Prop 8 over turned in CA

Perception is perception, reality is reality.

To claim they are the same to back up a misguided statement leaves the perception you will post anything to back up your preconceived notions.

Whether it is true or not.

Reactions: 1 person
Perception is perception, reality is reality.

To claim they are the same to back up a misguided statement leaves the perception you will post anything to back up your preconceived notions.

Whether it is true or not.

Well I've been selling and training Sales People for close to 30 years and Perception IS Reality. Might only be the reality of one person but it IS their reality.

If as a customer I think US Airways sucks compared to other airlines then you know what? It does and no pie chart or spreadsheet to the contrary from Parker proving otherwise matters. My perception is my reality.

Truth is not at issue here because if I perceive something as absolutely true then for me it is. Take US Airways fearless leader, Doug Parker for example. I think he's an uncaring lying drunk with multiple DUI's to prove it. Every thing I see, hear or read about him is run through my preconceived notion of who this person i, having never met him.

People do this all day, everyday. Conservative Christians believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God to be taken as written. For most of us who post here that's a bridge to far or our perception thereof, therefore it's OUR reality and vice versa for the fundamentalists.

And so it goes.

Reality is what we want it to be.

Those Chinese monitoring my thoughts and telepathically instructing me on what to post were right.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Did the judge who overturned the ruling have an opportunity to gain from his ruling?

If so, he should have recused himself for conflict of interest.

Did the judge who overturned the ruling have an opportunity to gain from his ruling?

If so, he should have recused himself for conflict of interest.
Are you suggesting that black judges should have been prohibited from hearing challenges to segregation laws or that female judges be prevented from deciding reproductive rights cases? After all, they stand to benefit from their own rulings.

I do not see how the judges sexual status would/should affect anything. Are they implying that only a straight judge could make a fair and impartial decision on a case involving the future of gay couples? I hope they get laughed out of the appeals court.

No worse than seating the head of Obamacare litigation for the White House on SCOTUS when it will be heading there...

What business is it of yours or anyone else who he likes? Are judges required to state their sexual preferences somewhere?

Nope, not my business, but he made a big stink for his LGBT brothers and sisters by not 'coming out' until after he made the ruling 'AND' after retirement. Had he disclosed a possible conflict of interest prior, this would be a non-issue.

If this is a conflict of interest then every case seen before every judge will have a conflict of some sort. No female judge can rule on females and vice-versa. A black judge cannot rule on blacks and vice-versa and the list goes on. Funny how no one is making a case over these types of cases. I guess people have come to accept blacks and women as being equal under the law.

Nope, males, females, and ethnics cannot 'hide' their sex and/or race. ( Micheal Jackson excluded... :lol: )
They may decide to dress differently and 'appear' male/and/or/female but their sex was predetermined.
Race is a non issue.

B)

Nope, not my business, but he made a big stink for his LGBT brothers and sisters by not 'coming out' until after he made the ruling 'AND' after retirement. Had he disclosed a possible conflict of interest prior, this would be a non-issue.

Nope, males, females, and ethnics cannot 'hide' their sex and/or race. ( Micheal Jackson excluded... :lol: )
They may decide to dress differently and 'appear' male/and/or/female but their sex was predetermined.
Race is a non

B)

Not that I agree with this tripe but let run with this for a second. So we are only dealing with things that can be hidden from public view. So now only atheist or agnostics can rule on religious issues such as DOMA, abortion, displays of religious item on public grounds. Im not sure how we can legally question a judge for that. Might be a violation of the COTUS.

I am not sure what the ability to hide verses not has to do with anything. An old person can have just as much bias as a religious person. A black person can have as much bias as a woman can toward cases that they have an interest in. We will never know what is in their mind. There are checks and balances in the legal system to safe guard against blatant bias.

This is a non-issue as far as I am concerned and I should hope they will be laughed out of the appellate court.

The degradation of our military continues....what a shame. Hopefully when Nobama is voted out of office in 2 years the military brass will be asking to reinstate the gay ban across all the military branches.

Just curious??

Suppose that somehow we found out the name of the SEAL team member who put a bullet between the eyes of Osama bin Laden rendering him extremely dead.

Suppose it later came out that the very same SEAL team member was as Gay as Pink Ink? Still feel as you do now?

There have been gays serving in the military since militaries have existed. They have served with honor and distinction beside their straight counterparts. The service people I have spoken with and those I have heard speak or read about, all have said they know who is gay and who is not and it does not make any difference. So long as the service person (gay, straight, male or female, white black or any other minority) can do their job they do not care.

The sad part is the ignorant slobs like the one above have no idea that that same ignorance being used against gays in the military was also used to prevent women and minorities from serving. Yet here were are with women and minorities serving in the military and our military is still able to place 79 soldiers into hostile territory, accomplish their mission and bring them all back home.

Ignorance will always be a part of society. Fortunately as those generations die off, the ignorance becomes more and more rare. The younger generations do not seem to be as biased and ignorant as those who came before. The Hackmans of the world are dying off (thankfully) and the world is spinning on it's axis just fine.

BTW, had Hackman even bothered to read he would have realized that Obama leaving office will have no affect on the status of the repeal. The Senate voted to repeal the law 65-31. The odds of it being reinstated is slim to none and I think I saw 'slim' leaving out the back door. The ban violates the COTUS and no senator is going to vote to reinstate it.