TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYer said:

A unionist cares for their fellow unionist. It doesn't matter if I'm a mechanics, stores, facilities, GSE or fleet worker. We all get stronger when we share information. The goal of these pages is to share information in order to make ourselves better, not just to have one side of the story and being sheep. I'm sure you'd agree with that.
Then you should wish the mechanics well in our endeavors to get a new union.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
And its contractual at US also.

Are you being Ms Cleo?

Do you know what language will be in the JCBA?

No you dont.

And as far as its done at the new AA will be negotiated between the IAM, TWU and the new AA.

So explain to the board how do you know it will be done the same way as its done at AA currently?

You are spreading misinformation and are just speculating.
And as a former stock clerk who has been away since 2005 you truly have no clue or a dog in this fight.

Josh

Reactions: 5 people
NYer said:

If it's the best choice, why is a good debate frowned upon. You have a point of view, I have a point of view and it seems mechanics are smart enough to get the information they need to make an informed decision. So all this is good.
Who is frowning on debate? That's what we do here. But you should also respect the fact that a large number of mechanics want to rid themselves of the TWU...Are they not smart enough as well?

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
And its contractual at US also.

Are you being Ms Cleo?

Do you know what language will be in the JCBA?

No you dont.

And as far as its done at the new AA will be negotiated between the IAM, TWU and the new AA.

So explain to the board how do you know it will be done the same way as its done at AA currently?

You are spreading misinformation and are just speculating.

700UW so that you won't LQQK stupid think about this, it may be contractual at both carriers. But with the number of AMT's combined at the new AA do you really think that the Title 2 Auto/facility/utility/plant guys are going to get to keep both their seniority and gain both while working in the lower title group. Not Likely.

The TWU has way more members than the IAM in the maintenance class and craft. it would be suicide for the TWU to Not have it the way it is here.

You are not an AA or even a US employee and never worked at AA so you DON"T know what you are talking about. You may have been affiliated with the IAM at US as a utility/stores clerk, but please don't think that the IAM is going to dictate anything.

"YES" there will be negotiations but the IAM guys are going to be very disappointed if they think the IAM is going to rule over the TWU. Numbers say that won't happen. 

I don't have to be Ms. Cleo, to see the writing on the wall, just as the IAM continues the Lies to the guys there about the pension along with the treats of loss if they are NOT IAM. They can't loose it it's theirs, and its contractual for the company to pay into it even if they rid themselves of the IAM or the TWU absorbs them until a JCBA is done.

Your bs scare tactics don't work here at AA, and the ranting of how the IAM is going to do this/that is just wak.

Reactions: 2 people
NYer said:

The fact that you have resorted to calling me names and make baseless accusations, while at the same time unable to ignore me, let's everyone know that what I share must have legitimacy or else it would simply be ignored.

So go on and continue to raise my credibility by ignoring the information and attacking the messenger.

Political correctness has never been a priority with me, so when I come accross a TWU created Troll such as yourself - I am calling you exactly what you are!  You actually do make a good antagonist to beat up on.  As you continually get your a$$ handed to you every day on this BB.
Credibility?  On this thread, you have none. 
Oh, I see your post count somehow started up again - that should help with the credibility...not

Here's something that I wanted to share with you guys on this thread. The data comes from MIT so I hope that holds at least a small measure of credibility for you all.

Maintenance outsourcing for 2013:

AA 30.3%
Delta 41.8%
United 52.1%
Southwest 59.7% (The grandaddy)

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/default.html

Here's a list of the Total In-House Maintenance Employee Equivalents

Note a special congratulations to AMFA that they went up by 277 people between 2012 and 2013. Great that they can offset that 59.7% outsourcing just a little.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2013%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/MX/Total%20In-House%20Maintenance%20Employee%20Equivalents.htm

Now here's the kicker. Non Union Delta has less members working than you guys do and also makes less per year. Southwest on the other hand yes made $107,333 last year while you made $66,334

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2013%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/MX/Average%20Annual%20Wages%20and%20Salaries%20-%20INHOUSE%20MAINTENANCE%20PERSONNEL.htm

If you guys want to negotiate with the company and tell them that you want to make Southwest wages you also would have to tell them that you are willing to give up 8,070 of your 11,143 Members. Leaving yourselves with only 2,073 members left.

Actually just kidding. According to the charts but taking into account that Southwest has never filed BK and has far less debt then AA still even after that court excursion you would have to give up at least 29.4% of your membership. Actually quite a bit more to stay competitive with the other airlines that we compete against Delta and United? What do you think? Maybe 40%?

Just curious what you guys think? Can you get 40% of your members to vote themselves out of a job to as Bob has said "Have a better job to come back to" Someday?

