Profit Sharing 2018

how did the F/As 'get' profit sharing? i want to say the pilots bitched the most - went public about it.

i wouldn't blame any work group for people that play on the aa see-saw of 7% or 3% more than braniff or aeroflot.

so, since the company's underwhelming gesture of profit sharing (5% of pre-tax), it's a truism that 7% above IL wages is out the window?

without similar profit sharing formulas, i expect to be paid a premium above dl and ua. 3% doesn't cut it, that is not a premium over them.

the rest is on aa, not the F/As. these guys are stingy. they have no shame in gifting the shareholders with billions and using slogans for the employees.

Listen Crema this is JMO but I don’t care if people want to ***** moan and complain to get more after a deal has been struck and they’re supposed to live in honor of the choice they made. That’s Capitalism (Greed) on display at its finest.

All I know is that when we sign a deal you aren’t going to hear a peep out of me. I don’t care if Delta, United and SWA decide to reset the wage of Rampers to $50 per hour and I’m back in the shadows at 30 something.

I’m old school where a deal is a deal and you live with it. And no I don’t count a Bankruptcy (forced) deal as being an honorable deal.

And I considered 7% to be reasonable. No I don’t consider 3% to be reasonable at all.

you don't remember how they were going to vote on a TA and the same morning, delta gave it's F/As a raise? glading walked across the street and got parker to match it...despite it not being on paper.

i'd like to hope our leadership would be as proactive and persistent as that.

Again if we shake hands and agree to a deal I can live just fine with it.

If we haven’t agreed to something yet then we can keep looking at the competition to see what it is they’re doing and make the comparisons as necessary.

very honorable...but, this isn't the norm anymore in late 20th-21st century capital vs. labor in the usa.

capital got to ghostwrite legislation and weaken unions, and now use BK law as a business tool. what honor? the pilots and F/As bitched to high heaven about profit sharing and the company actually gave in, with it's meager 5% of pre-tax.

the squeaky wheel gets the oil??

now, they are getting hammered for it. no more honor. maybe amongst certain individuals, not anything systemic or used as an ethical pillar/platform to negotiate.

very honorable...but, this isn't the norm anymore in late 20th-21st century capital vs. labor in the usa.

capital got to ghostwrite legislation and weaken unions, and now use BK law as a business tool. what honor? the pilots and F/As bitched to high heaven about profit sharing and the company actually gave in, with it's meager 5% of pre-tax.

the squeaky wheel gets the oil??

now, they are getting hammered for it. no more honor. maybe amongst certain individuals, not anything systemic or used as an ethical pillar/platform to negotiate.

Like I said Crema that’s how “I’m” going to view it. I personally don’t want to spend every day of the next 10 years or so I got left trying to scratch and claw for every dollar just because I heard a whisper in the air that someone got more than me and the expectation is I’m supposed to be jealous and stamp my feet.

And when I retire if I’m lucky I’ll be moving on to some place where I can say I’m an expatriate and take nice long peaceful walks and maybe stop off in a little Cafe and have some Espresso with my neighbors and talk about the places we all came from.

Like I said Crema that’s how “I’m” going to view it. I personally don’t want to spend every day of the next 10 years or so I got left trying to scratch and claw for every dollar just because I heard a whisper in the air that someone got more than me and the expectation is I’m supposed to be jealous and stamp my feet.

no whisper in the air...delta and others have been loud and proud about their profit sharing. we all know others with different airlines and we all share info.

i have absolutely no problem with the pilots and others bitching. squeaky wheel gets the oil...the company came up with it's 5% pre-tax.

wasn't this the company that gave us a payday candy bar in exchange for tens of thousands in concessions from each employee?

And when I retire if I’m lucky I’ll be moving on to some place where I can say I’m an expatriate and take nice long peaceful walks and maybe stop off in a little Cafe and have some Espresso with my neighbors and talk about the places we all came from.

spineless pos...….accept the crumbs they throw your way you pathetic excuse for a man!!!

Reactions: swamt
Yes congrats swamt meanwhile here at the worlds largest carrier we’ll be snacking in our peanuts they gave us

I just watched the Jetnet part where Parker is talking about our AA Profit Sharing in comparison to the industry and particularly Delta.

I have to say that the guy was pretty much spot on frankly.

Even if we had a 10% pool we would only have about a 3% PS payout because Delta is “currently” just that much more profitable than we are.

And Delta has dramatically less Employees that work for them. As Parker said “They outsource a ton of work”

c'mon man...parker seems affable enough, but he doesn't deserve a pass.

1) the profit sharing parameters are ridiculously stingy

2) in jet fuel alone, if aa had matched delta's skill/competence, aa would have recouped 80%, not 40%, of 2018's jet fuel price spike...which would have been an additional $850 million in profits.

$850 million more in profits would have been equivalent to about $43 million more in the profit sharing kitty - per aa's meager %...which is about 25% of what was in the kitty for the whole year.

i'm not even asking them to match united's 90% recapturing of 2018's jet fuel price spike...just delta's 80%.

2019 is the year that aa's legit excuse expires. 2019 is the expiration date of: "we haven't had the same amount of time to synergize and synchronize the merger like dl/nw and ua/co have had."