Northwest In Bk

I still remember all the times airlines tried to raise fares and NW, thinking they were in good shape, constantly killed all those fare raises.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Please tell me you have more common sense than that.

Go stand outside your nearest gas station... Fuel was the final nail in the coffin for both NWA and DAL, and will most likely be for FlyI.
[post="300682"][/post]​

If you actually believe for one second that NW hadnt planned on filing BK long ago then you need a little common sense. NW doesnt have a business plan that includes making a profit even if it had received the paycuts it wanted. Their hope was to get AMFA to agree to paycuts before BK and then get a second round of paycuts in BK.

If you have trouble believing a company would do this, then you my friend need some common sense. If you doubt what i have said let me post something from ALPA concerning this.

Even with the recent price of fuel, fares have not been increased enough to cover the additional costs. In 2005, had our pilots worked for free, we would have barely covered the above budget fuel costs. In 2006, the discrepancy is even greater, and, according to our financial analysts, NWA does not have a business plan that works (even with $1.1B in additional labor concessions).

with no amfa contract... the judge will probably let the company have what ever they ask for...don't think he has to listen to the amfa side of things... since there is no contract to discuss. if amfa new they would file before the new C11 laws kick in, how could it be in their (amfa) favor to be in C11 without a contract...

Everyone is screwed there now it is as simple as that, it's time to go find another job, and cut your losses, no one will be able to go back at this point so what is there really to hope for from the judge. ( nothing )
It's over the hurrican and high oil kicked their butts and now both those company's will maybe hobble along like United and maybe survive but probably not.

As I said I think I would be putting in some applications now.

I do hope everyone makes it through this ok, I would not want to be in that boat. :(

This industry is going down hill fast, we need a cheaper fuel source to resurect it.

Raptor said:
This industry is going down hill fast, we need a cheaper fuel source to resurect it.
[post="300759"][/post]​
I am filing a patent on a coal burning jet engine. :D

come on did ya really think this WOULDN'T happen? to all those trashing UAL and U you ain't seen nothing yet.

:up:
this will affect AMR also.......pay freeze/cuts pension freeze/pgbc etc..

AMFA has been soundly defeated by NWA, and are a non-factor going forward. The union leadership actually believed the mindless rhetoric they spouted to the members, and found themselves without a leg to stand on when the doom and gloom prediction of NWA mx falling apart by Labor Day didn't materialize.

avek00 said:
AMFA has been soundly defeated by NWA, and are a non-factor going forward. The union leadership actually believed the mindless rhetoric they spouted to the members, and found themselves without a leg to stand on when the doom and gloom prediction of NWA mx falling apart by Labor Day didn't materialize.
[post="300860"][/post]​
AMFA knew the company was going into BK. Everyone knew. What should they have done, took the ridiculous T/A and a month later had to accept even more concessions. They had no choice in the matter. If you think they did, explain!!

kiloromeo said:
with no amfa contract... the judge will probably let the company have what ever they ask for...don't think he has to listen to the amfa side of things... since there is no contract to discuss. if amfa new they would file before the new C11 laws kick in, how could it be in their (amfa) favor to be in C11 without a contract...
[post="300747"][/post]​
<_< To begin with the AMFA still has a contract under the RLA, their old contract! Until modified by the company/ union/ or now, bankrupcy judge!!

The company imposed new terms on AMFA when the 30 day cooling off period ended and in response AMFA walked.

MCI transplant said:
<_< To begin with the AMFA still has a contract under the RLA, their old contract! Until modified by the company/ union/ or now, bankrupcy judge!!
[post="300884"][/post]​
No, both parties were released to self help.

Bob Owens said:
No, both parties were released to self help.
[post="300958"][/post]​
Hey PTO I have a question. How does NWA cover your expenses? Are they prepaid? The hotel, resturaunt, cleaning, bar tab, etc or do you put in an expense at the end of the month? Good luck if you put in for expenses. You will be the last in line, even after the pensions! Not only will you be short a months pay but be out all those other expenses.

MiAAmi said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050914/cgw060.html?.v=19

Best of luck to the Northwest employees.
[post="300587"][/post]​

Sadly Been there Done that applies, Hold your collect heads up. It is not going to be easy by any means, but NWAC will continue to fly and you all will make that happen because of the airline professionals you are as demostrated in the days following 9/11 and beyond.

As stated above, Best of luck to you all. you deserve (as do just about 100% of all the airline employees) much better.

with respect and admiration.
javaboy

Back