Scab's Caught Drinking

Former ModerAAtor said:
You're the first one to demand proof whenever you disagree with what someone else has claimed.

So, why the change of heart? Are you afraid there might not be any proof, and this could simply be a fabricated story to try and make people think AMFA is really winning?

I know you are all disappointed that two weeks into the strike, there's still no mass grounding of NWA aircraft due to MEL's.
[post="297006"][/post]​
I have read the article today a friend printed off the 'net, but I can't locate it on the Star Tribune website. It was a Star Tribune reporter that also witnessed it.

From what I read in the article, a scab was recorded on tape coming out of one of the scab hotels side doors drinking a Budweiser for breakfast. The scab apparently was informed the incident on tape was going to Channel 9 News. The scab then set the bottle down by a trash can. A police officer then disgarded the bottle, and verified it was half full and cold.

I will find the link tomorrow, if no one beats me to it.

I'm also hearing a this will be included into the NWA saftey FAA IA investigation currently being conducted.

Didn't sound like a fabrication to FM, but don't let me steal your union hating company man rant.... at least for tonite. Rave on...... :rolleyes:

Also, where is the data to support outsourcing having a huge impact on safety? I would assume that the last 10 years of historical data would support big increases in hull losses and fatalities due to outsourced maintenance. I must not be looking at the right data sources as I cannot find any suggested spike.

AMFAMAN Sep 4 2005, 02:14 PM Post #14

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 2,507

QUOTE(PlayTheOdds @ Sep 4 2005, 01:57 PM)
I'll bet your mothers are very disappointed in the way most of you turned out.
It has been a long standing unwritten policy or rather a gentlemens agreement(something scabs wouldn't know about) that MOM or family is never mentioned in these forums. Despite how much I disagree with management workers or twu officials on this sight, we all never bring MOM or family into the conversation. Cut us up and down but leave the family out of it. Get with the program or get lost.

BTW...she is quite proud of the what her son stands for.

AMFAMAN that is the best post you have made to date. I do apologize for such a rude post. Where were you at when everyone was slamming KTO's family though? You wouldn't be biased in your beliefs would you?

Once again thank you for pointing that out. It will not happen again.

NWAMSP said:
Also, where is the data to support outsourcing having a huge impact on safety? I would assume that the last 10 years of historical data would support big increases in hull losses and fatalities due to outsourced maintenance. I must not be looking at the right data sources as I cannot find any suggested spike.
[post="297055"][/post]​

According to articles I've read in AW&ST mechanical malfunctions are increasing compared to pilot error. I believe it has surpassed pilot error as the leading cause in the deaths of passengers travelling on commercial airlines.

The huge trend towards outsourcing is reletively recent, often errors take time to result in fatalities such as that commuter plane that flipped over down south a few years ago, it completed several flights before the final fatal crash, or the recent NWA 747 where the nose gear collapsed. When mechanics sign for their work they are responsible for it forever or until its done again by someone else who signs for it.

Perhaps the industry, and people like you feel that a certain amount a fatalities per year is acceptable and we should no longer seek to improve safety.

The fact is that NWA is playing a dangerous game with their passengers lives. It reminds of that tire company that made all those defective tires when the workers were on strike. The people that replaced the strikers did not know what they were doing and the company wanted to prove that they could survive without the strikers. So they made all these tires that killed people years later and were sued for millions. Was it worth it?

Bob Owens said:
According to articles I've read in AW&ST mechanical malfunctions are increasing compared to pilot error. I believe it has surpassed pilot error as the leading cause in the deaths of passengers travelling on commercial airlines.

Pilots are being taken out of the loop more and more as technology advances, handing over more opportunity for something mechanical to fail. Then when something does fail the system is so automated the aircraft and pilot begin to work against each other. Also you have more and more aircraft in service that are beyond their life expectancy. I think you will see a steady climb in mechanical failures from both ends of the spectrum.

PlayTheOdds,Sep 6 2005, 03:41 PM]

Pilots are being taken out of the loop more and more as technology advances, handing over more opportunity for something mechanical to fail.
Then when something does fail the system is so automated the aircraft and pilot begin to work against each other. Also you have more and more aircraft in service that are beyond their life expectancy. I think you from both ends of the spectrum.

