We asked if the bus would be stopping at any restaurants and was told no it would go straight to the airport that is at least five hours away on a good night. I am in for a very long night.
Why are you complaining about a "Short" Bus ride SCAB? you should be used to it by now. Poor service is something you and those revenue passengers better get used too! :up:

Mesaba is dropping the ball on a redirected flight. I can’t say much for the passengers behavior themselves while the aircraft was in the air. The poor F/A was catching hell. I seriously had to bite my tongue on quiet a few occasions. I really do not understand how grown adults can come up with some of the most ridiculous questions. You might even be able to call the passengers treatment here at the terminal poetic justice. The fact of the matter is the agents have no idea what all was said on the aircraft and they are treating these passengers like shet. If I were a revenue passenger I would be really upset myself. I am finding this to be a most entertaining event.

The aircraft was held up in DTW due to weather at its destination. Then some clown decides its clear to depart. Once we got to the destination airport the weather was worse than before. They then redirected us to a way out of the way airport to be bused back to the original destination. The problem I am having with this is that there was another airport 130 miles away compared to the one they brought us to that is 270 miles away. Does this make any sense? It has been at least six hours since anyone has eaten most people here are very hungry and all restaurants here at the airport are closed. We asked if the bus would be stopping at any restaurants and was told no it would go straight to the airport that is at least five hours away on a good night. I am in for a very long night.
I would also like to add that we were told the bus would be here n 30 minutes. An hour and forty minutes has now passed.

None of the passengers have said a single bad thing about Mesaba. Northwest is the only name mentioned.

Whaaaaa.....whaaaaaa.....whaaaaaa.....poor little scab. Get used to poor service and screwed up operations at Scab Air. The maintenance program and reliabiltiy is just as bad.

BTW 'Cods, when your jetting around with your free scab bootlicker passes, is the family with you? Or did you just figure its 'Cods play time, since your gone so much? :ph34r:

Now you see why the rest of us don't really consider non-revving an economic benefit. With planes fuller than ever, trying to get home (or away) is often an exercise in futility.

By the way, now that the starting pay at NW is less than Target & Old Navy, this is the last "carrot" the company has to offer to prospective employees; imagine their disappointment when they get on the line and figure out how it actually works......

LOL Kev, I have fun when people ask me "Now that you are no longer with the airlines, don't you miss the flight benefits?" To which I replay: "WHAT flight benefits???"

You sure are in a jolly mood tonight local.
I guess you could say I see humor in the fact that a SCAB finds fault in the level of service he recieves while trying to non-rev...kinda like kicking a Dog, and wondering why he bites the #### out of you is'nt PTO?

You haven't spent the night in an airport yet.
No I have not. Came close once but got lucky in the end. I have since learned to follow the flights I will be taking and tracking the percentages to best insure that doesn’t happen. I have also learned to keep my laptop handy for quick rerouting if necessary. Just today a flight was cancelled in Florida that pretty much did an AMT in for getting him back to DTW for the rest of the day. He gave me a call and I got him here for work today. He was a bit late but at least he didn't get an absence. He said he thought he was flying on Southwest. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back