WeAAsles said:
Here's something that I wanted to share with you guys on this thread. The data comes from MIT so I hope that holds at least a small measure of credibility for you all.

AA 30.3%
Delta 41.8%
United 52.1%

Note a special congratulations to AMFA that they went up by 277 people between 2012 and 2013. Great that they can offset that 59.7% outsourcing just a little.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2013%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/MX/Total%20In-House%20Maintenance%20Employee%20Equivalents.htm

Now here's the kicker. Non Union Delta has less members working than you guys do and also makes less per year. Southwest on the other hand yes made $107,333 last year while you made $66,334

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2013%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/MX/Average%20Annual%20Wages%20and%20Salaries%20-%20INHOUSE%20MAINTENANCE%20PERSONNEL.htm

If you guys want to negotiate with the company and tell them that you want to make Southwest wages you also would have to tell them that you are willing to give up 8,070 of your 11,143 Members. Leaving yourselves with only 2,073 members left.

Actually just kidding. According to the charts but taking into account that Southwest has never filed BK and has far less debt then AA still even after that court excursion you would have to give up at least 29.4% of your membership. Actually quite a bit more to stay competitive with the other airlines that we compete against Delta and United? What do you think? Maybe 40%?

Just curious what you guys think? Can you get 40% of your members to vote themselves out of a job to as Bob has said "Have a better job to come back to" Someday?
Gee I wonder what your obsession is with maintenance since you are not a mechanic. 
Also where are you getting the 11,143 members? The total Title 1 number is 7642. 
So the TWU helped lose around 5000 jobs from a mid 12000 high Title 1...I didn't see my pay go up. Instead I lost money along with industry leading concessions.
The salary chart is wrong. Delta's top pay is more than ours. 
Also, since you cut and pasted,, tell me what the "equivalents" mean!
And Delta's profit sharing is waaaay more than ours.
Oh, wait the TWU negotiated our profit sharing away for a raise without asking the members...

Try not to be too smug...AirServ can replace all of you with the stroke of a pen.

Once again,,,,,WHY DO YOU CARE HAPPENS TO THE MECHANICS?

WeAAsles said:

AA 30.3%
Delta 41.8%
United 52.1%

Just curious, where in all those reports does it say you have to give up jobs for higher wages?

That maybe the TWUs BS excuse for their less than stellar mechanic representation but I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the reports you've linked to.

MetalMover said:
Gee I wonder what your obsession is with maintenance since you are not a mechanic. 
Also where are you getting the 11,143 members? The total Title 1 number is 7642. 
So the TWU helped lose around 5000 jobs from a mid 12000 high Title 1...I didn't see my pay go up. Instead I lost money along with industry leading concessions.
The salary chart is wrong. Delta's top pay is more than ours. 
Also, since you cut and pasted,, tell me what the "equivalents" mean!
And Delta's profit sharing is waaaay more than ours.
Oh, wait the TWU negotiated our profit sharing away for a raise without asking the members...

Try not to be too smug...AirServ can replace all of you with the stroke of a pen.

Once again,,,,,WHY DO YOU CARE HAPPENS TO THE MECHANICS?
Oh I'm sorry I keep forgetting that you only consider Title 1 to be mechanics. The other title groups that are represented are irrelevant. And from now on I'll get my data from you guys here or Bob rather than MIT. What does MIT know anyway right?

And no need to get all testy with the Air Serve crack. That's just being rude.

ThirdSeatHero said:
Just curious, where in all those reports does it say you have to give up jobs for higher wages?

That maybe the TWUs BS excuse for their less than stellar mechanic representation but I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the reports you've linked to.
Come next September with the industry averaging (Yes excluding SWA) you will have both. Going to be a nice increase even before any further improvements in the joint CBA.

Hold onto your pants padner.

WeAAsles said:
Oh I'm sorry I keep forgetting that you only consider Title 1 to be mechanics. The other title groups that are represented are irrelevant. And from now on I'll get my data from you guys here or Bob rather than MIT. What does MIT know anyway right?

And no need to get all testy with the Air Serve crack. That's just being rude.
The MIT charts you posted are citing maintenance outsourcing and maintenance personnel equivalents. So yes Title 1 are directly related to maintenance. Should we include automotive and facilities maintenance as well?
Did you not post about maintenance OUTSOURCING to show AA outsources less than its peers?
As for the AirServ comment, just keep in mind,,,maintenance isn't the only work that can be outsourced.

WeAAsles said:
Come next September with the industry averaging (Yes excluding SWA) you will have both. Going to be a nice increase even before any further improvements in the joint CBA.

Hold onto your pants padner.

In other words "no answer"

Thanks, thats just what I thought.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.