Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
nycbusdriver said:

Yay!  We can agree on something!  
It's so disingenuous to target our pilots as "boarder line," then day-in and day-out, get inside an aluminum tube traveling at 80% of the speed of sound under the very control of those "boarder line" people one disparages.  

Who really needs the mental evaluation?
deleted...

Pilots Union Sues US Airways To Force Pay Raises
 By Erin Coe
Law360, San Diego (January 02, 2014, 10:41 PM ET) -- A pilots union sued a US Airways Group Inc. unit Thursday in Pennsylvania federal court, looking to vacate an arbitration award that denied relief to pilots seeking a 3 percent pay raise starting in May 2010 that was allegedly required under the parties’ restructuring agreement.

The US Airline Pilots Association urged the federal court to nix the System Board of Adjustment's August arbitration award, which denied relief for pilots’ claims over US Airways’ failure to give them a 3 percent pay raise and remanded the matter..

http://www.law360.com/articles/498436/pilots-union-sues-us-airways-to-force-pay-raises

I think debating is one thing..but what some do on here (and say) leads many to believe theres some screws loose.... I enjoy my job and trust me if i saw some of these guys on my aircraft..I d make sure they were removed! The majority on here are great but wow the few....

usfliboi said:
I think debating is one thing..but what some do on here (and say) leads many to believe theres some screws loose.... I enjoy my job and trust me if i saw some of these guys on my aircraft..I d make sure they were removed! The majority on here are great but wow the few....

I don't think it's any different than other forums I have visited. I see it the same way that NYC does and like I pointed out, I think we are capable of doing our jobs after going head-to-head here.

" trust me if i saw some of these guys on my aircraft"...I don't trust you'd know what anybody here looks like.

You won't be removing anybody from an aircraft I operate.

Wow!...you have quite the imagination, fliboi.

Contrary to what Gary Hummel, Steve Bradford and Mark King would have you believe, the BPR will vote to choose an interim President and elections will begin immediately. The idea that we will suffer dire consequences because there isn’t written language specific to a recall of both officers is absurd. Does that mean any time we face a scenario that we can’t reference somewhere there is simply not a solution? Does the union have to shut down if both Officers quit? How about if there is a tragedy affecting both? What if they simply go AWOL? When you are in your airplane and an abnormal occurs and there’s no written guidance, do you cross your arms and legs and just sit there? As we said, the idea is absurd.
We have a candidate who is extremely well respected who has agreed to serve if Gary is recalled. We have been trying to get Gary to do the responsible thing and reconvene the Special Meeting prior to the recall votes being counted. That way we can pass a resolution assuring there is always someone at the helm. However, in yet another illustration of why we support the recall, Gary is ignoring the requests, choosing arrogance over the wellbeing of both the union and the pilots we represent. When we are successful, you will have the opportunity to confirm or reject the candidate we have chosen through an election that will get under way immediately.

What happens if the recall is unsuccessful?
Gary Hummel would likely see it as a mandate; as a blessing from the membership that it’s OK with you if he is not truthful; if he works in secret behind the BPR and your backs; if he ignores the Board and does what he likes; if he breaks rules as he wishes. He will likely continue down the same road recall supporters have warned you of, only with greater arrogance. If you think you are witnessing dysfunction now, imagine what it will be like at the representational level if the membership decides that a President whom nine of eleven BPR members do not trust should remain in power.
Here’s a rhetorical question worth considering: What benefit is there in choosing as Chairman of any board, a person whom 82% of the board members do not trust?
Please prevent dysfunction at an unprecedented level by making way for a true leader and pilot advocate.
Please support the recall.
Members of the BPR (present and past or just present?)

usfliboi said:

Would you remove someone based on what they said at a party or football game?

This forum is for entertainment and blowing off steam.

usfliboi said:
I think debating is one thing..but what some do on here (and say) leads many to believe theres some screws loose.... I enjoy my job and trust me if i saw some of these guys on my aircraft..I d make sure they were removed!

Ok, for the sake of some chuckles, I'll indulge you for a moment here. Let me just imagine the possible scenario: "Hey! I'm usfliboi, and I've delusional notions of both my intelligence and overall importance in this world of ours! I saw posts on a chat thread that, in my opinion as a trained psychiatrist, I consider indicative of mental instability and so I demand the pilot(s) be immediately removed from 'my' plane!" Is that about right? :)

I mean not the slightest offence to the the vast majority of FA's, who I've the utmost respect for, and very much enjoy the true priviledge of working with.

traderjake said:

Probably :)

EastUS1 said:

Ok, for the sake of some chuckles I'll indulge you for a moment here. Let me imagine the scenario: "Hey! I'm usfliboi, and I've delusional notions of both my intelligence and overall importance! I saw posts on a chat thread that, in my opinion as a trained psychiatrist, I consider indicative of mental instability and I demand the pilot(s) be removed from the plane!" Is that about right? :)
Yes ...You are as right as you have ever been :)

EastUS1 said:

Ok, for the sake of some chuckles, I'll indulge you for a moment here. Let me imagine the possible scenario: "Hey! I'm usfliboi, and I've delusional notions of both my intelligence and overall importance! I saw posts on a chat thread that, in my opinion as a trained psychiatrist, I consider indicative of mental instability and I demand the pilot(s) be removed from 'my'  plane!" Is that about right? :)
and btw..if you had read what i actually said...If they acted tht way on board. But i will say...there are some serious issued girls and bois in this issue...

usfliboi said:
and btw..if you had read what i actually said...If they acted tht way on board. But i will say...there are some serious issued girls and bois in this issue...

Whatever my manifest differences with say, snapthis; I've full confidence that both of us could safely sit aside each other in an aircraft and have none be the worse for it. As he properly noted: "Wow!...you have quite the imagination, fliboi."  If you can even imagine otherwise; you must then seriously wonder about how any aviators place personal feelings completely aside to deal with normal ops or any sort of serious emergencies in the first place. This is purely an environment for humorous and/or even angry venting, and has NOTHING to do with aircraft operations...Period! What you only succeed in displaying here's a potentially, grossly insubordinate attitude, as well as expressed willingness to back-stab fellow crew members, which I find disgusting, all of which you might well wish to keep in check while you're part of any crew.

traderjake, on 03 Jan 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

usfliboi said:

Then usfliboi; it's you who are in need of mental evalution and counseling, and certainly no one I'd wish to have on any crew, based purely on your postings either, although I'd expect your on-the-job performance doesn't reflect your ridiculous BS here, or at least I'd hope not. See how that works?

You've now had your 15 minutes of unwarranted attention/"fame"/whatever. We're done here. Dismissed!

EastUS1 said:
traderjake, on 03 Jan 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Then usfliboi; it's you who are in need of mental evalution and counseling, and certainly no one I'd wish to have on any crew, based purely on your postings either, although I'd expect your on-the-job performance doesn't reflect your ridiculous BS here, or at least I'd hope not. See how that works?

You've now had your 15 minutes of attention/"fame"/whatever. We're done here. Dismissed!
Sorry, I'm inclined to agree with usfliboi on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back