Pre-Tax Income of $1.2 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimntx said:
That's for one quarter.  But since all of you are totally unimpressed with the profit sharing, just send me your checks when issued.  Don't forget to endorse them over to me.  I'm sure I can find a use for the measly amounts.  In the meantime would you like some cheese to go with that whine?
I think I'll gladly keep and enjoy mine when it comes in next year. But I like your idea that if others don't want there's maybe they should donate it?

Lots of worthwhile charities out there.

Reactions: 1 person
Is that figure based on EVERYONE getting an equal amount, or is it like the old days where pilots would receive  $100,000 and Fleet got the crumbs to the tune of $1,000.
How was the program set up at USAIR?

AANOTOK said:
Is that figure based on EVERYONE getting an equal amount, or is it like the old days where pilots would receive  $100,000 and Fleet got the crumbs to the tune of $1,000.
Good question. But since the company recently announced PS for everyone, I could only guess that it would be based on the same formula, not necessarily the same amount. Unlike one workgroup negotiating more than the others.

AANOTOK said:
Rogallo's $620 was simply the result of dividing $73 million by the total number of employees, and is thus simply the mean - not the amount each employee will get.

At the end of 2016 (assuming a full-year profit), the profit sharing amount will be divided between the employees on the basis of W-2 wages with everyone receiving the same percentage. At Delta, the 2015 profit sharing just distributed in February was something just over 21% of each employees' W-2 wages.

Of course that means that pilots will get new-car sized profit-sharing checks and most others will get new riding mower-sized checks.

FWAAA said:
Rogallo's $620 was simply the result of dividing $73 million by the total number of employees, and is thus simply the mean - not the amount each employee will get.

At the end of 2016 (assuming a full-year profit), the profit sharing amount will be divided between the employees on the basis of W-2 wages with everyone receiving the same percentage. At Delta, the 2015 profit sharing just distributed in February was something just over 21% of each employees' W-2 wages.

Of course that means that pilots will get new-car sized profit-sharing checks and most others will get new riding mower-sized checks.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_521688-63311-960450046_0__?productId=50119841&cm_mmc=SCE_ShoppingFeed-_-OutdoorPowerEquipment-_-RidingMowers-_-50119841:Husqvarna&CAWELAID=&kpid=50119841&SID=1019064526171&CA_6C15C=320011480005032166

WeAAsles said:
I think I'll gladly keep and enjoy mine when it comes in next year. But I like your idea that if others don't want there's maybe they should donate it?

Lots of worthwhile charities out there.
Especially, BOFMSTJIMITSTTWHWLTBA, LLC.  (The Benevolent Organization For Making Sure That Jimntx Is Maintained In The Style To Which He Would Like To Become Accustomed)  :lol:

AANOTOK said:
Whats that you're asking profit USAIR ? What?  Got to ask passenger service

jimntx said:
Especially, BOFMSTJIMITSTTWHWLTBA, LLC.  (The Benevolent Organization For Making Sure That Jimntx Is Maintained In The Style To Which He Would Like To Become Accustomed)   :lol:
Or  the "Humanfund"

You wait long enough, you may be able to pick up some AAL shares cheap. $32.29 and falling (52 week high- $50.30 - Low- $32.19)

AANOTOK said:
You wait long enough, you may be able to pick up some AAL shares cheap. $32.29 and falling (52 week high- $50.30 - Low- $32.19)
Not too surprising, given that unit revenue tanked during 2015 and looks to be down again in 2016. On top of that, oil prices are on the upswing again.

The real crime is that your stupid effing union Association squandered the last 30 months without getting a contract for the ground employees. Merger closed in December, 2013 and here it is May, 2016 and only mechanics and fleet lack joint CBAs.

No doubt there will be lots of excuses (as always). The IAM/TWU Association: Long on excuses, short on results.

Reactions: 4 people
FWAAA said:
Not too surprising, given that unit revenue tanked during 2015 and looks to be down again in 2016. On top of that, oil prices are on the upswing again.

The real crime is that your stupid effing union Association squandered the last 30 months without getting a contract for the ground employees. Merger closed in December, 2013 and here it is May, 2016 and only mechanics and fleet lack joint CBAs.

