Teamsters posting Names of Card signers at LAX

Guys, guys, guys. Ignore brownmech. He is only here to deflect the issues at hand. His postings are a regular bamble from the bottle. He has no new info or revelant info. He is posting as fast as he can to get his posting numbers raised. Let him go. Leave him be. Ignore him. It will drive his crazy, lol. I like the post that said it might be anomaly, lol, that was a good one, it more than likely is...

To answer your question:

When we were denied access to talk to AMTs on the property we didn't throw our hands in the air and go home. Actually we put our hands in our jacket pockets because it was freezing on January 14 and we stood in the parking lot and talked to guys as they came to work or left work. Louie Key, AMFA National Director, (the guy we get to vote for), was right there next to us. We didn't give up because some spineless punks are afraid of the truth about a craft union so they run to management to deny us access. We are committed to this fight. LAX is perhaps tired of signing cards but each AMFA card we get signed from LAX gets us that much closer to getting rid of the twu and their suck asses. If you care to help get cards signed in LAX then send Jim or I a message. We WILL get rid of the twu at AA!
Yes I am willing to help get cards signed and Jim knows who I am and how to get a hold of me BUT first we need to decide, as a whole group which union we want to represent us because face it, as long as we're split between AMFA and the IBT we're not going anywhere. Nothing is going to happen and we'll continue to be stuck with the TWU. We can not continue to split the vote or we'll remain in this limbo forever. One of these two unions has to step aside or be swept aside. Until then we're all just pissing in the wind. How long does everybody want to keep this up? Another duel card drive this year, another one next year and so on and so forth. The TWU is loving this. We're making fools out of ourselves.

The twu is orchestrating this. They want the teamsters to prevail over Amfa. No resistance from the twu on the Ibt raid but both are bad mouthing Amfa. Why is that? Craft union over industrial unions anyday. Less dues to pay to a union that spends more on its members. Amfa has mtc locals already setup and ready to go. Teamsters tells us we will be mixed in with other groups because it cost more to have our own locals. Yet they collect higher dues. Why is that? Teamsters is going after the frozen pensions at ual/cal AMTs. They never asked them to take over the pensions. If the teamsters get in at aa they will make a move for our pensions. I got this info from a friend of mine who works at ual/cal in sfo. Teamsters wants money. That's it. They see dollar signs not individuals. Push them aside like you said and focus on Amfa. If any future merger comes around it will complicate things. AMFA is the only choice we have. Amfa is not even a option. It is the only way to go. I think we all had enough of the twu. Teamsters will be a continuation of the twu. They have the same structure and will cost us more money and it might cost us what's left of our pensions. It's crunch time. Amfa or bust!

Yes I am willing to help get cards signed and Jim knows who I am and how to get a hold of me BUT first we need to decide, as a whole group which union we want to represent us because face it, as long as we're split between AMFA and the IBT we're not going anywhere. Nothing is going to happen and we'll continue to be stuck with the TWU. We can not continue to split the vote or we'll remain in this limbo forever. One of these two unions has to step aside or be swept aside. Until then we're all just pissing in the wind. How long does everybody want to keep this up? Another duel card drive this year, another one next year and so on and so forth. The TWU is loving this. We're making fools out of ourselves.

I don't think we are making fools of ourselves. In fact I know we have the twu's attention because the teamsters are here at their request. Funny how the twu can only attack AMFA but act as if the teamsters are only window shopping.

We have decided that AMFA is the union for our craft. The fact that witt was able to get some cards signed in LAX was only because he works there and fed off the anger we all have towards the twu. He used empty promises and "name recognition" for the teamsters. But when it comes down to shining a light on the teamsters which reveals that they are a mirror image of the twu people realize that AMFA is the only choice for our craft at AA... and industry wide.

Since Jim knows who you are then I'd like to ask that you help out in LAX. Each AMFA card signed gets us that much closer to filing.

