Shame on iam prez and the iam pension bosses

I've been in the TWU for 30 yrs. I've seen what they can do..................and not do!

Does not surprise me! Union are a business. The sad part is the members have to fight with their own unions and the company. I've seen first hand how the union allow certain mechanics to make probation just to collect dues. You will never find out if the tech is any good by having him/her sweeping hangar floor for 90 days!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
matt said:
Does not surprise me! Union are a business. The sad part is the members have to fight with their own unions and the company. I've seen first hand how the union allow certain mechanics to make probation just to collect dues. You will never find out if the tech is any good by having him/her sweeping hangar floor for 90 days!!!!
Actually the iam is not our union. Our union is the collective participants of our craft. The iam or twu is only around because we contract out our union's representation to a 3rd party, which is the service organizations called the iam and twu. Rumors abound that some among us have already met with attorneys and have decided to bring our representation in house like our stews and pilots. Ive been contacted but my position is that i myself wont consider this prior to a ratification. Although i can understand the reasoning of other key people, i still think we have to be somewhat supportive of the association, at this time, even though it has become an absolute disaster by all accounts. My perspective could change if these morons cant close out a ta by january.

i think it needs to be said that many of us..very close to retirement..are counting on the IAMPF....

And it needs to be said that many of us, very close to retirement, that have never been in the IAMPF, don't want it....

Reactions: 5 people
jd630000 said:
i think it needs to be said that many of us..very close to retirement..are counting on the IAMPF....
If your USAIR and are in the IAMPF I hope you guys continue with it. Very close to retirement on the USAIR side at what age? USAIR amts average older in age than AA amt's. My understanding from chatting with a few I met USAIR has amt's still working in their 70's. You kind of wonder at what age we will all be able to retire. As far as the AA guys we are much better off with continuing with our 401K match. With most guys 10 years or less to retirement age starting a pension makes no financial sense. I'd rather see the union go after increasing our 401K match or better yet request a contribution instead of a match. Yea I know I'm dreaming.

Latest posts