Third quarter profit report

JayBrian

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
PHL
Visit site
Profit $240 M or $1.22/share. Revenue $3.18 B.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-airways-swings-to-third-quarter-profit-2010-10-20?siteid=yhoof2

The company's ability to stockpile cash has been very impressive. As reported: "The Company’s total cash and investments balance on Sept. 30, 2010 was $2.4 billion, of which $389 million was restricted, up from $2.0 billion, of which $530 million was restricted on Sept. 30, 2009." It looks like the company's cash position is a plus $531 million from a year ago. To all of us on the front line let's keep up the good work!

Outstanding performance all around. Even with a 17% increase in fuel prices US still reported a record 3Q profit. Good job everyone. Here's hoping for a great 4Q and a record year for profitability.

Wow, that's a lot of money for a small airline! Congrats to everyone who made it happen. Usually USAirways is the last one to report financials but I guess they got too excited and had to be first.

Wow, that's a lot of money for a small airline! Congrats to everyone who made it happen. Usually USAirways is the last one to report financials but I guess they got too excited and had to be first.

It's nice to see the "Ugly Girl" succeed. Keep up the good work everyone. You're our carrier of choice.

How much will be each work group's share? It's been so long since we've profit shared I forgot.
Profit sharing is based on full-year results. The total profit sharing pool will be based on what happens in the 4th quarter. If 4Q is profitable, the pool gets bigger. If there is a loss, it will shrink the 2010 profit sharing pool. I don't have the specifics, but each workgroup is granted a certain percentage of the pool. Pilots receive the largest portion interms of percentage and total dollars.

Too bad fleet service won't get a dime of profit sharing. They gave that up in the last contract.

Congrats to the hard work of the employees. I hope you all get to share in the wealth. Gee, my company took away profit sharing last year (which I loudly protested, to no avail -- I probably have a black mark in my file now). Maybe I should go work for US. :D

Congrats to the hard work of the employees. I hope you all get to share in the wealth. Gee, my company took away profit sharing last year (which I loudly protested, to no avail -- I probably have a black mark in my file now). Maybe I should go work for US. :D
The reason profit sharing exist at USAirways is because the unions on the property during bankrupisty negotiated it and then gave it to HP employees after the merge

Reactions: 1 person
The reason profit sharing exist at USAirways is because the unions on the property during bankrupisty negotiated it and then gave it to HP employees after the merge

Such a troll. Is this the answer you are looking for?

You could also say that the reason there is any profit sharing at all is because of HP period - without em you'd been liquidated...

Reactions: 2 people
Wow the unions are so generous. What did they do for the non-contract employees who get to share in the company profits and also seem to get a salary increase every year with no assistance from a CBA whatsoever? how did the US unions arrange that with Management?

Wow the unions are so generous. What did they do for the non-contract employees who get to share in the company profits and also seem to get a salary increase every year with no assistance from a CBA whatsoever? how did the US unions arrange that with Management?

A salary increase every year???? I'm a non-contract employee and I guess I'm owed some money!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

A salary increase every year???? I'm a non-contract employee and I guess I'm owed some money!!! Thanks for the tip!!!
Grade level and performance will factor in to the equation too. It's not a guarantee but it happen far more frequently than most of the contract labor groups ever see. You're far better off staying non-contract.

Latest posts