Nwa New Talks With Mechanics Begin Thusday

TheDog2004 said:
AMFA has really screwed the pooch on this one.
[post="297802"][/post]​

It's called standing up for what you believe in and not taking it in the a$$, like you anti-union folks!

UNITY PAYS!!!

B.O.B. said:
It's called standing up for what you believe in and not taking it in the a$$, like you anti-union folks!

UNITY PAYS!!!

[post="297812"][/post]​

If the job of a union is to be meatheads then they have passed with flying colors.

If the job of a union is to look out for the best interests of her membership, then how can you possibly argue that AMFA has done that when their entire membership is now out of work?

A strike should force a company to concede to your desires. Instead, this one played right into Northwest's hands.

It might make them feel like they are being 'men', but that doesn't mean they are being smart.

TheDog2004 said:
If the job of a union is to be meatheads then they have passed with flying colors.

If the job of a union is to look out for the best interests of her membership, then how can you possibly argue that AMFA has done that when their entire membership is now out of work?

A strike should force a company to concede to your desires. Instead, this one played right into Northwest's hands.

It might make them feel like they are being 'men', but that doesn't mean they are being smart.
[post="297825"][/post]​
The flip side Dogmeat, is if current NWA management wanted to go down as the ones who finally threw Nitwits With Airplanes on the scrape heap, they succeeded.

You saying AMFA should have just bent over and taken it like the IAM, and TWU does? I don't think so. Everyone of AMFA members were warned of what management was up to with the thousands of unwarranted layoffs years ago. It was no secret. The hiring of the "US Air Bankruptcy King" Neil "Grinch" Cohen confirmed it.

Somebody had to make a stand. (it sure as hell won't be a industrial union) Win or lose, AMFA did it right.

This country was not founded on cowards or greed. :down:

TheDog2004 said:
[post="297825"][/post]​

So, in your opinion, "smart" would have been accepting a contract that cut 53% of the membership (for a overall cut of 75% since 2001), provided for cuts of 25% of wages and 50% of license pay for those who remained and ensured that no one would ever be recalled by offering job protection only for the remaining individuals, not the remaining positions?

92% of NWA mechanics didn't think so then, and it seems even more don't think so now.

It has nothing to do with "being men", but it does have something to do with refusing to be forced to take the company's proposal as written while the company refuses to negotiate any of the terms. NWA made it clear since before negotiations began that they didn't want an agreement, and AMFA was smart enough not to agree to a bad contract just to prove them wrong.

NWA/AMT said:
So, in your opinion, "smart" would have been accepting a contract that cut 53% of the membership (for a overall cut of 75% since 2001), provided for cuts of 25% of wages and 50% of license pay for those who remained and ensured that no one would ever be recalled by offering job protection only for the remaining individuals, not the remaining positions?

Yes. It was the only option. AMFA had no negotiating power.

It has nothing to do with "being men", but it does have something to do with refusing to be forced to take the company's proposal as written while the company refuses to negotiate any of the terms. NWA made it clear since before negotiations began that they didn't want an agreement, and AMFA was smart enough not to agree to a bad contract just to prove them wrong.
[post="297843"][/post]​

Actually AMFA could have hosed NWA by accepting the terms if NWA's goal was to break the union. Then NWA would have to keep them around. IMHO AMFA played into their hands by striking. They may have stood up for their rights and tilted at other windmills, but in the end they got played.

TheDog2004 said:

A strike should force a company to concede to your desires.  Instead, this one played right into Northwest's hands.

[post="297825"][/post]​

dog, allow me to be able to stand up, identify myself without using an alias and inform you that you are certainly dumber than the drippings from a bovine's arse.

AMFA did look out for her members. You see, AMFA asked her members if they wanted to accept Draconian measures. You know, let over 50% of your jobs to go away and the remaining to accept 26% cut in pay & benefits. You see, the members of AMFA at NWA are intelligent and understand that they had no choice then to strike. The best interests of AMFA's members were decided by her members. Unlike the twu at AA where the international and their appointed leaders make the calls.

I can tell that you would accept ANYTHING placed in front of you. But people with spines of jelly and glue prettymuch are cowards to begin with so your lunatic rambles are taken at the value they are worth... the same as the drippings from that bovine's arse. Moo!

GO AMFA!

TheDog2004 said:
[post="297855"][/post]​

The power to withhold your labor is all any union has.

