Sikorsky vs Teamsters

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
Does any one have a link to the contract that the Teamsters were under before the strike? There is very little information about this strike and what little I have found does not justify a strike. I wish you guys the best of luck for I have a feeling your going to need it. Please tell me there is more to it than this:

The company's revised proposal includes:

General wage increases of 4 percent, 3.5 percent, and 3 percent in each year of the three-year contract.
A $2,500 cash bonus - $1,000 upon ratification of the contract and $1,500 in January 2007, when the new 80/20 health care plan is implemented.

An increase from $45 to $52 in the monthly multiplier for the pension benefits and a cash-balance pension increase from 50 to 60 cents per hour.

An increase from $56 to $62 per week in employees' allowed 401(k) contributions - matched by the company at 50 percent.

38 paid holidays over the life of the agreement plus three floating holidays.

A voluntary severance program for up to 200 participants, providing one-week's pay per year of service, a $15,000 lump sum pay out, and one-year of company-paid medical & dental insurance.

http://www.sikorsky.com/details/0,3036,CLI...ETI2239,00.html

:lol: I thought this was really funny. "...I'll give you a hundred dollars and take back ninety-nine..."
IMPORTANT NOTICE - All members must stay current on their union dues in order to receive a strike benefit. You must pay the $58 dues by the end of March. However, to ensure that there is no delay in your strike benefit, it is advised that you pay by the 3rd week of the month.

http://www.teamsters1150.org/strike_information.htm

There are 1.4 million Teamster members and these clowns can't waive the dues fee for the 3,600 striking members? They are asking for funds from other locals and donations, local doctors are offering free service to striking members but the Union its self can't give these guys a break? This is sad.

Latest posts

Back