Pilot labor thread week 4/27-5/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we ,at usapa give Parker a substandard contract, he will bite. If we under cut market rates, and fly for less , how can he say no? If we cut awa rates,blame it on oil costs, and raise east rates, it will be a cost neutral contract.Insert doh, and it's done.
LOA 93 for the WEST!!!!!!!!!!!

So, on one hand we are told by you guys that the TA goes away and that's how you will impose DOH on us through a contract. Then I read this and you guys are now hiding behind it to avoid furloughs. It's either one or the other.
Have you even read my previous posts on this subject? I said an ALPA attorney at the Jan. CLT roadshow said the TA disappears. Another one said it stays. Nowhere did I say I knew the answer. If Bradford says it stays, then so be it. I still don't know what the real and final answer is. So in effect I didn't tell you anything concrete as I don't really know. I just passed on some information. But to say we are hiding is a complete mis characterization.

Some pilots call it a bribe. Yes usapa is trying to buy Parker. We will buy doh. Doh will give us career protection. It is worth it in the long run. If the airline furloughs all the awa guys, their captains come back as junior fo's while our fo's take their captain seats. The majority,usapa, decided this is the way it will be.

Sounds to me like the TA stays. Hemmenway said it during that meeting with employees after the earnings report, and something tells me that he wouldn't have said that without it having been through corporate legal a time or two. No one else, including usapa is saying anything different these days.

I'm getting the impression that its beginning to dawn on Bradford and crew just what they have gotten into. The defiance seems to be replaced with a more temperate demeanor.

I have to admit, it cost usapa a lot of money trying to staple awa, our contract window is closed.

The operative word in your post is TRYING. It has yet to be accomplished.

What a huge joke. "My seniority is not for sale" has been your mantra since Nicolau hit the streets and now you're willing to pay a huge price to do just that. Incredible.

Hope it was worth it.

I've posted long ago that I don't care about a call sign. Just pay me on time and I'm happy. Don't pay me? I figure I can call us anything I want. But "Crybabies"? We're not the ones still saying "Welcome to USAirways, operated by America West". If it makes you feel better, good for you back at 'ya. :lol:

Well I always wondered who was running to management about that. Thanks for bringing it up!! The best thing is not to mention the name usair at all just a flight number and destination and that does it!

Doh will work under usapa.We didn't replace alpa to have it fail. When usapa gets Mr. Parker to agree to doh, the next snap shot will have us higher up the new list,with United. If we dont merge, at least 1600 awa pilots will be on the bottom for the next furlough.Twenty plus years at US puts most of the west,and United on the bottom.

Well 20 yr F/O I'll bet you a steak dinner at Ruth Chris that you will never EVER get Parker to agree to DOH. They still got that whole major law suit thing hanging over their heads!! said it before and will again, DOH IS DOA

I have to admit, it cost usapa a lot of money trying to staple awa, our contract window is closed.

I copied this and sent it to the UAL mec with a note of what to expect for the east and usappy crowd. One thing you keep missing there career f/o, DFR for the rates and contract decrease while your increased dam that will make the case right there DO IT lets get this over with already.

Second if the company even dreams of touching that award the suit against them is an airline killer by itself.

I think you may need to read the letter to Parker from our merger atty, you know the one who kicked your tail once already?? Did I fail to mention that it's also UAL merger atty?? This is gonna get fun and fast...

I don't think 20 year fo is an east pilot. I think he is having fun cutting through the public facade and just out right saying what usapas intentions are. Kinda like pretending to be an usapa member posting after taking truth serum. He's jerking all our chains.

Well 20 yr F/O I'll bet you a steak dinner at Ruth Chris that you will never EVER get Parker to agree to DOH. They still got that whole major law suit thing hanging over their heads!! said it before and will again, DOH IS DOA
Actually, sir, Parker has no say in how the list is structured. The "lawsuit" you mention is mis-directed. Are you going to "sue" the company for something they have no control over? Good luck!

I suspect your "2% raise" will be buried by your useless USAPPA funding, at least, useless for you, not the people structuring that profit center.

Actually, sir, Parker has no say in how the list is structured.

Good ol' east coast "negotiating"- never goes out of style.

Since USAirways is now non-union, Parker has plenty of say about virtually everything.

How many pilots wish they could have re-cast their early votes, after USAPA's nature was more fully uncovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back