Status
Not open for further replies.

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
$73 million to profit sharing pool!

Today, American reported first quarter 2016 pre-tax income of $1.22 billion, excluding special items, and a first quarter record pre-tax margin of 12.9 percent. This first quarter profit means that we have accrued $73 million for our new profit sharing program, which includes employer taxes and retirement plan contributions. If the airline posts a profit for the full year, profit sharing accrued based on that profit will be divided among eligible employees. American also reported first quarter 2016 net income of $765 million, excluding special items, or $1.25 per diluted share. This first quarter net profit included a provision for income taxes of $456 million, which was substantially non-cash.

And Wall Street ain't convinced. Down almost three dollars as I type.
They trust Parker about as much as we do.

AANOTOK said:
And Wall Street ain't convinced. Down almost three dollars as I type.
They trust Parker about as much as we do.
Wall Street trusts him. They trust that he can pinch a penny so hard that a booger will fly out of Lincoln's nose. Even though profit exceeded analyst estimates revenue was lower. 

Wall Street doesn't care about yesterday's profits - what drives stock prices is the expected future profits. Stock prices go up when investors anticipate higher profits in the future. AA's yield and unit revenue have been falling like we're in a recession (most of the world is), and the management's warnings about future revenues (same with UA management) have stock traders worried.

When revenues are plunging like they have been since mid-2014, airlines are just a fuel spike away from the familiar days of the lost decade.

Reactions: 1 person
Forward looking is right and with declining yields and increasing costs is a recipe for lower stock price

Rogallo said:
~$620 per employee before taxes so far! :D
Awesome!!! I know Im just giddy with anticipation!!! Gonna pay off the house, the cars, credit card bills and the kids college!!! Wooo hoo.. Cant wait!!!

Well.. there it is mod... come and cut it...

Reactions: 3 people
jimntx said:
$73 million to profit sharing pool!

Today, American reported first quarter 2016 pre-tax income of $1.22 billion, excluding special items, and a first quarter record pre-tax margin of 12.9 percent. This first quarter profit means that we have accrued $73 million for our new profit sharing program, which includes employer taxes and retirement plan contributions. If the airline posts a profit for the full year, profit sharing accrued based on that profit will be divided among eligible employees. American also reported first quarter 2016 net income of $765 million, excluding special items, or $1.25 per diluted share. This first quarter net profit included a provision for income taxes of $456 million, which was substantially non-cash.
Doesn't mean too much. The profit sharing formula per individual is anemic. I hope no one really believes that it will be Delta like profit sharing.

Reactions: 3 people
DallasConehead said:
Awesome!!! I know Im just giddy with anticipation!!! Gonna pay off the house, the cars, credit card bills and the kids college!!! Wooo hoo.. Cant wait!!!
Well.. there it is mod... come and cut it...
I'm going to buy a new arse because my old one has a crack in it.

Reactions: 2 people
MetalMover said:
Doesn't mean too much. The profit sharing formula per individual is anemic. I hope no one really believes that it will be Delta like profit sharing.

Never mind Delta profit sharing.  How about announcing a 5% respect sharing?

Throwing money at the problem (which is, in  management's mind, the employees) will do nothing of substance to turn around the abysmal morale.

Reactions: 4 people
nycbusdriver said:

Throwing money at the problem (which is, in  management's mind, the employees) will do nothing of substance to turn around the abysmal morale.
Good point!

Rogallo said:

~$620 per employee before taxes so far! :D
That's for one quarter.  But since all of you are totally unimpressed with the profit sharing, just send me your checks when issued.  Don't forget to endorse them over to me.  I'm sure I can find a use for the measly amounts.  In the meantime would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Reactions: 4 people
nycbusdriver said:

No, but (unfortunately) it usually does a good job of shutting them up

jimntx said:
That's for one quarter.  But since all of you are totally unimpressed with the profit sharing, just send me your checks when issued.  Don't forget to endorse them over to me.  I'm sure I can find a use for the measly amounts.  In the meantime would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts