Teamsters posting Names of Card signers at LAX

AMFAinMIAMI

Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Miami, Fl.
The TWU is LQQKing for the mechanics around the system who are supporting either IBT or AMFA.

The IBT just made it easier for Bobby Gless to find them at LAX, they are posting the names of the supporters and cards signers.

So All you Tulsa mechanics who want the IBT to replace the TWU lets hope that Bobby does find your names posted.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe that you are protected under federal law not to have your name disclosed when filling out a card. I remember back on one of our earlier AMFA drives AA wanted the names of the guys that filled out cards before the filing. The FEDS said NO. It is illegal. Now the Teamsters are publishing names of guys that filled out cards on a open forum on the Internet. Shows you that the Teamsters have no respect for the law.

You guys that filled out Teamsters cards are about to be alienated. Is this what you wanted by filling out a Teamsters card?

Had enough yey?

I believe that you are protected under federal law not to have your name disclosed when filling out a card. I remember back on one of our earlier AMFA drives AA wanted the names of the guys that filled out cards before the filing. The FEDS said NO. It is illegal. Now the Teamsters are publishing names of guys that filled out cards on a open forum on the Internet. Shows you that the Teamsters have no respect for the law.

You guys that filled out Teamsters cards are about to be alienated. Is this what you wanted by filling out a Teamsters card?

Had enough yey?
Like any of us out here give a s__t! Alienated by whom! The Totally Worthless Union and their stooges, AMFA and their drum beaters? Most of us signed who signed cards signed both AMFA and Teamsters cards anyway. That's how desperate we are to replace this worthless TWU. Anybody who doesn't like it can piss off! At least most of us have a backbone out here. We, as a station voted NO on this POS contract too.

Reactions: 2 people
Wether you care or not the law was broken. The twu must go but supporting the teamsters is exactly what the twu wants. The teamsters is no better if not worse than the twu. Higher dues and they will try to get our frozen pensions. Desperation leads to irrational decisions. This is what the teamsters and the twu want. All the line stations voted NO. This is why the twu is getting rid of the line stations.
Don't fall in the desperation trap. Amfa is the only union unless you want to stay with the twu.

Like any of us out here give a s__t! Alienated by whom! The Totally Worthless Union and their stooges, AMFA and their drum beaters? Most of us signed who signed cards signed both AMFA and Teamsters cards anyway. That's how desperate we are to replace this worthless TWU. Anybody who doesn't like it can piss off! At least most of us have a backbone out here. We, as a station voted NO on this POS contract too.

LAX AMT

Its was not the fact that you or anyone else at LAX signed both or either it's the fact that the IBT posted your names.

We all dislike the TWU and have for yrs been try to remove them, lets hope that this time we accomplish that.

Just make sure you signed the AMFA card last. The TWU is hoping all the line guys that are fed up, will sign both IBT & AMFA cards. This would dilute the vote for AMFA. Whatever card was signed most recently, is the one that will be counted.

LAX AMT

Since you have I assume seen the list, go to each one on that list and ask them if they wanted the IBT to POST their names on the internet for AA and the TWU to see.

I worked there for 12yrs I don't think that many would say "YES" to that question?

They are all not IBT organizer either.

Wether you care or not the law was broken. The twu must go but supporting the teamsters is exactly what the twu wants. The teamsters is no better if not worse than the twu. Higher dues and they will try to get our frozen pensions. Desperation leads to irrational decisions. This is what the teamsters and the twu want. All the line stations voted NO. This is why the twu is getting rid of the line stations.
Don't fall in the desperation trap. Amfa is the only union unless you want to stay with the twu.

The law was not broken.

The Teamsters contacted individuals and asked their permission. For several reasons I did not give permission to the IBT but I can assure you there was no sense of coercion or pressure during that conversation.

I suggest you think twice before clicking on the "post" button.

The law was not broken.

The Teamsters contacted individuals and asked their permission. For several reasons I did not give permission to the IBT but I can assure you there was no sense of coercion or pressure during that conversation.

I suggest you think twice before clicking on the "post" button.
. So you say.

Until someone whose name is on the list complains then there really is nothing to discuss. So far that does not seem to be the case. I think there are better things to debate.

To me paying the IBT $350 more a year to administer the same agreement just doesnt make sense. If the IBT is where we are to end up why not just wait till they can earn the extra $350? Why not save the $1400 extra that we would be paying them till we can start section 6 openers?

I would be more concerned as to what the IBT is planning to do with us if we did end up there. Would they split us into all different Locals with an unelcted hierchy dictating everything? Would we all be put in one Local like UPS or split up like UAL? UAL is the more recent example, from what I've heard they have guys in SFO split between two unions. Apparently since the Local in LAX invested money in organizing the mechanics they get a share of the spoils. I have no desire to be the spoils of yet another Buisness Union and I certianly am not willing to spend an extra $350/year for that.

Yes there is no doubt about it, the 1200 IBT represented mechanics at UPS do very well compared to the rest of us, but the IBT did not even attempt to bring a similar deal back to CAL or UAL. They didnt even try and match what WN gets either, and they claim that they negotiated that deal as well. So its seems that the IBT does not feel that all mechanics are equal. They cut whatever deal is best for the IBT, splitting the same title group in one station between different locals is a perfect example of that. What they have done is a form of Bait and switch. "Look at what we have to offer(UPS), after you bite the hook they tell you what you are going to get (UAL, CAL at best).

In 2001 we all made around the same, even UPS. If they didnt even try at UAL and CAL to get them what they got UPS what makes anyone think that they will work wonders at AA, what makes us thinik they will even get us what UAL gets? I have yet to see them criticize the agreement we currently have, so what really are they offering us? If they had come out and at least said that they believe we all should be at UPS rates but competative issues within the passenger airline system make that unattainable at present due to American Airlines and USAIRWAYS super concessionary deals dragging everyone else down that would be one thing, (the IBT used to do that) but they didnt. To me this shows that they do not have a philosophical position on what an Aircraft Mechanic should be paid, nor are they on a mission to try and set a high standard across the industry. All I see is they want all our dues.Thats reason enough to reject their offer to allow us to pay them $350 more a year than we are already paying.

LAX AMT

Since you have I assume seen the list, go to each one on that list and ask them if they wanted the IBT to POST their names on the internet for AA and the TWU to see.

I worked there for 12yrs I don't think that many would say "YES" to that question?

They are all not IBT organizer either.
So these guys were okay with publicly displaying their desire to raise our dues $350 a year for the same contract. What a bunch of (insert word)... :blink:
Yeah you're right. We don't care. We're willing to stand up and publicy say we want a change. $350.00 a year is chump change compared to what this TWU has cost us on this contract and over the years and $350.00 is chump change compared to what it's costing you to relocate to MIA thanks to this TWU negotated contract. I guess some of you don't get it. We're sick of the TWU, fed up, tired of this s__t. We here at LAX have signed AMFA cards every time they've come around, for years and years all to no avail. AMFA just can't quite get it done. LAX isn't the problem. The eunuch's in TULE are the problem. IBT says 90% of us signed Teamsters cards but 100% of us want the TWU gone. The TWU's elimination of the line locals was the last straw for any remaining TWU holdouts here at LAX.
At this point we're willing to go with whoever can actually win this battle. AMFA reps were recently here to talk to us and were denied access to the property. We the members found out about this after the fact and we're not happy about it. We're demanding answers from those responsible and believe me, there's a lot of finger pointing and blame sharing going on out here related to that incident. We want and deserve to hear what they have to say but at this point the general consensus out here is that whoever can get us away from the TWU the fastest is going to win our battle.

Yeah you're right. We don't care. We're willing to stand up and publicy say we want a change. $350.00 a year is chump change compared to what this TWU has cost us on this contract and over the years and $350.00 is chump change compared to what it's costing you to relocate to MIA thanks to this TWU negotated contract. I guess some of you don't get it. We're sick of the TWU, fed up, tired of this s__t. We here at LAX have signed AMFA cards every time they've come around, for years and years all to no avail. AMFA just can't quite get it done. LAX isn't the problem. The eunuch's in TULE are the problem. IBT says 90% of us signed Teamsters cards but 100% of us want the TWU gone. The TWU's elimination of the line locals was the last straw for any remaining TWU holdouts here at LAX.
At this point we're willing to go with whoever can actually win this battle. AMFA reps were recently here to talk to us and were denied access to the property. We the members found out about this after the fact and we're not happy about it. We're demanding answers from those responsible and believe me, there's a lot of finger pointing and blame sharing going on out here related to that incident. We want and deserve to hear what they have to say but at this point the general consensus out here is that whoever can get us away from the TWU the fastest is going to win our battle.

Well said ! These guys that are complaining about paying more in union dues obviously want to keep getting raped by the TWU. People wake up at some point your going to have to stand up and say enough is enough!

The TWU is LQQKing for the mechanics around the system who are supporting either IBT or AMFA.

The IBT just made it easier for Bobby Gless to find them at LAX, they are posting the names of the supporters and cards signers.

So All you Tulsa mechanics who want the IBT to replace the TWU lets hope that Bobby does find your names posted.
Jim you've been beating this AMFA horse for YEARS and have gotten us nowhere. Trust me most of us would prefer a craft union over the IBT but AMFA just can't quite seem to get it done. Year after year after year after year. Well guess what? We're getting sick of waiting. We're sick of hearing the same old rhetoric and same old excuses. Your preaching to the choir here pal but if you guys can't get it together the IBT is going to kick AMFA to the curb. The line stations aren't the problem TULE is. If you guys can't go in there and win TULE over once and for all do you guys think we have any confidence in AMFA to someday successfully negotiate us an industry leading contract? Or at the very least start digging us out of the hole that the TWU got us into?
The fact that you guys flew out here and couldn't even get on the property to talk to us is pathetic. What did you guys do? Throw your hands up in the air, get back on the plane and go home? Is that what we can expect from AMFA when difficult contract negotiations come up? Is that all you got? (that was a question, I expect an answer).

Trust me here, we at LAX would prefer AMFA. We don't want to be represented by a truck drivers union any more then we do by this bus drivers union but if AMFA can't get it done we're ready to back the stronger horse.

And nobody here gives a s__t what Bobby Gless says. We told him to piss off back in 03 when him and Chris Oryanio and the rest of that TWU dog and pony show showed up out here to sell us on that "Pull together, Win together" Bulls__t and we'll tell him again, preferably to his face.
They're done. Their time is over. They had their chance and they sold us out. Time for change!