No doubt there will be lots of excuses (as always). The IAM/TWU Association: Long on excuses, short on results.
UH OH, WeAAzy wont like that... :LOL:

Reactions: 5 people
FWAAA said:

No excuses. But everyone on this page should know by now who you are a part of and the people you support.

You're a part of the OLD AA management team. The one that didn't want the merger. The one that absolutely no doubt if they had gotten their way would have had us all locked in to Bankruptcy contracts that would not have expired till 2018.

Sure the speculation was that AA wanted JetBlue. But what if JetBlue hadn't gone for it? It didn't sound like they were interested. So maybe from there your management friends would have went after US on their own terms? OK if it had worked how many years might it have taken for it to happen if it had happened at all?

All I know from the facts is from the direction your friends wanted to take it at that time. "Cornerstone, Standalone Plan" The one that not a single analyst, investor, banker or Union thought was a good idea. And to be frank and honest, YES. We also hated your friends who controlled the Airline. They were extremely arrogant and confrontational. They created a TOXIC work environment.

Now you want to say that our group is behind the eight ball? Ok you're right, I agree. but 2013, ah ah. The FA's got their agreement shoved down their throats around January 2015 and so did the Pilots. and the agents just signed their deal in November 2015.  

Again I'll say that if we had stayed with your group of friends we would have been STUCK with a Bankruptcy contract till NOVEMBER 2018. And after that if History with that management team is any indicator we might not have gotten new contracts until at least 2020.

No thanks. No one was interested.  

Here's a question for the readers. If the merger hadn't happened which left us with a position that the Unions needed to gain JCBA's and we were LOCKED in, do you think Delta would have started to raise the bar on wages like they did? My opinion is I doubt it?

4) A 6 year contract with a provision to open two years early, and a union/industry first automatic wage adjustment requiring pay to snap up to industry standard by 2015. This wage adjustment will provide M&R members with significant pay raises on top of the 15% negotiated during the 6 year term of the contract. No union, not AMFA, the IBT, or the IAM has negotiated raises of 15% plus an industry standard wage adjustment on top in an agreement inside or outside BK except the TWU.

By any objective standard, these terms, however difficult, are better than any negotiated in bankruptcy for a mechanic and related group since 9/11. More jobs, preservation of existing pension benefits, the lowest outsourcing in the industry, and pay raises two times that secured by other unions dealing with bankruptcy.  Our members deserve better than what the Company has offered, but our Union has clearly made the best of a bad situation.

http://twu514.org/blog/2013/02/22/comparing-the-twu-bankruptcy-mr-agreement-to-other-unions/

xUT said:
UH OH, WeAAzy wont like that... :lol:
You don't have to like me or care about what I write. But you really want to listen on this issue to a guy who's probably a golfing buddy of our old friend Tom Delvalle and the "Bricks in a backpack" guy, that's on you I guess?

Or maybe Gerard who was so frightened of his employees that he needed security officers.

Before Doug Parker took the helm of what is now American Airlines Group in 2013, following its merger in bankruptcy with US Airways, the executive suite at American’s Fort Worth headquarters resembled a fortress.
The entrance had a big, heavy desk manned by a security guard. From there a long, winding hallway led to the chief executive’s office, where the CEO’s visitors had to get past not one, but two executive assistants.
Today, the desk at the suite entrance is gone, as is the security guard and one of the executive assistants. The hallway has been redone to create a much straighter path to Parker’s corner office doors, which, when a visitor arrives on a May afternoon, are wide open.
The change is emblematic of the cultural shift that Parker is trying to implement at the world’s biggest airline. The message to employees seems to be: “Got a question? Come on in and let’s talk.”

http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-ceo/2015/july-august/doug-parker-american-airlines-ceo-entrepreneur-of-year

WeAAsles said:
No excuses. But everyone on this page should know by now who you are a part of and the people you support.

You're a part of the OLD AA management team. The one that didn't want the merger.
You, sir, are a LIAR. GFYS

Your compulsive lies make Trump look honest by comparison.

Anyway, this thread is not about me.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.