NWA vs AFA

This should have the heading: Vote until you get it right. The AFL-CIO at its best. :(

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybri...News&rpc=44

Why should NWA do anything but tell the AFA to vote again? They have already imposed their terms. :p

We had several discussions about this before...nwa has initiated a recall of furloughed F/As and this should tip the balance in favor of ANY agreement nwa puts on the table. The last vote squeaked by and the next vote should sail through. nwa could put a pile of crap on the table (which they have before) and this time it'll go! nwa has taken full advantage of the court delay tactics.

is there really any reason for the AFA to actually sit down with the doug stealin and cronie puppets and talk when we all know what they want but arent willing to budge and not willin to negogiate in good faith

Isn't that what AMFA has been saying for over a year now? B)

You are correct GC.

Check out this quote from yesterdays article in the Star_Tribune:

"The three members of the National Mediation Board were nominated by President Bush and confirmed by the Senate. Read Van de Water, who serves on the board, is a former director of government affairs for Northwest Airlines." B)

The full article is here:

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/690796.html

I do remember this from back when we (AMFA) were in mediation. When we asked for release, we got it immediately, because that is what NWA wanted. I highly doubt the AFA will get released right away. NWA does not want it. They already have their concessions. I'm quite sure Elaine Chao, former NWA Board member and wife of Senator McConnell of KY, and Secretary of Labor, has already been called. I'm sure she will do the right thing :lol:

You are correct GC.

Check out this quote from yesterdays article in the Star_Tribune:
"The three members of the National Mediation Board were nominated by President Bush and confirmed by the Senate. Read Van de Water, who serves on the board, is a former director of government affairs for Northwest Airlines." B)

The full article is here:

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/690796.html

I do remember this from back when we (AMFA) were in mediation. When we asked for release, we got it immediately, because that is what NWA wanted. I highly doubt the AFA will get released right away. NWA does not want it. They already have their concessions. I'm quite sure Elaine Chao, former NWA Board member and wife of Senator McConnell of KY, and Secretary of Labor, has already been called. I'm sure she will do the right thing :lol:
Well, if the AFA does get released right away then I'm guessing they (NWA) have replacements already lined up. I say NWA rather have replacements than pissed off f/a's.

Hmmmm....should we take bets? :p

Well, if the AFA does get released right away then I'm guessing they (NWA) have replacements already lined up. I say NWA rather have replacements than pissed off f/a's.

Hmmmm....should we take bets? :p

My guess is NWA will have its way with the F/A's. If they are released, then NWA wants to force them to strike so they can be permantly replaced. They will not allow the other concession deals to be jeopardized by the F/A's getting anything better (the me too clauses). :down:

Here is the AFA letter to the NMB.