Changing to the teamsters from the twu is like changing our socks from one foot to the the other and saying "We changed our socks." but did we really change? The teamsters will not step aside and if AMFA organizers stepped aside that would be exactly what the twu wants as the teamsters will not file and the twu will have escaped another close call. Besides, if AMFA organizers stepped aside we would do a great injustice to AA AMTs and also an injustice for our craft as a whole.

As certificated AMTs it is our responsibility to make our craft better and bringing a craft, democratic union in at AA will be a great way of meeting this responsibility.

Ken MacTiernan
SAN AMT

I don't think we are making fools of ourselves. In fact I know we have the twu's attention because the teamsters are here at their request. Funny how the twu can only attack AMFA but act as if the teamsters are only window shopping.

We have decided that AMFA is the union for our craft. The fact that witt was able to get some cards signed in LAX was only because he works there and fed off the anger we all have towards the twu. He used empty promises and "name recognition" for the teamsters. But when it comes down to shining a light on the teamsters which reveals that they are a mirror image of the twu people realize that AMFA is the only choice for our craft at AA... and industry wide.

Since Jim knows who you are then I'd like to ask that you help out in LAX. Each AMFA card signed gets us that much closer to filing.

Changing to the teamsters from the twu is like changing our socks from one foot to the the other and saying "We changed our socks." but did we really change? The teamsters will not step aside and if AMFA organizers stepped aside that would be exactly what the twu wants as the teamsters will not file and the twu will have escaped another close call. Besides, if AMFA organizers stepped aside we would do a great injustice to AA AMTs and also an injustice for our craft as a whole.

As certificated AMTs it is our responsibility to make our craft better and bringing a craft, democratic union in at AA will be a great way of meeting this responsibility.

Ken MacTiernan
SAN AMT

I agree with you on the IBT being the same old story as the TWU but as long as we remain divided and until one of these two unions reign in TULE, nothing is going to change. I talk to guys here every day about this and down to man we all would prefer AMFA but we're tired of waiting and that's why the IBT got all those cards signed. Witt wasn't just feeding off the anger towards the TWU but the members frustration with AMFA not being able to get it done year after year. After all these years AMFA just hasn't gotten off the ground here at AA and the guys are willing to go with IBT even knowing it may not be the best choice but because they can at least rid us of the TWU. When one of these two unions reign in TULE and all the rest of the stations see that happen then everyone else will fall right in behind them and one of these two unions will have the numbers needed. I hope that's AMFA but if it's not, like I've said before I'll go with whomever gets us away from the TWU because that's my personal priority. As I said before I'll help with a card drive but I won't continue to beat a dead horse year after year after year. TULE has to be the priority for anything else to move forward. Without them we're dead in the water. Bottom line, end of story!

I believe that you are protected under federal law not to have your name disclosed when filling out a card. I remember back on one of our earlier AMFA drives AA wanted the names of the guys that filled out cards before the filing. The FEDS said NO. It is illegal. Now the Teamsters are publishing names of guys that filled out cards on a open forum on the Internet. Shows you that the Teamsters have no respect for the law.

You guys that filled out Teamsters cards are about to be alienated. Is this what you wanted by filling out a Teamsters card?

Had enough yey?

Well the Teamsters were at my house 3 times. They had my name, address, and years with the company. They got that information from the TWU.

Why would you put another industrial union in place that you have "no control" as far as international officers and alot of the local officers?? Tulsa needs to look at it this way: Bring AMFA in, vote in all officers to run AMFA locals. Do NOT vote in any currently running as union reps and officers of the TWU OR anyone supporting teamsters, they will try to sabatoge the AMFA from within. Watch these guys like a hawk, if any of them do something the membership does not like then fire them, and vote someone else in. With AMFA you won't have to change complete unions to bring change to the ranks, you simply change the leadership at the local level, or even at the National level, that simple. You guys vote the teamsters in and will be worse than you got it now. We (southwest airline mechs X-teamsters) are trying to warn you before it's too late. Bring AMFA in where the membership has much much more control of their union. A mechanics union running a mechs union...

Why would you put another industrial union in place that you have "no control" as far as international officers and alot of the local officers?? Tulsa needs to look at it this way: Bring AMFA in, vote in all officers to run AMFA locals. Do NOT vote in any currently running as union reps and officers of the TWU OR anyone supporting teamsters, they will try to sabatoge the AMFA from within. Watch these guys like a hawk, if any of them do something the membership does not like then fire them, and vote someone else in. With AMFA you won't have to change complete unions to bring change to the ranks, you simply change the leadership at the local level, or even at the National level, that simple. You guys vote the teamsters in and will be worse than you got it now. We (southwest airline mechs X-teamsters) are trying to warn you before it's too late. Bring AMFA in where the membership has much much more control of their union. A mechanics union running a mechs union...

Yeah, bring amfa in. We all love a circus, and the clowns are the best act of all. Bring amfa in and you will know what a three ring negotiation circus can feel like. Not so sure??

Take a look at the negotiations between amfa-SWA and Teamsters-UAL.

Teamsters have met for three weeks straight and have completed over half of the agreement since starting just a few weeks ago in January.

http://www.teamster....s-weekly-update

amfa started negotiations several months ago and is working unsuccessfully, one article at a time on an average of about two to four days a month. The negotiating committee is made up solely of elected officials representing only the union and does not contain even one regular rank and file mechanic (the everyday guy). The observers should be part of the negotiations, not just a silent back seat. "Thanks for listening..."

http://www.amfanatio...m&HomeID=255391

Just look at this campaign....who in amfa is in charge? Grass roots will only take you so far, after that, you need a real union who can lead and gain the respect of the company.

We tried amfa at United Airlines and they failed us miserably. They will fail and hurt you more than you realize at AA. Simply put, amfa is a very bad implementation of a good idea. Teamsters have taken the best part of that idea and turned it to a success story for mechanics at UAL and CAL

Besides the breakdown at UAL, look at NWA! Are you sure you want to gamble your futures on a proven failure of a union? amfa has tried for 50 years and delivered what???

If you want your negotiations to be like a Circus...or you love clowns....vote amfa....the jokes on you. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, bring amfa in. We all love a circus, and the clowns are the best act of all. Bring amfa in and you will know what a three ring negotiation circus can feel like. Not so sure??

Teamsters have met for three week straight and have completed over half of the agreement since starting just a few weeks ago.

http://www.teamster.org/content/ualcalcmi-mechanics-weekly-update

amfa started negotiations several months ago is working unsuccessfully at one article on an average for about two to four days a month. The negotiating committee is made up solely of elected officials representing the union and does not contain even one regular rank and file mechanic (the everyday guy).

http://www.amfanational.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=255391

Just look at this campaign....who in amfa is in charge? Grass roots will only take you so far, after that, you need a real union who can gain the respect of the company.

We tried amfa at United Airlines and they failed us miserably. They will fail and hurt you more than you realize at AA. Simply put, amfa is simply a very bad implementation of a very good idea. Besides the breakdown at UAL, look at NWA! Are you sure you want to gamble your futures on a proven failure of a union? amfa has tried for 50 years and delivered what???

If you want your negotiations to be like a Circus...or you love clowns....vote amfa....the jokes on you. :lol: :lol:
Our negotiations are going just fine.

But if you want to talk about a real circus, it has to be the UAL-CAL seniority integration.
The IBT only has to negotiate with themselves to get that done but haven't been able to do it for what? 2 years is it?

Maybe it is easy for the teamsters to negotiate contract language with a company behind closed doors without observers and giving in to the company all the time.

Let's see the IBT SLI agreement before you stick your nose into our contract talks.

