Sodas $3 Pillows and Blankets $5 apiece

But does "Protect workers" mean you do only what you want or like to do?
If a company respects its workforce there is no need to protect the workers. Tempe's arrogance is apparent. They know better than everyone else, including its competitors, and it is their way or no way...for employees and customers. This is why the american west way on a grand scale is failing miserably and your company's stock is falling faster than others and your ratings dive deeper into junk status. No one has confidence in your arrogant inept management who gambled the farm on a merger.

Just look at Delta. They are doing quite well without a union.
Really? That is why they filed bankruptcy too, right?

No airline is doing well except WN.

And you cant shrink to profitibilty, only into oblivion.

Really? That is why they filed bankruptcy too, right?

No airline is doing well except WN.

And you cant shrink to profitibilty, only into oblivion.
Say what you will, but DL was able to rally its workforce together to keep tempe's arrogant mitts off of them. And, whether you think it is smoke and mirrors, DL has empowered its workforce, including the negotiations for merging with NW.

WN may be doing the best, but at this rate it looks like everyone has more staying power than US to get through this mess. Thank you tempe.

As for me, mgmt expects more work for less pay, puts us in deplorable working conditions that get worse and worse and worse, and treats us all like we are subhuman. Why should I even give in to their tactics and go the extra mile for them without getting anything in return except maybe more work since I did that extra bit to begin with, especially when I can barely make ends meet as it is? Sorry, but I'm not giving in.

Negotiations?

You are kidding right?

The only group DL has negotiated with was their pilots as they are ALPA, everyone is non-union except the dispatchers, DL doesnt have to negotiate anything.

If the merger is completed there will be elections for since NW is heavily unionized.

But right now DL has not negotiated with anyone except the pilots as they dont have too because the majority of DL employees are employees at will and have no collective bargaining rights.

If they were going to stop the pretzels they should have had some item for sale in its place. Now a question I have not seen answered is the requirement of snacks for the Extended On board Delay Program. We are to provide a snack of some sort to the passenger along with water if we are stranded for a long period of time. Where shall we get them? Rummage through the first class white trash bags? Ya know EVERY airline does THAT. :rolleyes:
Sun Chips and Granola Bars from First Class :)

HAY GURL! I will buy the cheapest tickets I can and fly US for the rest of the year, while wearing a CHAOS t-shirt. Let's do it. Tempe has to go!

If you come on my airplane with a CHAOS t-shirt I'll upgrade you for free (shhh don't tell anyone) and I'll even give you 2, that's right 2 minis! Or if you would rather have some of our fine wine, I'll let you have the whole bottle to yourself! Bother way, we have the finest Crooked Limb wine you'll ever drink. You'll even get extra because we have party cups instead of wine glasses! It's really good and fun to drink, almost as good as Boone's Farm. :lol: Reminds me of the college days at the wild frat parties! Then at the end of the flight I'll give you a little parting gift! It's on me! ;)

Sun Chips and Granola Bars from First Class :)

:shock: I am absolutely horrified! How dare you even think about giving our first class snacks away to the peons sitting in coach! Those snacks are expensive and furthermore they are for first class passengers ONLY! Period! :lol:

I could see some posters on this board saying that for real!

Thanks for the sound tip and advice etops1.....I've actually been doing that for a good while now...which, I s'pose is why I understand the seat pitch and cleaner airplane thing...yadda, yadda, yadda.

One other thing I wonder if the geniuses in the clay pot are considering.....

Suppose I, as a CP (a status I actually do hold now, amazingly enough) book a last minute ticket...and pay some STUPID price from, oh, say PVD-CLT...because, as the Parker/Kirby team say, "timing and route structure mean everything." (Wait! I thought customers only cared about price? Or was it arriving on time....wait, can someone PLEASE tell me what I care about since I'm clearly an idiot and don't know???)

Anyway, I pay the $602 or which, airfare is $559.99 (according to www.usairways.bom)....that works out to $0.82 per mile based on a 683 mile trip...for coach...

And we all know, because of the smoke and mirrors game most airlines (except WN) play with pricing, there are people on that airplane that paid $199 (if that) to fly from PVD-TPA with a stop in CLT...

And they order a soda....and I order a soda....and my ticket....as a CP...gets me the chance to spend money (I don't care if it's $1.00 or $3.00) on a friggin can of Coke??? Say WHAT?

Absolutely, unequivocally, ridiculous....

Thanks for the sage advice etops1....you're right....I should go fly anyone other then US. Oh, and by the way.....when you fly enough for a free trip on WN, you get a drink book....and when you buy Biz Select on WN, you get a drink coupon...On US when you pay top dollar...you don't get even a bag of pretzels...and soon, that top dollar seat earns you the right to pay for a soda...

Am I the only one that sees this product and it's pricing has not been remotely well thought out????

No you are spot on. The roundtrip fares from my local airport to LGA were around $700 and up non-refundable coach the last time I checked. And for that price I cannot even get a drink or an teeny tiny bag of .03 pretzels on any of my four flights? Thanks, but no thanks. I have flown US 11 flights this year and I have 12 more booked. I will probably hit Silver, because I have another 2007 voucher to redeem as a result of past miseries, but if any of this comes to fruition, I am done for good. And if it happens when I am still flying the trips I have booked, I will make sure to BYO-EVERYTHING. I can find a nice memory pillow at Brookstone, a blanket at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and a drink anywhere in the airport for less than that.

Latest posts