Nwa New Talks With Mechanics Begin Thusday

AMFAMAN said:
Then this will be a very short-lived discussion. Another slap in the face right about now would just boost the morale even more for the strikers and make them even more determined. Regardless...BK about 30 days away.
[post="297606"][/post]​

AMFAMAN, are you on drugs? What morale? Desperation maybe. You might have high morale but if you laid off the crack you wouldn't. Please don't tell me you are going to keep these guys believing there is something to gain here. What can they possibly do to turn this around? It is over AMFAMAN your union failed in all missions assigned to it. Your union was so unprepared for this it is unreal. I think every member should file a class action lawsuit against AMFA for negligence and incompetence.

What’s the matter AMFAMAN are you now going to loss your over inflated union job and might actually work for a living? Welcome to the real world.

Northwest met with AMFA and proposed GREATER concessions than before. Shocking!

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/050909/1162474.html?.v=1

American Airlines' employees who took concessions are now working for a profitable company that has a future.

How is that a bad thing?

Some of you just can't see the big picture. A strike should be used to improve an employee's situation. Instead, AMFA's actions have made their membership's situation worse.

How has AMFA helped their membership in this situation?

Are they going to get a better contract because of the strike? Doesn't look like it.

Are they helping their membership find other jobs or providing outplacement services to those who might not be able to come back? - No.

Did they properly prepare their membership for the strike by having them create 'strike funds' in order to weather a prolonged work action? I haven't heard of it.

Are they providing benefits to the strikers so that they don't end up on welfare? No.

AMFA is not being realistic. While some of you are busy comparing me (and others who share my opinion) with animal waste products you are not providing ANY evidence - short of unprovable conspiracy theories - that AMFA is going to succeed in getting anything better than what Northwest has proposed with this work action.

That is what I mean by failure. A strike was not the proper course of action at this time and had no teeth. Yes, it was the only weapon available, but if your gun has no bullets then you don't threaten to shoot it.

PlayTheOdds said:
Game Over gentlemen reality is here. KTO spelled it out for every one of you but you were to arrogant to see it. The results are in. The Scabs swatted AMFA down in three weeks. Delle isn't worried though he has enough of your money to last the rest of his life his children’s lives and his grand kids lives. You AMFA guys are so shallow it’s pathetic.
[post="298071"][/post]​
I have to laugh at the desparate "Game Over" BS. Far from it scabby. AMFA stated from the start NWA's Scab Plan will take time to fail, like it did at Eastern. The operation is suffering more everyday, ETOPS is going bye-bye, manager burn out setting in, angry flight crews on the chopping block next, federal investigations, safety violations, IFS, planes being grounded,.....with the whole mess sliding to BANKRUPTCY. Do you think your NWA scab career is long term? Hmm....

Soon the scabs will lose their Vance protection goons along with the scab buses. When they have to start paying for housing and transportation in MSP, DTW and other high cost locations, not to mention the nasty and cold northern winter coming, many NWA scabs will pack up, and head to the next temp job. ;)

Game Over gentlemen reality is here. KTO spelled it out for every one of you but you were to arrogant to see it. The results are in. The Scabs swatted AMFA down in three weeks. Delle isn't worried though he has enough of your money to last the rest of his life his children’s lives and his grand kids lives. You AMFA guys are so shallow it’s pathetic.

If it is over SCAB why are you on this board?

Things are bad at NWA or they would go ahead and hire permanent SCABS without approaching AMFA. They need someone who knows what there doing bad, they just don't want to pay for them. NWA wants the best of both worlds-Experienced AMT's that will work for nothing.

Cry to the Bankruptcy Judge, NWA and don't waste your real AMT's time. SCAB keep trying to goad the AMT's across the line, maybe you'll get lucky and get one or two but the collapse of the Strikers fortitude as a whole is not going to happen. Most would rather walk away.

Red Tail Bear said:
PTO,
What's pathetic is that you've got so much to say about the strike and the AMFA members but NO sack to tell anyone (except your scab buddies and an internet forum) how you really feel. When the scab bus is riding by these people and your hiding your face and ducking down, this should tell you what kind of man you truly are. So next time your about to belittle these people on this forum, think about your twice a day bus ride of shame and know that this is truly what is PATHETIC!
[post="298161"][/post]​

I just spoke with my wife and told her I was here gloating. She will be flying up here soon on one of my buddy passes. Did you know us scabs got buddy passes? I haven't even spoken to my scab buddies about this. I have belittled no one here that doesn't deserve it. I sit up proud on my bus ride. I do not see any strikers during the ride. I feel for these men because they were lied to and persuaded that if they struck they would win. Us scabs knew better some even tried to warn of the absolute preparedness of Northwest. You guys refused to listen or even consider such warnings. You guys belonged to the almighty AMFA . We can do anything we want and companies will fall to their knees.

Let me say, anyone is replaceable. The problem here is that you think you are not you believe your union calls the shots and your company is just there to cut you paycheck. You think working on aircraft is difficult and only a select few can do it. An aircraft is just a machine. It was engineered and built by man. Anyone with half a brain can service an aircraft. Most people don't understand that. These line checks here are a joke. A JOKE. There is nothing to it. If you can read and service a car you can service an aircraft. If this is all you have done in the aviation industry I am not impressed. When some of you hit the MRO's let us know how it is.

proAMFA said:
If it is over SCAB why are you on this board?