It is on the web site I posted. Seniority is date of hire for lay off and recall. Not some watered down piece of turd like you all implemented at SWA.

It is on the web site I posted. Seniority is date of hire for lay off and recall. Not some watered down piece of turd like you all implemented at SWA.
You forget that the teamsters folded like a cheap suit when they went against us in our SLI negotiations.
And the IBT agreed to that turd.

Teamsters have met for three weeks straight and have completed over half of the agreement since starting just a few weeks ago in January.

amfa started negotiations several months ago and is working unsuccessfully, one article at a time on an average of about two to four days a month. The negotiating committee is made up solely of elected officials representing only the union and does not contain even one regular rank and file mechanic (the everyday guy). The observers should be part of the negotiations, not just a silent back seat. "Thanks for listening..."

Just look at this campaign....who in amfa is in charge? Grass roots will only take you so far, after that, you need a real union who can lead and gain the respect of the company.

We tried amfa at United Airlines and they failed us miserably. They will fail and hurt you more than you realize at AA. Simply put, amfa is a very bad implementation of a good idea. Teamsters have taken the best part of that idea and turned it to a success story for mechanics at UAL and CAL

Besides the breakdown at UAL, look at NWA! Are you sure you want to gamble your futures on a proven failure of a union? amfa has tried for 50 years and delivered what???

AMFA settled the seniority issue at SWA. How is the seniority issue progressing at UAL/CAL? Seniority is everything and the Teamsters can not settle it after how long?
I will take my chances with AMFA any day over the money sucking Teamsters.

Wow. Your first post in awhile and it's full of lies, as usual Anomally:
Your anology speaks volumes for AMFA and shows just how the teamsters really do nego. AMFA is being exceptionally thorough with each and every article that they discuss. teamsters are just agreeing (behind closed doors) with the company on everything, hence the quick movement at UAL. We don't care how long it takes, we will just sit back and enjoy our industry leading contract until the time comes.
The nego team is in fact "all" elected officials. They are "all" rank and file members, mechanics, QC inspectors, and when neccessary AMFA will pull in rank and file members from our newer groups to assist in nego new language for MC, Tech Sups, and Instructors. I repeat "THE ENTIRE NEGO CMTE IS ELECTED, NOT APPOINTED, RANK AND FILE MEMBERS" (the everyday mechanic as you put it).
Wrong again buddy; our observers are directly involved with nego's. While at the table AMFA has a rule; No observers nego directly with the company. If an observer has something to say, he or she, will bring it to the attention of the lead nego and a caucuss will break out to hear what the observers have to say. Then apply such info at the table next time they go back. Can you do this with your union? Nope. Nobody does this but AMFA.
There is a card drive at UAL to fire the teamsters. AMFA and IAM drives. And since there is a drive at US to fire the IAM, and after AA brings in AMFA, I foresee an easily won electorial vote for AMFA to come back to UAL. Simply put the teamsters have not followed thru with one single promice that they said they would do.

Wow. The teamsters are 1/2 way thru your entire contract in a matter of 3 weeks. No thx brother. I'll keep my thorough AMFA cmte members at my table anyday.

“US Airways needs to get serious about coming to contract terms with its own employees instead of bribing American’s employees to support its merger dreams,” said IAM General Vice President Sito Pantoja.
“Management needs to spend less time and money on hypothetical mergers and more time addressing their current employess’ needs. This 4.3 percent raise is not even a down payment on what IAM members at US Airways will get at the conclusion of our negotiations,” said Pantoja. ”IAM members can rest assured that their negotiators will not ask them to accept such a paltry pay increase. IAM members, and only IAM members, will determine the terms of their contract.”
“The executives at US Airways should be ashamed of themselves. IAM members have made this carrier a success once again only to be treated with disrespect,” said Pantoja. “It’s time to pay the rent and the paltry 4.3 percent USAirways offered American’s employees is unacceptable.”

rotflmao..

Latest posts

Back