TWU Equity Distribution Informational Meeting – Hand Out

This discussion is comical albeit sickening. Where were all of you who whine over lost (insert here) while the rest of your airline brethren were fighting?

The guys complaining about the early out screwing now are probably the ones who voted in the C-scale. The retirees losing the bennies are the ones who sold out the profession for the OSM, SRM, Junior Mechanic, or whatever else you want to call it.

I hope you do get an AMFA write in win. You will soon learn who will actually work for your interests. ----hint--- it is you.

Obviously he wants both, but you can't blame him. Although I disagree also, I can understand his beef. But these guys must remember they got 40K and we got the contract that was voted in.
the contract they helped vote in for there 30 pieces of silver

The APA cutoff is August 8, 2012 and the APFA cutoff is August 31, 2012. In either those scenario's or dates the Early Out folks wouldn't qualify either.
I left in 2013 so I believe I would have qualified based on my understanding of their agreements. No matter, any one of you who refused early out would not object to an equity award if you had taken the early out. The trade-off of not being forced to pay a service charge to the TWU for substandard representation is well worth not receiving equity. I'm looking forward to using the experience I gained at AA to help my next employer remain the #1 airline in the world. Good luck to you guys.

The APA cutoff is August 8, 2012 and the APFA cutoff is August 31, 2012. In either those scenario's or dates the Early Out folks wouldn't qualify either.

Negative. The dates were clearly spelled out in post #17. The APA equity will be paid to pilots who were on the payroll on 1/1/2013, roughly two weeks after they ratified their agreement. There was no early out offered to pilots.

The APFA said last August that FAs on the payroll on the date they ratified their new contract (8/19/2012) will receive a share of the equity:

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/08/apfa-divies-up-equity-stake-among-flight-attendants.html

Nothing in the APFA description that makes early-out recipients inelligible for the equity.

Leave it to the shittiest "union" on the planet to wait nearly a year before revealing to its members the rules for receiving a share of the equity and also making up a rule that you have to continue to work for the crappy union and company for an entire year AFTER the contract was ratified to be eligible to receive a share of the equity. That's not how real unions operate.

Negative. The dates were clearly spelled out in post #17. The APA equity will be paid to pilots who were on the payroll on 1/1/2013, roughly two weeks after they ratified their agreement. There was no early out offered to pilots.

The APFA said last August that FAs on the payroll on the date they ratified their new contract (8/19/2012) will receive a share of the equity:

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/08/apfa-divies-up-equity-stake-among-flight-attendants.html

Nothing in the APFA description that makes early-out recipients inelligible for the equity.

Leave it to the shittiest "union" on the planet to wait nearly a year before revealing to its members the rules for receiving a share of the equity and also making up a rule that you have to continue to work for the crappy union and company for an entire year AFTER the contract was ratified to be eligible to receive a share of the equity. That's not how real unions operate.

Thank you... I couldn't have said it better...

I left in 2013 so I believe I would have qualified based on my understanding of their agreements. No matter, any one of you who refused early out would not object to an equity award if you had taken the early out. The trade-off of not being forced to pay a service charge to the TWU for substandard representation is well worth not receiving equity. I'm looking forward to using the experience I gained at AA to help my next employer remain the #1 airline in the world. Good luck to you guys.

Welcome aboard!!!

Latest posts