Third quarter profit report

Wow the unions are so generous. What did they do for the non-contract employees who get to share in the company profits and also seem to get a salary increase every year with no assistance from a CBA whatsoever? how did the US unions arrange that with Management?
Are you that naive to thing that union negotiated pay and benefits do not factor in non-union compensation

Wow the unions are so generous. What did they do for the non-contract employees who get to share in the company profits and also seem to get a salary increase every year with no assistance from a CBA whatsoever? how did the US unions arrange that with Management?
Are you that naive to thing that union negotiated pay and benefits do not factor in non-union compensation

The unions don't care about their own membership much less any non-contract employees. Union leadership is more often than not only concerned about their own power and personal financial gain. If non-contract employees benefit from contract employees it has more to do with the IRS, the FLSA, and other federal laws that govern compensation and benefits than the any altruism on the part of the union(s).

Nevertheless, the company goes far beyond what the law requires in order to recruit and retain the right people to fill non-contract jobs. I've met a lot of non-contract employees who are perfectly satisfied with their jobs and respect and trust their executive leadership. By and large contract employees don't like their jobs, or don't like their union, or don't trust management - or possibly all of the above. It's the culture of unions to breed negativity and distrust, and job dissatisfaction. If misery is the goal for unions or contract employees, it's woking very well.

Reactions: 1 person
The unions don't care about their own membership much less any non-contract employees.

Actually, the unions (with ALPA first since they voted in the BK2 concessions first) negotiated the total profit sharing pool with a percentage of it going to the pilots. The other unions got a share for their members, leaving the remainder for non-contract. IIRC, each group got a percentage of the pool equivalent to the percentage of total concessions each group agreed to, including the non-contract group.

It would have been a simple matter for ALPA to negotiate it's own profit sharing pool, leaving the other groups - union and non-union - to fend for themselves.

Jim

Here's a blurb on profit sharing from the state of the company address:

#
Q. How many employee's are eligible for the profit sharing program.
A. Don't have the number off the top of my head but I can tell you that the large group that is no longer part of the program (IAM) includes a few thousand employees. You can't really calculate what it might look like at the end of the year by taking the amount and the number of employees because the program distribution goes back to pre-merger US Airways, and ties to pre-merger concessions in some of the cases (not all). Point here is it is not the right calc to take the total accrual and spread it among eligible employees. More info to come after we report the full year, which will be in late January 2011. Good news for now though so stay tuned!

Such a troll. Is this the answer you are looking for?

You could also say that the reason there is any profit sharing at all is because of HP period - without em you'd been liquidated...

He's not a troll he's just telling the truth. AFA should never have diluted the east flight attendant profit sharing pool to the west. And given the industry double whammys of fuel and the recession you no more know if US would've been liquidated without the merger than you know that HP would've survived without it. I'm not anti-AFA, but I do want to give a big shout out to CA for giving away our profit sharing. You go Miss "Good Will Gesture!"

Such a troll. Is this the answer you are looking for?

You could also say that the reason there is any profit sharing at all is because of HP period - without em you'd been liquidated...

Actually you can't say that, but you could say it is because of Charlotte, DCA, and Philadelphia--namely international--and the ubiquitous fees that are now a permanent part of the landscape. You can also say that Wall Street, having purchased HP and US and putting them together, and the US unions (namely AFA) unilaterally diluting the F/A profit sharing pool with the west is the reason there is FA profit sharing out west. Period.

Actually you can't say that, but you could say it is because of Charlotte, DCA, and Philadelphia--namely international--and the ubiquitous fees that are now a permanent part of the landscape. You can also say that Wall Street, having purchased HP and US and putting them together, and the US unions (namely AFA) unilaterally diluting the F/A profit sharing pool with the west is the reason there is FA profit sharing out west. Period.
Many people on the west still believe they saved us, and still refuse to believe the fact that this arranged marriage saved us both from likely demise. And they can chant all they want, but we are still senior to them! They should be concerned with the Preferential Bidding that the JNC is trying to force down our throat. Once the seniority lists are combined, you will only fly what your seniority can hold and it is going to be all the crap trips. So let's drop the who saved who and worry about our near future thank you. :unsure:

Reactions: 3 people
Many people on the west still believe they saved us, and still refuse to believe the fact that this arranged marriage saved us both from likely demise. And they can chant all they want, but we are still senior to them! They should be concerned with the Preferential Bidding that the JNC is trying to force down our throat. Once the seniority lists are combined, you will only fly what your seniority can hold and it is going to be all the crap trips. So let's drop the who saved who and worry about our near future thank you. :unsure:

Oh, and then there is this reply. Look, the truth once again is that no one wanted you but hp and with out them stepping in at literally the last hour you'd be toast. The LAST HOURS! So when the West believe they 'saved' you, well, what do you expect? HP had the asset of time and that is invaluable.

As for flying all the crap trips enough! Come on. Seriously.

Here is a dose of reality for you. There will be a global seniority list, however, that will be distributed among all the bases so the idea that the junior folks are going to be flying all the crap really isn't true. Senior people will be able to transer to phx as opening become available. The whole bump and flush was already covered...and some want to come to phx, but definitely not all. .so unless the phx base closed and we were all put into phl a scenario where were all flying horrible trips because we are so junior is not going to happen.

AND

Crap trips? You mean there are good trips out there? East? West? You've been around, you've seen the pairings. The trips suck east and west. What is this great trip or trips your thinking about. Flying to Europe? Hawaii? Oh woooo, look at me everyone I'm in Europe and now I have my 27 hours, but remember to deduct at least 8 for sleep another 2 for transpo there and back, eating etc...time zones and other bs. Oh yeah, thats really living. mmmmm hmmmmm.

If you have been here 30-40-45 years doesn't the look on someone's face when you tell them that say it all?

I am unfazed by PBS. I HAVE planned my finances correctly. I think the company posting a profit is fantastic. We all worked hard for it, ALL OF US.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts