Temporary Injunction against USAPA filed today

I was unaware that you guys use the PIT center for scheduling? Because I most definatly do not talk to tempe when I call scheduling, unless the 412 area code gets rerouted to AZ!

And for talking to tempe the folks at scheduling sure talk about the steelers and say "Yuns" alot! :)

All kidding aside, we talk to Pittsburgh for dispatch, and scheduling, do you guys use the PIT center also? Never asked about maint control since when we need it we call the 412 PIT number for our dispatcher. I suppose that PIT could bump us to a tempe number when we wanted to talk to maint, but that is not the impression that I get.
Typically clueless.

You have the higher pay rate and better benefits, what do you care what I make? Would not have something to do with all our retirements would it? Otherwise a seniority list with fences should be just fine with you...joint contract and higher pay, and its all about the pay right?
No, I don't care anything about your retirements. However, we are one airline who have to share upside and downside benefits and consequences. I want a raise, mostly.

Secondly I want the integration cloud to disperse. Before Age65 came along, it was the only thing people talked about. After it passed, folks moved on. But,

Thirdly, I want to be able to look at a pilot from the east and see more than just a guy who slimed his way out of an obligation. If USAPA can stall things long enough to accomplish a De Facto DOH seniority list, that's all that many will be able to see. My disdain for the youngest and agriest of the "slimers" (if NIC is ignored) will be mixed with some pity for the amount of time they will have to wear that label.

Sure, eventually we can go to work, ignore the slimers, divide up at the hotel elevator each to our separate tribes. And we can enjoy a career that perpetuates the crap we see here on this board.

And when the youngest of todays slimers retires, maybe his wife will walk with him out the jetway and he can look back and decide then if it was worth it.

The second would be the NIC with 10 to 15 year fences to protect each sides retirements.
Fence the East's industry leading costs out of Phoenix (impossible) and maybe we can talk. But, since fencing costs is a total fantasy, forget anything but the Nicolau.

And by the way, your retirement numbers are way off. You lose 562 total, of which a third or more are on medical already or will retire out of the right seat. Your sitting on a BK contract for nothing, but heck, we in the West don't care. You are so far behind us in pay and work rules, and your scab union is so incompetent, separate ops is the best alternative.

Enjoy LOA93 for another decade.

Typically clueless.

LOL, normal west response I guess.

The question stands, I never thought to ask it I guess or i missed the memo. On our side the only thing that changed in daily ops when we merged was some flows, the maint logbook, and the area code that I call when they screw up my check!

It is a simple question, do you guys use Pittsburgh for Scheduling, dispatch and Maint?

LOL, normal west response I guess.

The question stands, I never thought to ask it I guess or i missed the memo. On our side the only thing that changed in daily ops when we merged was some flows, the maint logbook, and the area code that I call when they screw up my check!

It is a simple question, do you guys use Pittsburgh for Scheduling, dispatch and Maint?
It is a single MX, scheduling, res system, dispatch, ect for several years now.

I was unaware that you guys use the PIT center for scheduling? Because I most definatly do not talk to tempe when I call scheduling, unless the 412 area code gets rerouted to AZ!

And for talking to tempe the folks at scheduling sure talk about the steelers and say "Yuns" alot! :)

All kidding aside, we talk to Pittsburgh for dispatch, and scheduling, do you guys use the PIT center also? Never asked about maint control since when we need it we call the 412 PIT number for our dispatcher. I suppose that PIT could bump us to a tempe number when we wanted to talk to maint, but that is not the impression that I get.
Are you f'ing serious?!?!? :blink:

Why do you set your sites so low? Has LOA93 f'ed up your expectations up that badly?

Toga, you are not playing fair. You guys already know the results of the LOA 93 arbitration. We don't. Cut us some slack.

All we know is there is all this "high five-ing" going on the Ninth floor, so we must assume a complete and total loss. And when the bad news finally comes to us here on the East, promise to go easy. I know you have a big heart on the inside of that rough exterior.

RR

And by the way, your retirement numbers are way off. You lose 562 total
Need to check your list again, not the AOL propaganda one. We lose 7 next year to age 65 I think it was, then 200+ give or take each year till 2021. Yes some are already our on medical etc. Last time I counted we had roughly 2700 active and about 3400 total. So yes 700 of that 2000 number are not active assuming all 700 on medical are nearing retirement age. But that still leaves 1300 active gone in the next 10 years.

Toga, you are not playing fair. You guys already know the results of the LOA 93 arbitration. We don't. Cut us some slack.

All we know is there is all this "high five-ing" going on the Ninth floor, so we must assume a complete and total loss. And when the bad news finally comes to us here on the East, promise to go easy. I know you have a big heart on the inside of that rough exterior.

RR
Oh come on. You've got to give me a week to ride you guys. :D

Who is Toga?

No, it really is a clueless question. You don't remember the bidding between PHX, CLT, & PIT to get the new combined OCC and the jobs it represented 4 or so years ago? Or the article in AboutUS when it was completed - sort of a virtual tour? The PHX OCC employees facing moving across the country to keep their job or looking for another one?

Jim

Need to check your list again, not the AOL propaganda one. We lose 7 next year to age 65 I think it was, then 200+ give or take each year till 2021. Yes some are already our on medical etc. Last time I counted we had roughly 2700 active and about 3400 total. So yes 700 of that 2000 number are not active assuming all 700 on medical are nearing retirement age. But that still leaves 1300 active gone in the next 10 years.
This coming from a guy who knows nothing about OCC.

No, it really is a clueless question. You don't remember the bidding between PHX, CLT, & PIT to get the new combined OCC and the jobs it represented 4 or so years ago? Or the article in AboutUS when it was completed - sort of a virtual tour? The PHX OCC employees facing moving across the country to keep their job or looking for another one?

Jim

Hehe, nope I guess I don't remember that one. Must have been at my kids baseball game or something! Sorry for offending you all knowing west guys like that!

Hehe, nope I guess I don't remember that one. Must have been at my kids baseball game or something! Sorry for offending you all knowing west guys like that!
Jim isn't west.

As for all knowing, we here out west put the effort in and actually look things up and verify info. We don't parrot everything USAPA says. You guys should try it instead of being lemmings.

This coming from a guy who knows nothing about OCC.

Well considering in 2002 after the furloughs were done the youngest guy left active on the list I believe was 42, fast forward that to 2012 and that guy is now 52, not too hard to figure out most of the ones older than him are going out in the next 10 years. Either we had the biggest concentration of 42 to 45 year olds ever assembled at the airline with 25 years seniority, or most of them are going to hit 65 in the next 10 years. :)

Latest posts

Back