Actually AMFA could have hosed NWA by accepting the terms if NWA's goal was to break the union. Then NWA would have to keep them around.

I don't know how I can explain this more clearly: NWA's "job protection" offer, protecting individuals but not positions, makes it clear that NWA's intention was to NOT "keep them around". Having already removed 75% of the membership, the rest would be eliminated through attrition, as the company proposals dealing with the subject of recall made clear.

IMHO AMFA played into their hands by striking. They may have stood up for their rights and tilted at other windmills, but in the end they got played.

I realize that standing up for a principle instead of looking out for yourself regardless of the consequences is a concept that is out of fashion in this country, but I would rather leave NWA on my terms than hope for their non-existent executive largesse to keep me there.

TWU informer said:
I especially like the threat to replace the strikers.

Oh yea, NWA hires the beer bottle before work gang to handle everything.

And what will the "Union" pilots and f/a's do when faced with working beside long term scabs?
[post="297607"][/post]​
They won't be scabs any longer, they will be permanent workers.

TheDog2004 said:
Actually AMFA could have hosed NWA by accepting the terms if NWA's goal was to break the union. Then NWA would have to keep them around. IMHO AMFA played into their hands by striking. They may have stood up for their rights and tilted at other windmills, but in the end they got played.
[post="297855"][/post]​

Not really. 53% would have been gone and the remainder would have had to work under unacceptable terms. You speak as if unemployment is permanent, these guys will find other jobs if it comes to that. At American Airlines the union claims that they "saved" jobs by giving massive concessions, but now workers who were not laid off are quitting every day. So in fact we all lost the job we used to have. I would have rather had the opportunity to do waht NWA mechs did, keep the full pay for the extra 2 years then strike, then win or lose I would have earned the extra $50 to $60K to carry me over to my next job. There is no security in poverty.

I hope we do get the chance to strike once we get rid of our company union. NWA alraedy sucked up what few scabs there were and their airline is much smaller. A strike at a much bigger airline would be a lot more interesting.

NWA is only having these talks to show du-diligence in preparation for the law suits that AMFA will bring after they (NWA) hire the replacements permanently. Years and years of law suits and appeals...

Hackman said:
The flip side Dogmeat, is if current NWA management wanted to go down as the ones who finally threw Nitwits With Airplanes on the scrape heap, they succeeded.

You saying AMFA should have just bent over and taken it like the IAM, and TWU does? I don't think so. Everyone of AMFA members were warned of what management was up to with the thousands of unwarranted layoffs years ago. It was no secret. The hiring of the "US Air Bankruptcy King" Neil "Grinch" Cohen confirmed it.

Somebody had to make a stand. (it sure as hell won't be a industrial union) Win or lose, AMFA did it right.

This country was not founded on cowards or greed. :down:
[post="297837"][/post]​

I have to admit that the amfa has "Boldly gone where no UNION has gone before"....! They exposed the soul of the former IAM represented NW workers to the man...! And now with the bargaining chip gone forever, the man is here to collect his due :shock:

Articles #2, #9, #11......What a shame :huh:

Game Over gentlemen reality is here. KTO spelled it out for every one of you but you were to arrogant to see it. The results are in. The Scabs swatted AMFA down in three weeks. Delle isn't worried though he has enough of your money to last the rest of his life his children’s lives and his grand kids lives. You AMFA guys are so shallow it’s pathetic.

PlayTheOdds said:
Game Over gentlemen reality is here. KTO spelled it out for every one of you but you were to arrogant to see it. The results are in. The Scabs swatted AMFA down in three weeks.
[post="298071"][/post]​
I'm afraid PTO/KTO is correct.

PlayTheOdds said:
Game Over gentlemen reality is here. KTO spelled it out for every one of you but you were to arrogant to see it. The results are in. The Scabs swatted AMFA down in three weeks. Delle isn't worried though he has enough of your money to last the rest of his life his children’s lives and his grand kids lives. You AMFA guys are so shallow it’s pathetic.
[post="298071"][/post]​
PTO,
What's pathetic is that you've got so much to say about the strike and the AMFA members but NO sack to tell anyone (except your scab buddies and an internet forum) how you really feel. When the scab bus is riding by these people and your hiding your face and ducking down, this should tell you what kind of man you truly are. So next time your about to belittle these people on this forum, think about your twice a day bus ride of shame and know that this is truly what is PATHETIC!

Latest posts