Things are bad at NWA or they would go ahead and hire permanent SCABS without approaching AMFA.
[post="298181"][/post]​

That was a legal move genius. Somewhere there is a clause with AMFA's contract that they have to make this last offer. Northwest has taken their time. They have made offers to the scabs for permanent positions. They have a list of who is willing to roll over. Now that they have made their last offer that they had to legally make, they can now hire anyone they wish without union intervention. Northwest will soon have a non-union mechanic workforce. Their goal will soon be achieved.

First we scabs couldn't do the work.
Then we wouldn't be able to keep up.
Now we can't work because of the weather.
Keep grabbing those straws.
Everything you guys have said about us scabs has been wrong.

There were probably about 1000 mechanics that went through the training in Arizona that didn't cross the picket line when the time came. They wanted to come but was scared of you AMFA guys. Now that you are out of the picture what is to keep them from coming here? There will soon be no picket line to cross.
What about all the other mechanics that are out there but refused to cross the picket line. Once the strike is over they will be here.

Northwest will continue on. AMFA is a dead duck. Where does this leave its members?

She certainly is. I am too. We did what every one of you said was impossible. We did it in a shorter time than anyone thought with a lot less men than anyone thought. I bet the bean counters at Northwest are crying about all the company money they wasted paying you guys your huge paychecks and three time the number of employees that they needed.

pto, sorry, I just have to ask out of curiosity.

"I just spoke with my wife and told her I was here gloating."

When you got married did Satan ask, "Do you Scab take this deaf, dumb & blind person as your wife?"

And was your answer given with a SCAB security as your best man?

You truely are pathetic. Keep posting though, the comic relief is needed.

GO AMFA!

You guys are like FEMA. You dug yourself a hole and instead of fighting to get out, you keep digging. And at the same time NWA keeps pouring water in.

Maybe you can get them to go back to the last best offer? I think the longer you wait to get out of the hole, the worse its going to get.

So you are biased. AMFA members can do no wrong. They are AMFA boys. If you're amfa you're always right it doesn't matter if your wrong because if you are amfa will make it right and the idiots of the world will never know the difference. Hypocrite.

AMFAMAN Posted on: Sep 4 2005, 02:14 PM
Veteran
Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 2,507
QUOTE(PlayTheOdds @ Sep 4 2005, 01:57 PM)
I'll bet your mothers are very disappointed in the way most of you turned out.

It has been a long standing unwritten policy or rather a gentlemens agreement(something scabs wouldn't know about) that MOM or family is never mentioned in these forums. Despite how much I disagree with management workers or twu officials on this sight, we all never bring MOM or family into the conversation. Cut us up and down but leave the family out of it. Get with the program or get lost.

BTW...she is quite proud of the what her son stands for.
Forum: Northwest Airlines · Post Preview: #296545 · Replies: 73 · Views: 2,148

On Vacation again AMFAMAN?

American Airlines' employees who took concessions are now working for a profitable company that has a future.

Concessions vs no concessions? A consession is a consession? There is some ICAAO standardized amount of concessions...one size fits all? OK, if I'm being too subtle; AA's concessions were nowhere near percentage wise in headcount reductions and pay ( 16% vs 26 pct )

How is that a bad thing?

See above.

Some of you just can't see the big picture.

If you're going to quote condescending and trite executive/management cliches ( "be careful what you wish for" is another beaut ), at least be original. They've obviously seen the big picture; Given the choice between going quietly or going out sticking a stick in managements eye, they chose the latter.

A strike should be used to improve an employee's situation.

...and/or hurt managements situation. In any event, based upon the tone of your posts on this forum and others, I highly doubt you would support striking in any situation.

How has AMFA helped their membership in this situation?

By hurting NWA's situation...."gameface" PR proclamations notwithstanding.

Are they going to get a better contract because of the strike? Doesn't look like it.

Given NWA's negotiating implacability, bad-faith bargaining and deliberate desire for a strike, that seems to cast quite a pall on both the mechs and the business in general. Mutually assured destruction. If you're going to go, go out swinging. This can alsoo be a watershed to preclude this sort of robber baron mentality from becoming a blueprint for business 101 in 21'st century Amerika. Cheeky peasants!

Are they providing benefits to the strikers so that they don't end up on welfare? No.

Or in another line of work. I doubt skid-row is the next stop down from anybody with even half their ducks in a row.

AMFA is not being realistic. While some of you are busy comparing me (and others who share my opinion) with animal waste products you are not providing ANY evidence - short of unprovable conspiracy theories - that AMFA is going to succeed in getting anything better than what Northwest has proposed with this work action.

See the above mutually assured destruction comment. If NWA wants to blink and end this silly game of "killing themselves to live" and begin talking for real, then both AMFA and NWA will benefit.

That is what I mean by failure. A strike was not the proper course of action at this time and had no teeth. Yes, it was the only weapon available, but if your gun has no bullets then you don't threaten to shoot it.

You're setting up a strawman just so you can knock it down; That NWA is flying per se is not a failure for AMFA, nor a success for NWA. Their operations have been signifigantly affected, and they're stock is in the tank. There again, if they want to bargain in a way other than their way or the highway, there's a chance to recover. Keep the present course and they'll just spiral slowly down. There's the mutually assured destruction thing again...

High Iron Northwest is not hurting. They have AMFA right where they want them. Northwest’s' goal was to rid itself from AMFA. They have succeeded in that mission. It is not assured destruction fo Northwest. Northwest can operate without AMFA they have already proven that. AMFA cannot survive without Northwest. AMFA's memberships will begin to fall here shortly to the point they cannot operate. AMFA has lost all credibility with this fiasco.

Latest posts