So in other words the job of the mechanic is becoming even more critical. Its more important now than ever before to have the best of the best, not desperate scabs. How will the industry get the best of the best when they insist on cutting pay and benifits? They wont, and as you said we " will see a steady climb in mechanical failures".

Well if belonging to a union makes you the best of the best you keep thinking that. The A&P will be extinct within the next 20 years. The FAA will issue specialized system certificates. A mechanic will work on a particular system rather than the whole aircraft. That is basically the way it is in MRO's now. I don't think that was done on purpose its just the way its kind of turning out. The FAA will make it go that way.

As far as pay goes it will rebound. Technology is going to carry this industry into an absolute unpredictable future. Aviation is here to stay companies will come and go but the industry will only grow. It is the Union industry that is in trouble. It is headed for extinction due to corruption and ignorance.

PlayTheOdds said:
Well if belonging to a union makes you the best of the best you keep thinking that. The A&P will be extinct within the next 20 years. The FAA will issue specialized system certificates. A mechanic will work on a particular system rather than the whole aircraft. That is basically the way it is in MRO's now. I don't think that was done on purpose its just the way its kind of turning out. The FAA will make it go that way.

I'm, familiar with the FAR 66 proposals.
Who is kidding who here?

Do you really expect us to believe that all you scabs would rather work for $26/hr non-union than $35 plus benifits in a union?

The fact is the company does the hiring, not the union and they would not have hired any of you scabs prior to the strike. The fact is that the company picked out the best, they hired them, and then they went into the union. So its not the union that considered them the best of the best its the company. At the time they hired the mechanics there was no need to accept anyone who could pass the drug test, unlike you guys.

As far as pay goes it will rebound.

It did rebound under AMFA for mechanics but not other workers. Hopwever the corrput unions sold us out.

Technology is going to carry this industry into an absolute unpredictable future. Aviation is here to stay companies will come and go but the industry will only grow. It is the Union industry that is in trouble. It is headed for extinction due to corruption and ignorance.

It seems to me that the industry is doing its best to insure that the corrupt ignorant unions stay in place and are trying to nip AMFA and the concept of an industry wide union in the bud.

As far as the best of the best the industry will not get them. Already schools are closing and mechanics are leaving the industry. They will not attract good mechanics any more even if the pay increases because of working conditions. The industries reputation for poor pay, poor working conditions and no security will keep them away.

I hear anti-union people rail against seniority but they forget that even non-union airlines have seniority systems for shift bidding.The fact is if AMFA loses the industry is shot for mechanics. I waited 25 years for the pay to "rebound" and we were screwed after a year. Needless to say I would not recommenmd this industry to anyone. The pay now is worse than ever before. Nominal starting pay has not increased on over 20 years. Those that come in are told the same thing you are saying, that things will get better. The difference now is we have the proof that unless we get our act together and shut the whole thing down it never will.

Former ModerAAtor said:
I know you are all disappointed that two weeks into the strike, there's still no mass grounding of NWA aircraft due to MEL's.
[post="297006"][/post]​

BINGO!!!!!

you were on Vacation instead of helping your AMFA brothers. They are walking the picket lines suffering and you are on Vacation. Brotherhood....what a union

To be Honest this SCAB AMFA union thing is amusing. F?A wont talk to the mechanics Pilots who wont talk to the mechanics. Mechanics on strike making verbal threats on this board to (Scabs) It reminds me of an childrens playground. It is all very childish..But very entertaining

The link I have to the full article is not working.

Here is the quote in the Star Tribune article about the scab drinking before work, along with the reporter who apparently witnessed it.

Last update: September 1, 2005 at 10:39 PM
NWA strikers turn up the volume
Tony Kennedy, Star Tribune
September 2, 2005 NWA0902

"A striker armed with a video camera took pictures of a replacement who emerged from a side door of the hotel with a bottle of Budweiser in his hand. The replacement set the bottle behind a curbside trash can before boarding the bus. "That's going straight to Channel 9!" shouted a striker.

A University of Minnesota police officer picked up the bottle, which he later said was half-empty and cold, and set it in the garbage."

Hopfully this video will be released for all to see :up:

operaations said:
you were on Vacation instead of helping your AMFA brothers. They are walking the picket lines suffering and you are on Vacation. Brotherhood....what a union
[post="297171"][/post]​

Maybe he wasted his vacation walking picket lines? B)

Latest posts