Profit Sharing 2018

I just watched the Jetnet part where Parker is talking about our AA Profit Sharing in comparison to the industry and particularly Delta.

I have to say that the guy was pretty much spot on frankly.

Even if we had a 10% pool we would only have about a 3% PS payout because Delta is “currently” just that much more profitable than we are.

And Delta has dramatically less Employees that work for them. As Parker said “They outsource a ton of work”
Ya just can't argue the numbers below, Delta's PS pool was right at 2 1/2 times ours. That's impressive by any view.
You say more employees, delta indicates 80,000 employees are sharing, how many is AA sharing in the PS??
Hell ATL is sharing almost the entire amount of our pool alone.
I tip my hat to the employees of Delta.
Oh and BTW; I had a bet with, I think overspeed, many years back that AA would surpass Delta at the same timeframe after BK, but they have failed to do so, so I guess I was wrong on that. Delta just keeps knocking it out of the park with their profits. Congrats to all of them...

Delta announces $1.3 billion in profit sharing, $456 million for Atlanta employees (Photos)

c'mon man...parker seems affable enough, but he doesn't deserve a pass.

1) the profit sharing parameters are ridiculously stingy

2) in jet fuel alone, if aa had matched delta's skill/competence, aa would have recouped 80%, not 40%, of 2018's jet fuel price spike...which would have been an additional $850 million in profits.

$850 million more in profits would have been equivalent to about $43 million more in the profit sharing kitty - per aa's meager %...which is about 25% of what was in the kitty for the whole year.

i'm not even asking them to match united's 90% recapturing of 2018's jet fuel price spike...just delta's 80%.

2019 is the year that aa's legit excuse expires. 2019 is the expiration date of: "we haven't had the same amount of time to synergize and synchronize the merger like dl/nw and ua/co have had."

Hardly a free pass. The Worlds largest airline should be doing better and it’s not.

Only so long that Wall Street should accept the line that over time they’ll do better.

So does AA. This seems like an intentional distraction/excuse on his part to calm the masses. Has no one called him out on this?

You’re Airline does outsource much more work than AA. I don’t know if it’s a distraction/excuse on his part but it is a fact overall that AA shares the lower profits (And Pool) with far more people than your Airline.

Numbers don’t care if you’re in a Union or not.

Hardly a free pass. The Worlds largest airline should be doing better and it’s not.

+1

You’re Airline does outsource much more work than AA. I don’t know if it’s a distraction/excuse on his part but it is a fact overall that AA shares the lower profits (And Pool) with far more people than your Airline.

Numbers don’t care if you’re in a Union or not.

I’m not sure that’s true, tbh. To be clear, BOTH farm out far more than I’d like, but there’s this idea that most every DL station on the system is 3rd party, and they’re not.

I’m not sure that’s true, tbh. To be clear, BOTH farm out far more than I’d like, but there’s this idea that most every DL station on the system is 3rd party, and they’re not.

Kev the numbers don’t lie. You have around 86,000 in house (Total) Employees and at AA we have 126,000.

Parker said in the video I watched today that it was about 100,000 Main Line.

You're arguing a point I didn't make. I never claimed we had more total employees. I'm saying that Parker's idea that DL outsources while implying AA doesn't isn't accurate-especially at the station(s) level.

You're arguing a point I didn't make. I never claimed we had more total employees. I'm saying that Parker's idea that DL outsources while implying AA doesn't isn't accurate-especially at the station(s) level.

Parker never said AA doesn’t outsource. What he did say was that Delta outsources much more than AA.

That’s something we can see that hurts us and he’s looking to close the gap on some.

I just don't think that's true that the station level (on a system basis).

FWIW, our 10-K just came out today, and it states DL had 89000 FTE as of the end of 2018.

I just don't think that's true that the station level (on a system basis).

FWIW, our 10-K just came out today, and it states DL had 89000 FTE as of the end of 2018.

Kev we’re up to near 19,000 on our combined FSC count. Our TWU Represented head count alone is at almost 11,000 I believe. Then add around another 5 or 6000 I think working under the Envoy banner.

So my “guess” is around 23 to 24,000 Baggage Handlers between all the groups.